Snot-like, globby discharge - a good sign?

KaiaRae

Reaction score
It's a long story. I am TTC, but I've just come off of ten years of birth control (various forms), most recently depo. I was told it takes 3-6 months for it to leave your system. As of Dec. 27th, it's been 3 months. Well, the last three days, I've noticed this (as it says in the question), snot-like, globby discharge. Yellow-ish, at one time with a bit of brown. No odor, no itching, so I don't suspect infection. My boyfriend and I had sex 12 days ago now, and from what I read on forums, this discharge happened anywhere from 6-10 days after ovulation. This kind of discharge has NEVER happened before, but then again, coming off years of birth control, maybe my body doesn't know what it's doing.

Took a pregnancy test today, and it was negative, and I suspected it may have been too early.

Does anyone have experience with this particular kind of discharge, and what did it mean for you?

I had this in my last cycle. I thought it was a good sign but I got my af :/ it could be for you though!

It sounds like egg white cervical mucus which happens prior to ovulation. Have you googled that at all to see if that's what it is? Personally, I've never had it after ovulation even when pregnant so not sure what it could mean if you're getting it when it's not ovulation time.

I would recommend you getting some of the cheap one-step ovulation tests off the internet. You can get something daft like 30 for £5 so you can use them a couple of times a day. That would help you learn your cycle, especially after so long on birth control.

Agreed, it sounds like egg white cervical mucus, which usually happens around ovulation time, usually a few days before and right thru to ovulation day. So you should be having sex now if you want to conceive. Have you tried using opks to pinpoint ovulation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->