Snow tubing while pregnant... ?

MamaBunny2

Reaction score
Have been wanting to take my kids snow tubing at one of the local ski resorts. They have a special hill designated just for this with multiple lanes and riders can "link up" their tubes by holding hands or onto the other tube(s). There are no obstructions on the way down and the hill is not steep, just a smooth fun ride. Anyone is allowed to ride as long as they can sit in their own tube alone.

I find nothing but negative comments on tubing. Perhaps more in regards to free tubing down a hill in the open with trees or bumps or other obstructions? Sledding, to me, is another story. I have been both sledding and tubing and prefer tubing because of the smooth ride and not falling off. Sleds (especially cheap plastic ones) have a tendency to spin around and flip the rider off. The more quality sleds (with the slick bottom and hand grips) go super fast and neither sled has any cushion.

Here is an example of the snow tubing at Brandywine Resort in Ohio:

https://youtu.be/9lFziQoiwHw

I feel it would be harmless, but if they had cautions or restrictions posted I definitely wouldn't give it a second thought to NOT participate.

This is how i look at things...if there is even a good chance you may catch a bad spot etc and land hard on your tummy its not worth the risk. That is why even though im very early on i stopped diving during my swims even though i rarely belly flop anymore. To me if there is a chance its not worth risking it. But if you want the best opinion to help answer your question, you really should be asking your dr/obgyn/midwife as they are experienced in what is best and safest.

Its upto you and how much risk YOU want to take. If your sure its a smooth ride and stop then i say go for it. X

I've just watched that video and in all honesty no way would I do it. I'm a real worrier, and you're going at speed, I don't see how I would possibly enjoy it with the fear of the worst happening!

Pregnancy is only 9 months, I'd go next year :flower:

I've now stopped cycling to work. Even though I haven't fallen off my bike in over 10 years, that small chance just isn't worth the risk xx

I would check their restrictions and if its a no from them, go with that. If not, then the choice is yours. I totally get there are things you shouldn't do while pregnabt , but a lot of it is total over-caution. I think cycling to work is great and I don't think I would stop. You could fall walking down stairs - you just can't eliminate all risk. But I guess its an individual choice to weigh up what the risk is to you. I am still doing zumba and swimming. I could fall while dancing, could get kicked in the stomach by a passing child in the water, but the risk is tiny and I'm good with that.

I have done that exact type of snow tubing and it was SUPER smooth and the tubes are so big they engulf you. Honestly, having done it (not pregnant) I can say that I think you would be fine. Have fun if you decide to do it.

After observing the hills, other tubers and allowing my kids to take a trip downhill and report the experience to me I ended up participating last night and so glad I did... it was a BLAST! At no point did I feel in danger, unsafe or uncomfortable and it was actually a decent workout walking in the snow. I woke up today feeling just fine.

*Let me be sure to clarify this is tubing at a controlled, organized resort area and not sledding*

Here's a video of myself, my OH, our two kids and four friends linked up and tubing downhill:

https://youtu.be/1PBMlpYGJTM​

It was incredibly fun! I can't wait to do it as a family of five when our LO is old enough :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->