Snuffling 7mo - any tips??

Posterpots

Reaction score
Hello

My 7mo has a snuffly nose, more so at night and when she's feeding.

I use a mild vapour rub on her chest, muslins with olbas oil tied to her cot, Karvol plug in, water under her radiator with drops of olbas, Nasosal drops...what more can I do?!

A friend suggested putting books under her mattress to help her breathe better but when I did it, the mattress didn't look secure so I've not gone further with that.

I took her to the doctor as a friend panicked me into thinking she may have large adenoids but doctor said she just has the sniffles. She's also badly teething which I think is partly to do with it.

She also has Nurofen for children/Calpol too..poor thing is suffering at night and seems to wake around 3-4am without fail!

Any tried and tested methods out there??!

Thanks

Have you tried taking your LO into the bathroom while it is steamy, also when I give olly a bath I also fill the sink with hot water so it makes the room more steamy! The saline nasal spray is amazing! totally clears him up for feeds and bed time, he can still get bunged up in the night and i just give another spray in each nostril.
other than that I think you have everything covered!
x

Have you tried taking your LO into the bathroom while it is steamy, also when I give olly a bath I also fill the sink with hot water so it makes the room more steamy! The saline nasal spray is amazing! totally clears him up for feeds and bed time, he can still get bunged up in the night and i just give another spray in each nostril.
x

I might try that, it only gets steamy in there when the shower is on, so can't do that when she has a bath...but will have a go on her non bath nights!

I used the Calpol saline spray, I hated giving that to her as she would freak each time it was squirted, and half the time I wasn't sure if any came out! Which one did you use?

Our lO has had this so long that I recently bought a humidifier! It's worked wonders. I also put a pillow under the mattress to prop her slightly. I used saline spray which she hates and a nasal aspirator , a snot sucking one ratter than the bulb blowey one :)

how about those vic plug in things? like the vapour rub but you plu them in instead??im not sure if htey still sell them but my mate had one once for his childs room nd worked really well

how about those vic plug in things? like the vapour rub but you plu them in instead??im not sure if htey still sell them but my mate had one once for his childs room nd worked really well

Yep, have a Karvol one, and it's by her cot too. It's so strong, it really hits us when we walk in and keep the door shut too but she's still snuffly. Maybe it does work a little?? Not sure!

Our lO has had this so long that I recently bought a humidifier! It's worked wonders. I also put a pillow under the mattress to prop her slightly. I used saline spray which she hates and a nasal aspirator , a snot sucking one ratter than the bulb blowey one :)

Tell me more about the humidifier, can you share a link to an example? Did you prop the pillow just under the mattress where her head is?

I have an aspirator too, but it's one where I have to suck it with my teeth through a tube.. it was a nightmare to use when she was a baby but now she's so wriggly I daren't!

x

I might try that, it only gets steamy in there when the shower is on, so can't do that when she has a bath...but will have a go on her non bath nights!

I used the Calpol saline spray, I hated giving that to her as she would freak each time it was squirted, and half the time I wasn't sure if any came out! Which one did you use?

i had the calpol one the first time he had a cold, but then got the boots own brand one the next time. Did you try the nasal drops instead? the GP just gave me some so not sure what brand etc, but you just put a drop in each nostril at feeds and sleep time.
xxx

I use the calpol plug in (like the Karvol one really) and have a couple of towels under the head of the mattress to prop him up a bit.

x

i had the calpol one the first time he had a cold, but then got the boots own brand one the next time. Did you try the nasal drops instead? the GP just gave me some so not sure what brand etc, but you just put a drop in each nostril at feeds and sleep time.
xxx

Yes I now use the Nasosal drops rather than the Calpol spray, and last night she slept really well, and didn't wake till 6 :) She also cut her top teeth over night too hooray!!

Will also look into propping up her mattress too.

Thanks very much!

Tell me more about the humidifier, can you share a link to an example? Did you prop the pillow just under the mattress where her head is?

I have an aspirator too, but it's one where I have to suck it with my teeth through a tube.. it was a nightmare to use when she was a baby but now she's so wriggly I daren't!

https://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-3924.aspx

Thos is the one we have but you can get the cheaper. I just used to put the pillow under the mattress where her head is and prop her a bit but now she has the pillow in her cot and sleeps so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->