So afraid of the possibility of twins :/

SJDsMommy

1 prince and 1 princess<3
Reaction score
Ok.. so if this were my first or even 2nd pregnancy I wouldn't be freaking out this much, I wouldn't have minded twins at all but this is my 3rd pregnancy and it wasn't even planned.. I started having symptoms right away and not only that but I am HUGE already! I am not even 6 weeks along and I am already showing! (not sure how I am going to hide this for another 3 weeks!) and I don't think its just bloating! Even my friend (the one friend I have told) noticed when I pointed out that I am getting big already, she started analyzing me and telling me that the top of my stomach is all hard too and that I'm carrying high.. My hcg levels at 4 weeks 4 days were 2999. (with my 2nd child they were only 140 ish when I was 5 weeks along....)

I've been having symptoms pretty much since conception! and I found out when I was about 7 dpo and I never test before a missed period..

I know all pregnancies are different and I'm probably just paranoid but I cant help it.. My dating scan is on the 24th so I guess I will find out then.. REALLY hoping its just one and that I'm only showing so fast because its my 3rd time.. I would love twins but I don't know how we could handle 4 kids financially..

If you are then consider yourself blessed.... Everything always finds a way of working itself out.

I do feel very blessed with this pregnancy and still will either way, especially as this is our last, hubby has set up an appointment for a vasectomy.. I know we would figure it out somehow, just kind of stressful to think about financially (but then what isn't these days..) At least we have a while to prepare.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but my hcg was 18,762 at 4w6d and I only had one. Either way, yes every child is a blessing and somehow we always seem to find a way to make it work. Good luck and Congrats!

I'm freaking out a little about twins also. I'm 8w & can't button pants that I wore 2 weeks ago, but I'm losing weight. This is my first & was not planned. I have no medical reasoning as to why I'm thinking twins. Just kinda have this feeling in the back of my mind. So, I get that you're freaking out a little. But rest assured, no matter what, it will all work out in the end! I feel there's a higher power that knows exactly what we need when we have no clue we are in need!
I go tomorrow for my second ultrasound. I anxious to see if there are two heartbeats.
Keep us posted on your adventure!

-P

I'm so curious. Had to comment so I can stalk.
About hcg levels, yes they are high, but both of my precious pregnancies, the hcg was higher ( and I got a scan right away to see if there were two or to rule out something crazy like ectopic and whatnot) and both times just one baby)
I'm curious if you have two because you never know!

First pregnarly planned one beautiful baby boy. Second pregnancy very much planned and to my susuprise twins. Overwhelmed shocked you name it. You can see in my signat ure was a very stressful and heart breaking rime but now complete shock and suprise to be pregnant again. I'm huge already. Morning sickness has never been this bad carrying twins and absolutely petrified of twins again. I have a 49% of conceiving twins again . Scan next week will tell

I honestly don't think it's reason to "worry" just yet. Unless twins run in the family, then you might be a little more concerned...

Hcg levels vary with every single pregnancy. Also, my levels at 6w was 21,000+. I think hcg levels are more of an indicator of a healthy pregnancy and that's if they increase during their alotted time frame. As for symptoms, I was/am the same way with this pregnancy. Started symptoms almost immediately, positive at 8dpo. Extremely nauseated....I told dh "there has to be more than one in there! How can just one cause so much !"

But nope. There's only one in their, confirmed today.

You might be getting ready to conquer an extremely intense pregnacy.

Only way to tell for sure is the US. Fingers crossed it's whatever you want.

Thank you ladies. I know HCG can and does vary with every pregnancy, its just not normal for me personally.

Scout, that is a VERY high level! Holy crap!! haha!

I still have 20 days to go until my scan so it'll be a while.. I do take comfort in knowing that the HCG level I received likely means a healthy baby, and that's all that REALLY matters :)

Twins do not run in our family as far as I know.. the only twins in our family is my husbands grandmother (who has passed) but thats his step fathers mother so no biological relation to him and even if there were, his side wouldn't affect me anyway.. I can't think of any twins on my moms side and don't know much about my fathers side, he doesn't talk much about the, but he has no siblings who are twins (and he has 5 siblings) so I don't think its genetic for me at all..

But like I said all I want is a happy baby (or babies) either way, we'll still have quite some time to prepare! I just get stressed easy when it comes to finances.. I've calmed down for now though, thanks again ladies, I'll be sure to let you all know in just under 3 weeks :)

I was, at first, carrying quads, and my hcg wasn't that high, so I think numbers vary quite a bit from person to person. I also popped really early though and then leveled off. I have the same bump at 9 weeks I did at 6, and I can kind of hide it. I just look bloated.

But, yeah, if twins freak you out, imagine quads! I lost one, though, and now have three strong triplets (pair identical and a fraternal). We are getting used to the idea that our lives will completely change, but prob for the better.

You will definitely have your hands full! When I had my first I was actually kind of hoping for twins! then when I had my daughter it didn't really cross my mind at all.. but the idea of jumping from 2 to 4? thats a big financial responsibility especially when #3 wasn't planned haha. But yes, whatever the outcome I know we'll figure it out some how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->