So annoyed with my Mom

shoelaces17

Reaction score
Ugh this has been a horrible week, we just moved into a new house which moving while pregnant is so exhausting but I'm glad we did it before baby is here, anyways, well my mother who I don't exactly get along with all the time calls and tells me a week after I move to take it easy and don't lift anything and when I informed her I moved over a week ago she goes off saying I didn't tell her and asked if I lifted anything which I say of course but nothing crazy I am pregnant not handicap she then goes and tells me I am going to have a miscarriage like my last baby. I paused for a second and said really I don't think you can really compare me miscarrying my 6 week old baby to my current 28 week old baby. I can't even remember what I said after that because I quickly hung up the phone I was so upset.

I am so angry and just feel disrespected how can you even say because I am pregnant and moved a few boxes I am going to lose my baby. How do you say that to someone, anyone let alone your own daughter. Ugh

Wow, what a terrible thing to put in your mind, even if she thought she was being cautious on your behalf. Some things are better left unsaid. I know this: our bodies are pretty tough and women before us were doing a lot harder stuff just having to survive. You know your limits and your body will tell you when you need to back down a bit. That being said, some of us are more fragile than others, so it's a very personal thing. I'm sure you're fine and LO is fine; exercise is usually good for pregnancy anyway. I work at a shipyard and people have been trying to baby me for months, and I tell them I'm pregnant, not sick, lol. I also know if I whined and got lazy, they'd talk bad about me, too. It's hard to find the right mix, lol. I'm sure your mom is a bit old school in thinking, thinking pregnant should lounge around all day playing incubator. I wouldn't take it personally and it sounds like she was looking out for you, just in a strangely uncomfortable way.

Sounds like she is worried about you but voiced it in an incredibly insensitive way.

ugh how awful!! :(

My ex best friend decided to harass me while I was newly pregnant. I mean REALLY harass me so I had to block his numbers/texts everything. Only way he can reach me now is via Email which 7 months later still harasses me from time to time. His last email... "did you have the baby yet or did you lose it again like last time?" UGH DISGUSTING how ppl word things. God forbid I had MC again how awful!!! Luckily my LO is still cooking away but I didn't give him a response. he doesn't deserve to know the status of my pregnancy. I'm sorry you Mom said that it is so horrible how people don't think before they speak!

Thanks ladies, it never really surprise's me what comes out of her mouth but for her that comment was just really really insensitive. I am always amazed at what people think is ok to ask you/tell you when you are pregnant. I have never gotten so much advice than right now in my whole life. It just sucks because I have just stopped telling people things about the pregnancy. Can't wait til they find out he isn't going to be circumcised I'm sure everyone is going to have a field day with that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->