so anxious about giving birth.

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my 2nd time giving birth but first time I had an emergency c-section. I'm so worried about everything like not getting to hospital in time or not having enough time to get an epidural. Or not having time to get my little boy to my mums. First time round nothing really went the way I planned I keep thinking I was in labour but was sent home twice I don't want this to happen again, but I'm guessing this time I know what proper labour feels like so I know not to go in to early. I'm only just over 30 weeks and I worry about every niggle and I have no idea why. I'm a control freak so I think its because I have no way of knowing when I'm going to go into labour or what's going to happen.

Is it just me that feels like this or does anyone else feel this way??

This is my second time around too and I feel pretty anxious already as well. I had a med free natural birth with my son and I would be absolutely fine if I knew it would go as well as it did with him. But this time I was diagnosed with a complete placenta previa at my 20 week ultrasound and unless it has moved (find out Oct 17th) I will need to have a csection at 36 weeks. The idea of a section freaks me out SO bad... I want to stay calm and relaxed and have the mindset of what will be will be but I have been having horrible nightmares about it all going wrong and baby not making it or me not making it through... Ugh I need to calm down...

Right there with you! I'm not more relaxed this time! My labour with my first was really short so I'm having a home birth this time - I'm worried about the unknown and un-experienced side of that. I worry about getting my toddler to my in laws, or her waking up if it happens overnight... I also worry about my DH not getting back from work in time and having to go through it alone if as predicted my labour is even shorter this time. I'm worried about tearing again - all sorts. However there's also a part of me that thinks "I've done this once, I can do it again". Sorry I know that's probably not any help at all, but youre not alone :flower:

This is my second time around too and I feel pretty anxious already as well. I had a med free natural birth with my son and I would be absolutely fine if I knew it would go as well as it did with him. But this time I was diagnosed with a complete placenta previa at my 20 week ultrasound and unless it has moved (find out Oct 17th) I will need to have a csection at 36 weeks. The idea of a section freaks me out SO bad... I want to stay calm and relaxed and have the mindset of what will be will be but I have been having horrible nightmares about it all going wrong and baby not making it or me not making it through... Ugh I need to calm down...

Awww I know having a c section can be scary but they r not that bad. If I can get through it anyone can. Good luck with everything.

Right there with you! I'm not more relaxed this time! My labour with my first was really short so I'm having a home birth this time - I'm worried about the unknown and un-experienced side of that. I worry about getting my toddler to my in laws, or her waking up if it happens overnight... I also worry about my DH not getting back from work in time and having to go through it alone if as predicted my labour is even shorter this time. I'm worried about tearing again - all sorts. However there's also a part of me that thinks "I've done this once, I can do it again". Sorry I know that's probably not any help at all, but youre not alone :flower:

Its nice to know that other people have the same worries as me.

Ok update!! My previa is totally gone!! I have been green lighted for another natural delivery!!! Now I am scared about that!! Bahahaha I just can't be appeased! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->