So, Christmas 2018??

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
Yes, I know. Christmas Day has JUST been but here I am sorting out my list for Christmas 2018 already. :rofl: Anyone else? I know I'm nuts but come on ladies, I can't be the only one right?! :rofl: And I need to start in the next few weeks because not only do I have 4 kids to sort now, I need to get my Amazon shopping sorted early this time. :dohh:

Not quite writing lists yet but definitely thinking about what to do differently. As my other posts show I need to cut back next year. Buy the girls quality gifts I know will get alot of use/play rather than bits and pieces to bulk up the piles.

Im thinking about it already. Making a mental note of ideas for adults. We have ds birthday in march so starting to prep for that. I need to spread the cost otherwise i cant afford it. Once ds birthday has been i will start on dds which is in june. Then i give myself a break and start for christmas in august. I feel like i spend the whole year buying gifts. Thats just for the kids we have lots of family birthdays in the firat half of the year so find spreading the cost easier.
We have also been dicussing what we will do differently next christmas, things that worked and didnt. I like to be prepared.

I am thinking about it and hoping to be more organised for Christmas 2018 :)

Not focusing on it yet as we go on holiday next october so they wont be getting too much really.

Definitely cutting back in 2018 as there was still far too much even after cutting back from the year before, aiming to buy each of my four children 6-10 presents and a small sack of cheaper gifts,they will also each receive a book/annual, calendar and an outfit/trainers which will not be included as part of the gifts I buy them. I will not do a stocking as the little gifts are not even looked at
My children will be 11, 8 and 3 (twins), I have already started saving with Park, I have ordered £800 plus two electric scooters which are for my older boys.
I want to buy my twin daughter the Luvabella doll and a twin Hatchimal set, a little live pet kitten, couple of small dolls (Enchantimals or Shoppies) and a keyboard, I will put some hatchimal eggs, puzzles and a game in a sack for her too)
I want to buy my twin son the Thomas Super Station as his main plus a set of 30 Thomas Minis from Smyth's, a couple of Thomas Trackmaster engines, a fire truck and keyboard, I will also do a small sack for him with Hatchimal eggs, puzzles and a game in it.
I will also probably buy my twins a Playmobil set jointly too, looking at the Farm.
My older boys I have no idea, the electric scooters will be their main gift, may buy a full size keyboard each and some sort of electronic set for them each, that will do for them, plus a watch

I’m so tempted to buy some bits in the sale this year and put them up in the attic with the decorations. I’ve never done it before but there’s some bits which we always buy that would definitely get used. I’d need to go out without the kids though which is never going to happen!

I’m so tempted to buy some bits in the sale this year and put them up in the attic with the decorations. I’ve never done it before but there’s some bits which we always buy that would definitely get used. I’d need to go out without the kids though which is never going to happen!

I'm the same. I will definitely be buying stuff through the year instead of waiting. Even little stocking fillers etc if I see them cheap then I'll put them by for next year. I won't buy any 'main' presents until nearer the time as obviously I don't know what they will be asking for, but I don't want to be running around last minute filling stockings and looking for little bits to bulk up their piles.

I was the most unorganised I've ever been - It's the small things that caught me out and timing ... I decided to relax rather than trying to set us all out a plan, well NEVER again :lol: I felt chaos!

So yes my prezzie planning list is already on my phone for updating! x

I will only be planning to buy for DD2 and OH in advance. DD1 has taught me not to have set in stone choices for her. I've yet to look for anything as of yet. They had the right amount this year - opened within an hour. We didn't go skint either despite the shortage of buying time. Definitely want to buy throughout the year again, screw OH's "Don't start until October". Then again I'm pretty sure he offered to take control of next year's Christmas.

Not really thinking about next Christmas just yet as I am not sure what we are doing. We are planning a big trip to the U.K./Germany to visit family in august, so will be a small Christmas as far as presents go.

I’ve already started on lists and brought my first present yesterday. I’ve got 5 kids to buy for so like to be pretty organised even if it doesn’t feel like it come December :)

Bought my twin daughter her first presents for next year, got her a Robo Fish Cute Seas set, Bianca kitten which I wanted to get her this Christmas but thought she was too young and a Lola puppy, they were all in sale from various places.

I'm going to Boots tomorrow to pick up some gift sets for Christmas next year, I've bought my kids some Christmas outfits in the Next and Zara sales xx

Oh man, i just realised, i bought the kids 2 toy advent calendars yesterday, got dd some christmas leggings and a christmas jumper. Plus christmas pants for both kids and a chtistmastree hat for one of them. All for next year. Plus wrapping paper.

I knew it wasn't just me. Hubby thinks I crazy to start again because we've just gotten through it but he is beginning to understand the reason behind my madness. It's only taken him 10 years! :rofl: So far, all you ladies have got some fantastic ideas in place! :)

I've gotten as far as starting my list for the boys. But I won't be able to actually start doing anything until beginning of Feb. With the chaos of this year, everything was just so out of control and it was done on a 'as it comes up we will deal with it' plan. We didn't have a choice. So I'm still getting ready for baby. So far I've gotten as far as LEGO Ultra Agents and LEGO Minecraft, Minecraft duvet, Build Your Own V8 Engine and Cathedral for DS1, LEGO Nexo Knights, LEGO Ninjago and an 11" Dojo Raph for DS2, Gears, a latch board and a Vtech Alphabet toy for DS3. DS4 I'm not too sure as of yet but am looking at a Vtech Crawl and Learn ball and a Vtech Sort and Discover Cube so far. But I sort of veer off from my list too if something else catches my eye. Really want to look at a 14ft trampoline for the kids as their combined Santa present but don't know if we will be here or not let alone if we will have the room. :(

I haven't really started thinking about next Xmas yet. I've no idea what my girls will be wanting or into next year and it'll depend on what happens through the year with holidays, etc.

Saying that I did pick up a reduced Superdrug beauty calendar for dd1 in the pre Xmas sales.

i've signed up to park with my first payment going out on the 2nd! i probably won't start making lists until halfway through the year. i was happy with how i did it this year but would like next year to be less of a stretch financially so the park vouchers will help that! :)

i've got DD's birthday party on saturday and birthday on sunday to get sorted for now :wacko:

i've signed up to park with my first payment going out on the 2nd! i probably won't start making lists until halfway through the year. i was happy with how i did it this year but would like next year to be less of a stretch financially so the park vouchers will help that! :)

i've got DD's birthday party on saturday and birthday on sunday to get sorted for now :wacko:

I spent last night ordering birthday party stuff for ds2’s party in just over a week, makes the Christmas come down a bit more bearable!

I spent last night ordering birthday party stuff for ds2’s party in just over a week, makes the Christmas come down a bit more bearable!

it does doesn't it! it's just a bit stressful trying to find places for all the toys before the new ones come :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->