So, Christmas 2018??

i've signed up to park with my first payment going out on the 2nd! i probably won't start making lists until halfway through the year. i was happy with how i did it this year but would like next year to be less of a stretch financially so the park vouchers will help that! :)

i've got DD's birthday party on saturday and birthday on sunday to get sorted for now :wacko:

I spent last night ordering birthday party stuff for ds2’s party in just over a week, makes the Christmas come down a bit more bearable!

it does doesn't it! it's just a bit stressful trying to find places for all the toys before the new ones come :haha:

Ha ha I don’t even try, the toys for their bedroom just get put in there until after his birthday and then I do a proper tidy

I am thinking about how much better next year will be!

We did have a great time this year but there was a lot I would do different. Hopefully next year we'll have a baby too!

We have to plan to visit family in advance. I am from Japan so we try and visit at some point. This year we went in November. Next year we MAY go for Christmas. So we do need to decide that soon so we can arrange stuff as early as possible.

A question for the ladies making lists for next year, do you not just end up buying the things for birthdays? I have a running list of gift ideas for everyone and use up half my lists for birthdays/ mothers day etc.

A question for the ladies making lists for next year, do you not just end up buying the things for birthdays? I have a running list of gift ideas for everyone and use up half my lists for birthdays/ mothers day etc.

I manage to keep both separate as my girls' birthdays are February and March, so I usually pick up Christmas presents throughout the year after their birthdays.

I plan the 'big' presents first. I'm not sure what their big Christmas presents will be next year but I already have planned their birthday ones and a few others. So most other things I pick up will be for next Christmas.

Or I just buy in the sales then just decide on their birthday whether to give it then or save for Christmas.

Nope. Seperate ideas. :) DS2 wants the $400 Ninjago Lego set which means that will be all he gets as well as a couple of Christmas presents less because of cost. DS1 is getting a flying lesson at our local Aviator Club and something else so he'll get a $200 budget. DS3, not a clue! :haha:

I keep a running list and since his birthday is in July I do use a good portion then. However, it works for us as we don't end up giving many gifts from us as everyone else tends to buy for him.

I got dd her pajamas for her Christmas eve box.

So far I have bought my daughter some gifts, got her twin brother a gift and made lists for them, they will only be 3 and got overwhelmed by the amount so this year I am only buying them 12 gifts each
Bought so far:
2 (will be 3) year old daughter
Lola Dog
Robo Fish Cute Seas set
Fingerling Unicorn
Minnie Mouse dressing up doll
Bianca Kitten

Rest of her list
Keyboard
Lucy Dog
Doc Mcstuffins Hospital care cart
Doc Mcstuffins medical bag set
Luvabella (main)
Leapstart Interactive Learning System
Animator Doll

I have bought her twin brother a Robo fish set too
His list:
Woody
Buzz
My First Flyer
Keyboard
My First Scalextric
Imaginext Batman cave
2 X imaginext figure set
Dusty the garbage truck
Thomas Super set (main)
Leapstart Interactive Learning System

I have also set up a Park account, I have ordered a £250 Love to Shop card for Iceland shopping, £100 card each for my 11 & 8 year old sons, an electric scooter each for my older boys and a record player for my parents, I have no idea what to buy my older boys so I usually get the younger kids stuff by Aug/Sept and get them to make their lists and buy their gifts from September, this year however the older boys will only be receiving eight gifts each as they are getting the gift card/cash, all of them will receive a gift bag with an annual, calender (older boys) and a few smaller gifts inside instead of stockings which don't really get looked at.

I am giving each of my older boys £100 each for their birthdays, my eldest is eleven in February and my younger son is 8 in June, I will also buy them a few small items and go to the cinema or a day trip somewhere, my twins turn 3 in November, we have decided to get a Playmobil set plus add one and some Melissa and Doug items

Wow some impressive lists already. I can't even think of anything yet that they would like/want.

My girls both have their birthdays in September so we have a while to wait. DD1 has been obsessed with ponies for the past two years so think we have all of those covered and paw patrol too. My sister has said about getting them both a scooter for birthdays and DH just mentioned a trampoline.

I just remembered the new toy story is out in 2018 isn't it? Probably be quite alot of merchandise when that is out!

Next year we will be in our new house, the one my husband and his dad are building. Everything will be different.

I think we did fine on the gifts for our kids, the right amount. I think they got too many because of so many other people getting them stuff, but I'm not going to reduce what I buy because of everyone else.

I have already started a list of "Christmas Traditions" and stuff, and some better elf ideas.

Next year we will be in our new house, the one my husband and his dad are building. Everything will be different.

I think we did fine on the gifts for our kids, the right amount. I think they got too many because of so many other people getting them stuff, but I'm not going to reduce what I buy because of everyone else.
I
I have already started a list of "Christmas Traditions" and stuff, and some better elf ideas.

I have done this, the christmas traditions and elf ideas. I started a christmas notebook this year. I usually just have it in my journal or whatever system im using but i leave that all over the place and ds can read so have to be carefull. Elf ideas is something i struggle with because im lazy and the last thing i want to do is reposition an elf before i throw myself into my bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->