So close, yet so far....

Tulip77

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,I'm Tulip. I have trying to conceive for many years which only resulted in a miscarriage & gave me more heartache. I have PCOS & have completed all tests to have ivf treatment. But doctor has advised me to lose weight (10kgs) and then I can start ivf treatment right away.

Now can I ask u lovely people what advise* hv for me. I am trying hard to lose weight which doesn't seem to shift. Dr adv with PCOS its very tough to lose weight but am trying...I feel as though my dream to have this lil' miracle for the past 10 yrs is never gonna happen due to my weight (barrier) :-(

:hugs: I've been doing pilates 5 days a week for an hour. Maybe do weights for 15 minutes 3 times a week to help get some muscle. I eat small healthy meals during the day and try to not be to naughty with dinner. I loose about 1-2lbs a week. I hope you get your lil' miracle soon. :hugs:

Hi Tulip and welcome to the forum!

I have a few friends who have PCOS one was told she would NEVER concieve so she just gave up and got a BFP out of nowhere and now has a 3 year old little girl!

My other friend tried for years and then had to go doen the IVF road and was so lucky to concieve her daughter now 2 on their first shot! She also had to loose weight but cant remember how much. She found it so hard too but a combination of excersise (she went to the gym, swiming and did alot of walking) cut out all sugary "bad" foods like fizzy juice, chocolate and basically ate fruit, veg and made her portion sizes smaller!
The avoidance of chocolate and cola juice helped when it came to her injections as she had to have no caffiene so her "cravings" had been dealt with early. Although that said she did take quite a drastic lifestyle change to get to her IVF weight....but made up for her eatting during pregnancy:happydance:

Have they refered you to a dietician? I had a BMI of over 40 with my 1st pregnancy and attended a metabolic clinic where now they have refered me to my community dietician...that said my appointment is not til January so dont really know what it involves:blush:

Wishing you all the best and a speedy weight loss and IVF journey!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Hi Emma & luckyme - Thanks to both you for ur reply & support. I keep to a diet & also exercise 45 mins 4 days - am not a fanatic for chocs, fizz drinks & chips but still finding it hard...maybe I should work harder!

Will keep u guys posted...n tnx once again...Tulip...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->