So confused

Sarah345

Reaction score
Hi girls

Im after some advice on what is happening with me!

I have 28 day cycles and always thought I ovulated day 14. My husband and I DTD every other day the week I was due to ovulate and I had EWCM.

A few days before AF was due I took a preg test which was negative - I was gutted! But no AF came. It was due on the Friday. Preg test on the Sunday was negative but on the Tuesday I had a super faint line. So that's 4-5 days after AF due.

I went to docs and they did a preg test which was also negative but they also did blood tests which showed I was pregnant! Hurrah! But he said the levels were low and I was just pregnant at 4 weeks. Which I found odd as would have thought id be 5 3/4 weeks. Anyway- he did more blood tests the following week which showed my HCG was increasing and I was tracking 5 weeks pregnant.

I had a u/s yesterday ( which was 7 weeks based on dates but 6 weeks based on HCG levels) and this again showed I was 6 weeks pregnant but there was no HB. There was an egg yolk.

I am really confused as I thought the U/s would show I was closer to 7 weeks. It does support what my HCG levels are and what the doctor said but I cant understand based on when I had my Cervical mucus and my 28 day cycles that I ovulated late. I also read if you implant late you are more likely to m/c.

I feel like im a time bomb and going to miscarry soon and its a horrible feeling. I have a repeat scan in 10 days to check for HB which feels like a life time away.

Thank you

Sarah

Maybe you did just ovulate later on. Stay positive and try not to worry. I also thought I was 3-4 days further along than I really am but am just happy to be pregnant! Hopefully you see that little heart beat soon. Good luck!

I don't know much about it, but here's what I can tell you, I had my last period from 5/12 to 5/16 and I had surgery on 5/20 to get my tonsils taken out (maybe that had something to do with it?) but by my LMP I should be about 14 weeks pregnant but I'm only 11+6 as of today. But everything is measuring perfect and the heartbeat is at a good rate. In fact, at my last ultrasound, the baby was measuring 2 days ahead of what my due date is but we are keeping the same due date I was first given. I think just because things happen late or we happen to implant late doesn't necessarily mean there's a higher risk of a m/c but I could be wrong. I'm just basing this off of my experience this pregnancy and how off my dates are and how much my baby is growing and the fact that he/she is growing at a good rate. Keep your head up and hopefully you'll hear some better news!

I'm wondering with the late BFP if you did in fact ovulate later .. Hope everything turns out okay!

Here's the thing- your itty bitty one is tiny! Right now it's easy to measure behind or ahead and honestly a lot of babies either catch up in the end or stay right on schedule with their current estimations. My son measured behind during 90% of the pregnancy. He caught up and was born on his due date. :)

Besides, once you get to third tri, you will see that babies arrive when they very well please. :rofl:

Thanks for all the positive messages girls. Appreciated it. But I started bleeding literally right after I wrote that message! Pressed submit, went to the loo and blood. It's got heavier and some cramps. I thought it was going to happen. Pretty sad. ����

Now I'm confused- bleeding has slowed right down and pretty much stopped. No cramps. I now don't know if I'm m/c or have just had a bleed or maybe the internal scan yesterday has made me bleed.

I bled with both my other kids at 6 weeks and they were fine! I've just assumed it was m/c this time as my dates are so off. Can bleeding get lighter before heavy again? I've passed no clots.

Sorry to hear you're going through a confusing and worrying time Sarah. Other than ewcm did you have anything else to suggest you ovulated when you think you did? If you weren't charting or taking OPKs then I imagine you ovulated later, backed up by the time you got your pregnancy test, hCG levels and ultrasound. They're all adding up, so I'd believe those dates.

As for the bleeding, how worrying! You're right, internal ultrasounds can irritate your cervix. It's worth going back to the EPU if it continues or getting in touch with your midwife or GP. I really hope it's nothing and that this is a sticky bean in there!

Definitely get looked at so you know what's going on in there dear! I am positive that everyone is wishing you the best. :hugs:

I thought my cycle was also regular, until we conceived this baby, the week after my period was due.... I didn't get my bfp until I was three weeks late!
It's possible that your dates are off.
It also can be normal to bleed and everything be ok.
I'd go get seen though Hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->