So disappointed :(

bjl1981

Reaction score
Now I don't want to sound ungrateful, but this just takes the biscuit. (or cracker!)
I really wanted a new carrier for Christmas as my LO is getting pretty heavy (18lbs) and the baby carrier we were given is not really suitable anymore. So I asked DH to get someone to buy me one for my Christmas present. I'd picked out a lovely Action Baby Carrier and was so excited when his parents said they'd get it.

Anyway, this weekend I said to DH "did you dad manage to get the carrier I wanted, as one website has already sold out"
so he called and asked them, and they said "oh, we decided to get you something a bit different, a joint present instead"
:( I was so gutted. Everyone else has already sorted out what they're getting me by now.
Thats not the worst part though.

So we got a parcel, our "joint" present arrived in the post.
A box of CHEESE.

I don't even like cheese, I only eat it melted in things.
So not only do I not have a carrier, I have a fridge full of cheese!!!

two words:

Sucks Ass!!!!!

maybe send them a can of tuna :muaha:

seriously though, they should know better then that right>?
i mean ive only been with my DH 2 years and my MIL knows what i like and dislike..

oh no! You can't make that kind of thing up can you really? :hug:

That's fooking awful, twats.

That they changed it to something so random and didn't tell you, I mean, not that they didn't get what you asked for. It annoys me when ppl say they'll get you something then the occasion comes and they haven't but you can't get it cos it's sold out or whatever. It's like, if you'd known you could have put money aside or asked someone eldse for it.

I also vote for sending them tuna back!!!
It actually made me go text my mother to check she has bought me the cowprint blueberry I begged her to get me for christmas...she has...phew! Id have cried if id been given cheese instead.

That's possibly the weirdest present I've ever heard of, and I LOVE cheese! I'd invite them over for dinner and make them eat it all - cheese fondue starter, cheesy mash and cheesy leeks and some kind of meat stuffed with cheese for main course, cheesecake for dessert followed by a cheese board and keep forcing it down their throats!!! Do you think they've done it to be mean or are they just muppets?

thats really odd, i must admit i had a giggle when you said cheese, well more of a spit my tea at the screen because its just sooo random!!!

boooo that they didnt get you what they promised, id be so mad!!!

x

They are so lovely, and very generous (they're getting LO a jumperoo for Christmas), and I'm sure they think its a great present because they're literally cheesaholics!!
We live 200 miles apart, so only see each other a few times a year, so I guess you could say they never realised I don't like cheese, but I would never buy such a specific present unless I was sure someone LOVED it!!! (we have been married 5 years though!!!)
oh well, its going to go down in history as the worst present ever!!

OMG -- I agree with what was said about not being able to make that stuff up! :dohh: :dohh:

That really sucks! And it makes it even worse that they are lovely ppl that you adore. I have a MIL like that -- sweet and generous. Loves me to bits... it always makes me feel guilty about being upset with her on the odd ocassion she does something completely annoying!

Have to admit I had a bit of a giggle when you said cheese, I'd never have guessed that! :lol: It really does annoy me when people do that though, as someone else said, if they weren't going to get it for you then you could have asked someone else instead. Silly parents in law :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->