So exhausted :-(

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
literally found out i was pregnant last week on the first day of my new job, unfortunatly its night shifts and i dont get home till about 12.30 am and then after that i just dont get to sleep till about 2am, throw in my 2 year old who gets up at about 7 am and yes i am exhausted x my partner is amazing and does what he can but he works 9 till 5 himself so i have to do most of the housework, looking after my son etc x does anyone know of anything i can maybe take or do to give me some energy or help me sleep? Thankyou x

Honestly it sounds like you are doing a lot and just aren't getting enough sleep. 5hrs sleep a night isn't enough for anyone and pregnancy puts extra strain on your body. I know your OH works but would it be possible for him to get up with your LO and look after him for an hr while you get a little extra sleep? Is there anyone who can look after him for a couple hrs some days so you can get a nap? Do you really need the job?

I couldn't function on 5 hours of sleep consistently. :hugs: Is there any way you can change up your schedule?

I'd definitely be napping every day with my toddler.

Thankyou girls x because we work opposite shifts i pretty much leave for work 20 mins after he gets home and he leaves at 8.15 am so there pretty much isnt any time for him to watch our boy for me apart from weekends x i dont have to do the job, i took it for a bit of independence more than anything, im just dont wanna leave because its the first job that ive really enjoyed but i guess something will have to give if it carries on like this x

I think fatigue is something *most* women feel during pregnancy, and Im not sure there's something you can take or do to combat it... except get more sleep. Can you maybe adjust the 2 year old schedule so that instead of waking up at 7 he wakes up at 9? It would take a few weeks to get a new routine underway, but it might give you some extra sleep. As mentioned before, naps would help. I remember my pregnant mother always having a designated nap time during the day (she was pregnant with my brother and I was 3. She'd darken a room and play light music and make me lay down with her, I always fought her in the beginning but I'd eventually fall asleep).

I worked through my pregnancy with DS and I used to sleep on my lunch break! When the weather was mild, I'd curl up out in my car. When it got too hot or cold for that, I had a coworker who let me borrow the space under a table in her office, along with one of her beanbag chairs and a blanket. Even just a 30-45 minute nap during the workday made all the difference!

I worked all the way through my first pregnancy and was fine, i think its more to do with the shifts ending so late plus i didnt have a 2 year old to look after the first time!, i cant sleep on break coz there always people in and out of the staff room and i dont have a car x though i didmanage to get a good nights sleep last night so am feeling a bit better.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, though it's a bummer you're not able to take a nap at work! Is there another quiet spot that you might be able to sneak a snooze in? When my coworker's desk wasn't available, I'd sometimes go hide in the file room and let myself doze off in a chair in the corner. :lol:

I think it’s worse 2nd time round!
I had no tiredness with my first but today I’ve hit a wall and I literally cannot keep my eyes open by 11am!

I sure hope it's not worse the 2nd time around! :lol: I slept so much with DS, and even with all the extra naps, I still dozed off at my desk on a regular basis.

Im determined to do this :) have already got a baby list planned on amazon lol so im gonna need to work my butt off lol , have you girls applied for your baby boxes? :)

I don't even know how to anymore! They were out of stock and unavailable when I did my registry for DS. And now we still have most of the stuff we'll need left over from him, unless this ends up being a girl. :lol:

Mine was on my hospital websites maternity page x had to watch some videos and do a quiz then they send it :)

Oh, interesting! Wish ours had something like that. I know Amazon does boxes, but that's all I know. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->