So frustrated with endless nausea

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Just looking for some support from people who understand, and I guess just to vent a little. I am 9.5 weeks pregnant and have been nauseous 24/7 and vomiting several times a day since 4 weeks. I am on dislegis and reglan, and they've taken my symptoms from like an 8/10 to a 5/10. Diagnosed w hypermesis. Already hospitalized once, iv fluids and meds. I have an 18 month old, and I feel like I'm such a crappy mom to him bc I can't play, dance, jump around, etc like I used to and I'm pretty confined to the house. I lay on the floor and read to him or try to play, but nothing compared to the version of me he's used to. I just had a break down bc I feel like I simply can't take anymore. I want to feel normal again. I want to be a good mom again. I want some quality of life back. Ugh. Can anyone relate

I can relate. I haven't had any vomiting, but the last few days I have had bad nausea on and off all day every day. I actually spent a good portion of today on the floor. I don't have any kids yet so I can't relate to that part, but I understand feeling like you can't do anything. I look around our house at all the things I could be doing and I just can't do any of them. My husband is a huge help, which is great, but that doesn't help my feelings of wanting to be able to do more than sit on the couch.

The great joke for me is that until about a week ago, I didn't have nausea at all and was terribly worried that it meant something was wrong.

So I have no advice, but just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. Hopefully it eases up soon. I'm sure your son is alright with whatever level of attention you can give him. I think you're still a great mom. I can't imagine playing with a toddler at all right now so if you are managing to read and play at all I think you are doing a fantastic job!

Same thing here. I'm on diclectin and gravol daily and it doesn't help much. I've started throwing up acid. My husband pretty much takes care of everything. Some days are so bad I spend them in bed. Hopefully it will and soon for us! Hugs!

I didn't have much vomitting, the diclegis stopped it for me. But it didn't help much with the nausea. I was sick to almost 18 weeks then got hit by stomach flu and three back to back colds. Been sick majority of this year and tired of it. So I can definitely relate. Hang in there and try not to feel guilty. It will eventually be better and you can get back to normal. This is just a phase of your life, not forever. That's all I could tell myself to get through it because I wondered if I would ever be normal again. Still do sometimes...

I had hypermesis in 5 pregnancies and needed the zofran pump. The hospital was my 1st home. Im on zofran now cuz im scared itll happen again. Try zofran

I feel your pain. MS was absoloutely awful. I couldn't keep anything down and coupled that with a vomiting phobia made life miserable. I quickly got put on Zofran when did stop 99% of the vomiting. But did nothing for the nausea, which continued really badly until weeks 16/17 and tapered off. I still felt sick until about week 28 but from week 20-28, it was just a back ground annoyance. Sadly, there isn't much you can do. I honestly felt like it was never going to end or get better but if did and it most likely will for you! I think I was pretty unlucky for it to go on so long. Chances are you'll be feeling much better by the second trimester! It must be really hard with other children but try not to feel guilty, you are still a wonderful mum I'm sure. It's just a temporary change for now, it'll pass and you can get back to being the usual parent that you are! :) can your OH help out and take some of the pressure off? Hope you feel much better soon!

Then you all for your sweet replies!!!! I will definitely look into zofran!! And I wish dh could help more. He travels with his job a lot is away about 50% of the time. Whew!! Hoping second tri brings some much needed relief

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->