so gutted and upset life is a bitch

bexxie

Reaction score
Well dunno who knows here but I am deaf,55% loss in each ear roughly,also i dont hear constanents only vowels so thats me pretty much stuffed with my NHS Analogue hearing-aids.

Today I went for a hearing test for super duper digi hearing aids and they will give me a superb quality of hearing but not like you lot hear but compare this. At the mo I hear like a Skoda car, NHS digis like a BMW and these private would be like a Ferrari. To get to the point I am on a waiting list for NHS digitals but that is 3-6 years! So I thought I would go private. Here is the catch.

They are £3719 and last 3 years! That is so much damn money for three years,I dont know wtf to do. Do I do it and just pay £73 a month for life that would cover the cost but initially I will be getting into debt.

Dave said I can have but I cannot justify it,I feel guilty but at the same time think i am entitled to hear surely.

Sorry for the rant
Bex

Aw Bex that is awful the waiting is so long
It is a lot of money to pay but how about paying until you get your NHS ones?
Of course you can justify it, its not exactly a cosmetic treatment is it?
Your quality of life would improve no end wouldn't it?

My friends husband and daughter has them and so does my dad and the differance is amazing
Rob( my friends hubby) was nearly completely deaf in both ears and even with the old hearing aids in you had to speak so he could see your mouth, now i can call to him across the street.

They will make the world of differance, and you deserve that

Sweetheart there is no need to feel so bad and of course you can jusitfy it!!

Life is a bitch honey but you deserve to be able to hear, and dave thinks you should and so do i.

The state of the health service is discusting ... Why should you have to wait so long!!

xxx

Sweetheart there is no need to feel so bad and of course you can jusitfy it!!

Life is a bitch honey but you deserve to be able to hear, and dave thinks you should and so do i.

The state of the health service is discusting ... Why should you have to wait so long!!

xxx

coz of the amount of so called "priority patients"

I Have been told i could be waiting up to 18mths for my heart op :(

xxx

they go to over 60's first and the NHS ones are behind the ear for once i want invisible ones so no-one knows. I speak exceptionally well so you wouldnt know i was deaf but i want more. i think i will wait til i go back to work and either save (i cant justify debt) or pay monthly (i know sort of debt,lol) fuck it i will go for it then
bex

Hun i could cry for you i really could!

Life is so un-fair but if it means a better wuality of life then go for it!!

Next time round they should be on the NHS when they need replacing??

I'd personally send em the recepit

xxx

i know in some circumstances , the NHS pay towards private stuff. maybe you can ask them about that? unless you have already

lol @ imi,just wish we were well off more,we just get straight money wise and i decide this lol poor dave i spent all his money years ago (he used to be quite rich ha ha) poor sod.

i think i will try and save half first.
crap about heart imi how can they say that the *******s! i hate the NHS big-wigs

Are you seeing a consultant at the ENT dpt of your local hospital? My father is deaf and he gets free hearing aids which are worth thousands. Just wondering why you cant benefit from this also as my dad has been getting them for years now.

Are you seeing a consultant at the ENT dpt of your local hospital? My father is deaf and he gets free hearing aids which are worth thousands. Just wondering why you cant benefit from this also as my dad has been getting them for years now.

They are worth £550 exactly I know as have had those shitty hearing aids for over 20 years,they are crap and for my hearing level I need the private ones unfortunately wish I never.

Bex

Ok call me a bitch if you like, but...this is how I see it...

If you go private til you get them on the NHS you get the best of both worlds so to speak

Even if you didn't...you can still justify it...

It's not a high price to pay to hear your little girls first word more clearly hun, I think you should go for it!

i wont use NHS as the hearing aids even digital arent as good as the private. so will hang on til i have cash
bex

Bexxie, I would go for it. Maybe you could get on the waiting list in the meantime and by the time the ones you buy private ware out you will be next on the list.

They are worth £550 exactly I know as have had those shitty hearing aids for over 20 years,they are crap and for my hearing level I need the private ones unfortunately wish I never.

Bex
Me dad had to have something called a masking aid? Maybe I have got that wrong- but its something to do with tinnitus. I know you dont have anything like that, but he is also completely deaf in one ear!
They told him he could possibly go deaf in the other one aswell, so they gave him this leaflet which listed all types of hearing aids availiable, and at what price.
Maybe what I referred to in my first reply wasnt a standard hearing aid- I dunno, but I hope you manage to get the one you're looking for without having to pay out all that expense. x

do u ve a specsaver near u as the specsaver near me does ditigal hearing adies ???

ta iwantone was just looking on specsavers website and have had chat with caroline too,so think maybe they will be worth looking into. The ones I went to was david ormarind at boots so may be they are the expensive i dunno.

I get you now louise yes masking ones are very expensive,I thought you meant bog standard ones lol

Bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"