SO HARD not to tell people!!

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
I'm still so early. Just found out a couple days ago that we're expecting #2.. yet I'm finding it SO hard to not tell anyone! LoL. I've only told my mom so far. She and I are very close, I had to! But other than that.. we haven't told anyone yet. I'm a realist, and I want to be sure everything is okay and wait until at least 12 weeks until we tell close relatives.. but just finding it very difficult. Who else is in this boat with me?! :happydance:

I'm only 9 weeks and couldn't keep it in . Lol its my first so it's was nervous to tell people but I think as long as you keep a positive mind telling a few people wouldn't hurt .

haha i laugh because i said to my husband the other day "I'm a realist, so lets be real here theres no hiding the fact I'm pregnant" I have told people. No announcement just not hiding anything.

I guess we are both realists in our own ways :)

I've told my closest girlfriends, and one couple that we are close with. I'm hoping we can tell our parents this week, but my parents leave Thursday evening to go to Alabama for several days (Mom's 50th class reunion).

I have told quite a lot of people, I can't keep my mouth shut at all!

I'm only just 5 weeks and we have told our parents and our brothers & sisters as we were so excited and if anything went wrong we would want their support. We've also told our two children as we wanted them to hear it from us directly rather than overhearing conversations with other family members. They are so excited, it's lovely and it felt right to tell them early. Only problem is that i'm sure they will want to tell everyone we know!

We've told my parents and my siblings and we've told oh parents and siblings.. And I've told a few close friends. The way I see it is if anything did go wrong id want these people around me for support anyway! X

We have also told parents/siblings/close friends etc. No announcement. X
I have had two losses. With the second loss, I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant and it was much harder to get through than my first loss where people around me knew of the pregnancy. X

I haven't mentioned it to anyone yet but my OH on the other hand has told all his close friends and people that he works with :dohh:

I am just coming up to 12 weeks now. I have told people as I see them, but not made a big announcement. I had a dating scan at about 8 weeks and after seeing baby and strong heart beat, I felt I could mention it to people.

My rule of thumb is tell the people who you would feel comfortable going to for support if anything ever happened. That can be a lot of people or a select few depending on who you are. Sending good vibes for a happy healthy pregnancy!

Thank you all for your replies! :) As of today my hubby (obviously), my mom, and two of my best friends I've known for 25 years know. But I think until I hit the 12 week mark, that might be it. Although, we might still tell DH's father and stepmother.

My hubby chastised me into making sure I don't tell anyone, because like you said, anything could happen! Then low and behold guess who's blabbering there mouth to anyone that will listen? Gosh he's so silly :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->