so i caved in...

emerphire

working on sweet pea #1
Reaction score
the original plan was to "go with the flow" and let things happen naturally. but as i'm researching more about TTCing, i'm finding that i'm learning more about my body and how to improve chances of conceiving. not to mention - and i know that we can't always "plan" a pregnancy - i was hoping to get a BFP this cycle because i'd really like to give birth before I turn 31. so i went and bought a clearblue easy OPK and a basal thermometer. i've also started at fertilityfriend, although I'm still learning how to use it since it all looks so complicated to me at this point. i will also be cross-posting my TTC journal to help me get organized and hopefully get support from you all in my journey to becoming a mommy.

thanks for reading :)

I know charting looks so complicated but its really quite easy!

If you just stick to taking your temp every morning 'before' getting out of bed - taking your temp around the same time each morning where/as much a sposs and just recording it on FF you'll do grand ;) Best way on your first month temping is just to temp and not look into your chart too much until that charting month ends if it should OR you get excited at your red line when it detects ovulation. Just remember it does not detect ovulation straight away it will show ovulation 3 days after its detection.

Join the girls in charting thread - ask questions there as time goes on or make a thread when/if you need help but as the start of my reply suggested just temp, record ... wait :D

Good luck :D

I know charting looks so complicated but its really quite easy!

If you just stick to taking your temp every morning 'before' getting out of bed - taking your temp around the same time each morning where/as much a sposs and just recording it on FF you'll do grand ;) Best way on your first month temping is just to temp and not look into your chart too much until that charting month ends if it should OR you get excited at your red line when it detects ovulation. Just remember it does not detect ovulation straight away it will show ovulation 3 days after its detection.

Join the girls in charting thread - ask questions there as time goes on or make a thread when/if you need help but as the start of my reply suggested just temp, record ... wait :D

thanks wobbles! i started on CD8, so i know i'm a little late into the cycle. will check out the charting thread for more answers. :)

CD 8 should be fine to start on :D

good luck with the charting, at least this way you are increasing the chances of conceiving each month than going au natural (no OPK), remember when you temp increases you have already ovulated you make sure you bd before then (mm, couldn't see the cute little bd smiley)

CD8 is fine to start on, itll get you into the habit of charting and will give you a rough guide to your cycle.

Welcome and Good Luck... Loads of baby dust to you xxx

Welcome to baby & bump and good luck getting your BFP x

Good luck, i may join you soon if i don't concieve in the next couple of months!

welcome hun and good luck, with everything

thanks girls! i just set up my fertility friend chart, in case you'd like to stalk ;)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/emerphire

I have another question along these lines. I was listening to a radio program that had a doctor who was talking about the daily cyclic changes in body temperature (among other things) and that we start to wake up as our body temperature starts to rise...which made me wonder...during the week, it's my alarm clock that jars me awake in the morning, and taking the temp first thing is pretty accurate. But on the weekends, when I just sort of slowly wake up while enjoying lying in bed with DH, is it possible that in that time, the BBT could increase enough to make a reading accurate? Should I set my alarm to take my temp on weekends for the same time I take it on weekdays to get an accurate temp?

Should I set my alarm to take my temp on weekends for the same time I take it on weekdays to get an accurate temp?

I'm off of work this week, but I'm setting the alarm for the time i normally wake up. i have heard that the same time each day is best. check out the chart stalking thread. i am actually reading up on charting since i'm new too ;) good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->