So I had 12 week scan, looks like it's a....

Best of luck Natnee....Not sure how old you are, but I've heard that the NT sonogram can bring back a higher risk (or false positive) us "older" ladies because it so heavily weights your age regardless of how the test looks. For that reason my doc is actually recommending skipping the NT sono test, doing a detailed sono w/o the NT risk analysis, and doing the Harmony test. I'm still deciding.

Harmony has a much higher accuracy rate and a lower false positive rate, particularly if you are older. And even if the risk is even slightly elevated, just to keep in perspective that it is still less than 2%. Fingers crossed for you

Best of luck Natnee....Not sure how old you are, but I've heard that the NT sonogram can bring back a higher risk (or false positive) us "older" ladies because it so heavily weights your age regardless of how the test looks. For that reason my doc is actually recommending skipping the NT sono test, doing a detailed sono w/o the NT risk analysis, and doing the Harmony test. I'm still deciding.

Harmony has a much higher accuracy rate and a lower false positive rate, particularly if you are older. And even if the risk is even slightly elevated, just to keep in perspective that it is still less than 2%. Fingers crossed for you

Yes I'm an olden, I'm 40! Ha ha!

I'm ok, coming down with a cold though. Went to bed about 7 last night but had a restless sleep worrying. Not about the tests but about decorating dd room which I've got to do this week. Only got to paint 2 walls but the the room is still pretty much full of her stuff and furniture which needs moving and now oh, who's at work is being a dick having a go at me for not getting more organised. I wish I'd never said anything now.

Men can be dicks! Hope you're ok, and got some done today. I need to sort out my sons' bedroom as they have completely trashed it, and my youngest has drawn a brown elephant all over his white walls- kids!!!!! So that needs repainting, luckily its only white. xxx

Oh man he's so frustrating at times! It's just my head works overtime sometimes thinking all the things I need to do on a daily basis, what to do for dinners, what washing to go on, what chores to do, looking after animals, school run (well not this week!) plus now sorting her room! He just has to think 'get up' 'get to work' 'get home' 'eat dinner that's been made for him' 'go to sleep' Anyway we (me and dd) have done 1 coat of paint today!

Well done on the painting!

I think sometimes men dont really understand how much we actually worry/stress/contemplate/think about. Sometimes I feel like i carry the weight of the world on my shoulders and i do have days where i crumble... but we're amazing women, and we get up and carry on. Happy Valentines day and hope today was a better day xxx

Just had a call from the hospital and my results are in, has come back low risk, 1:10,000 for downs, Edwards and patau. Such a relief! But no results for gender as they don't check for that as it's done on research basis. Might be able to find out Friday when I have next scan.

Thats good news about your scores:) Do you happen to have your papp-a and beta hcg numbers, sometimes they can give a clue to gender aswell:)

IMG_0225.jpg

Here are the figures, easier than typing all this out!

Thanks for posting them! Well if I am reading it rightly I think your hcg leans girl and your papp-a leans boy:wacko::haha: I will hunt down a clearer explanation of the theory somewhere just to make sure I'm looking at the right part of the figures:)

Free β-hCG;
0.95 MoM for boys
1.09 MoM for girls

PAPP-A;
0.96 MoM for boys
1.02 MoM for girls

Natnee I think the figures we use for you would be the 1.43 hcg and the 0.476 for the papp-a, so little one still has us second guessing everybody:)

Ahh thanks 6lilpigs! He/she sure is being very shy at being found out!! Hopefully find out Friday at my scan. Had a dream the other night I had a girl, but I ha its watched the film 'knocked up' and she had a girl on that, so that probably influenced that!

Congrats on baby :) Your early scans look boy to me apart from the first image there looks to be stacking to me.
Boys clothes can also be cute, I love next and river island :)

Well, had the scan and HE is looking good!!

:happydance: That Penman knows his stuff, enjoy every second of your little man:cloud9: Any sneak peaks of his name maybe??:)

:happydance: That Penman knows his stuff, enjoy every second of your little man:cloud9: Any sneak peaks of his name maybe??:)

Yes he does!! We've got a few names but not decided yet. Dd is adamant she wants to call him Freddie but we're not too keen! Maybe compromise and have it as a middle name. Mind you, it's better than her suggestion when I was pregnant before, she wanted to call the baby Spider-Man, she was only 3 at the time!

YAYAYAY, love Penman so much! Cant wait to find out next week xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->