So i told them

R

rubixcyoob.

So I told my parents last night. They got my letter and when I got home I cried and said I was sorry. They said we aren't mad and will talk about your options in the morning. I stated in the letter I wanted to keep it. This morning they sat me down and basically said they'd rather I didn't keep it. I considered a termination before, and couldn't go through with it. Nothing has changed, I still can't do that. I want my baby.
I guess I'll just have to tell them that.

I just wish they hadn't said that. It makes it harder you know? Howevrer, they did say they'd support me and it was my decision so that's good I suppose.
I will try my hardest to jugle uni and parenthood and will be the best parent I possibly can. Can't they see that? I don't care about not going on holidays with my friend next summer, not going to gigs, not going to festivals. I've got something more precious.

that is good they are leaving it up to you though and they will support you :) if you tell them you want to keep it im sure they will eventually come round to the idea about being grandparents n they will realise that it isnt the worst thing in the world :) xx

There probly just expressing what they feel will be best for you. But at least you have their support through it all :). A girl in my year at school had a child not long after she left and she is now at uni after being at college for 2 years and she seems to be managing great. So it is possible and im sure you will be great. Well done for telling them :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and your parents being accepting of it! Some parents never get used to the idea (like mine) but it seems like most are supportive. How far along are you?

I think it's a harder decision in some ways to have a termination (because of the guilt aspect possibly and because it's something to go out and do whereas keeping the baby seems easier in the short term as you can carry on kind of as you are...) so they might just be making it clear that it is an option for you and one they'd be supportive of you considering. Of course having a baby is immense and I guess there's not much they could say as your parents that didn't make you think they favoured you keeping the baby or favoured you terminating the pregnancy...

Awk I went for a sleep between 1 and half 3 and when I woke up my dad came in and told me he didn't want me ruining my life and one road would do that and one road wouldn't yet he didn't want to pressure me. Can't he see that he is pressuring me? I tried to have an abortion but that didn't happen because I couldn't do it, nothings changed, can't they accept that?

I wish they were like my OHs mum who said she was proud of me for keeping it :(

I was in a similar situation as you, actually. My parents were shoving abortion on me like it was the only way to go, but OH's dad was really supportive. In the end, I miscarried, but I would have kept it.

Hopefully your parents will come 'round :hugs:

i was just 18 when i found out i was pregnant for the 1st time and hadnt been with my bf for long, only a few months so it was a massive shock to all of us.
i knew instinctivly i didnt want to have a termination but was also concerned about what my bf, parents and his parents would say.
my bf was fantastic, he said he would stand by me whatever i chose to do, my parents also said the same, his parents however didnt take it to well, they told us we were too young and should consider a termination, but i didnt even consider it, this was my baby and i wasnt going to get rid of it.
in the end they got used to the idea and by the time the baby was born they were fantastic.
im sure your parents will get used to it too xxx

Hey hope you dont mind me coming over from 2nd Tri
When i found out it was expecting my DD i was only 19 and still at college, my OH was 19 and half way through his 1st year at Uni.
We decided to keep the baby (my family being supportive, his not) and it was the best thing we ever did.
His family now dote on her and spoil her rotten, OH stayed on at Uni and ended up leaving with a very high 2:1 in Psychology and i finished College with an Alevel in Art, Media and Psychology.
I am now a stay at home Mummy expecting my 2nd bubs and OH is going back to Uni to complete a Teaching degree in September.
We are both very proud to be parent and are proof you can still get an education with a baby (or two lol)
I think you are very brave for telling your parents and you shouldn't let them pressure you into anything you are not comfortable with as you will resent the decision, and them, for a very long time to come.
I hope things become easier for you and you manage to achieve everything you want in life. All the best. xx

my mum was totally for me getting an abortion but left it up too me to decide. now shes got used to it its great, believe me they will come round in the end :hugs:
xx

it may just be initial shock hun when you explain to them you want to keep it and later on i think they may you no get used to the fact there gonna b grannies :)

I don't know what they're thinking, they aren't talking about it just now, but atleast with my university accommodation I have a place to go plus the FOB and my OHs mum said that I am part of the family and cant stay if needs be. :)

Taco Turtle, I'm 10 weeks, 11 on Monday :)
Shireena, you're picture is absolutely adorable. Her little foot outline actually made me go "awww"

Hey hunny just want to say congrats on the baby:flower:, how old are you if you dont mind me asking? I was 18 when i fell pregnant and doing my diploma in accountancy, had my wee boy when i was 19 and managed to finish my diploma and graduate. Your life is defo not over having a baby, i am in my final year at uni training to be a nurse and my baby is now at school and i have a very good life, stay in a lovely new build flat and have a brand new car:thumbup: but i feel i wouldnt be in as good a position if it wasnt for my wee boy as i was too much into partying and wasnt turing up to half my classes. But when found out i was preggers i knuckled down as i had someone elses future to provide for. I hope your parents get over the shock soon and support you, glad FOB family are taking it well. Goodluck hunny x x

Lil-wowoo I'm 16 and in my first year at university doing a Law LLB degree. I was like you, not turning up to classes, not doing the work for tutorials and just coasting by. I was having more fun staying up to all hours with the OH and friends drinking and stuff, but now I have a baby to take care of and I want the best possible future for it. Its made me realise that from next semester onwards I'm going to knuckledown and get as high as possible degree I can.
My parent's don't believe I can do that though.
Yet at just 16 I've gotten to university and passed all my scottish highers in one sitting, something neither of them achieved when they were older than me at the time they were in high school. I'm clever and I can d it if I put my mind to it. If they seen that maybe they'd think differently. However, for just now I'm stuck with them being blind and naive about the situation.

Plus I can finish my first year because 40 weeks isn't until mid july for me and I finish university before the start of june, so before I'm even 30+ weeks :/

I might seem like I'm being a moody brat, but I KNOW I can become a lawyer, I know it, I don't have any other choice now that to succeed. Wish they would see it that way is all </3

You will get there sweetie in the end and your parents will soon realise that, they are prob just bit scared that you will pack in uni. But once they see how determined you are and how you are coping they will come round to it. Wow 16 and doing law at uni thats amazing theres not many people out there who could achieve that. Most uni's have funds to help with childcare, so when you go back to uni after the baby you can get him/her into nursery. Your parents just need some time to come round x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->