So, I'm Pregnant (again)

Weenie19

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

So despite fertiliy problems on both sides plus a history of miscarriage AND a less than active sex life (once a month if I'm lucky) I am, miraculously, pregnant with my second child.

We had a terrible time trying to get pregnant with my first so I really wasn't expecting this BUT I am overjoyed.

Due to my previous miscarriages I was terrified during my pregnancy with my daughter that it would happen again. This time I feel nothing but calm.

I'm a little nervous about suffering from the severe morning sickness that plauged me last time until 30 weeks but Ive resolved to seek help before it gets out of hand this time.

I am due, according to online calculators, in August 2014.

Right now I do not have any symptoms except increased hunger and finding it hard to sleep. I am aware the symptoms will kick in in no time.

My Daughter will be 29months old when the new baby arrives.

I am aware I am extremley lucky and I just wanted to share my news - getting to the 12 week point seems to take forever lol

Good luck ladies - baby dust to you all x

Yay congratulations to you! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months x

Congrats and welcome back! I hope this pregnancy is healthy and less eventful than your last as far as sickness and whatnot.

Congrats! I fell pregnant with this little bubs in the first month trying, while it took a bit longer with my first! Best of luck and tons of baby dust for you!

How lovely, just enjoy every minute. Congratulations!

ah congratulations!!! this baby was clearly meant to be!!! xxx

congratulations! maybe we could be buddies? iv also just found out im expecting my second, I had awful sickness with my first up until 25-30 weeks and sadly I have also had a couple of mc (most recent one in march this year at 11 w :( ) so I'm also going to find getting to 12 weeks incredibly slooow! im so scared about the sickness but ready to tackle it head on if it rears its ugly head!

Congratulations!
It's always hard to really enjoy a pregnancy after a MC so I understand you're feeling worried about it.
I'm 16 and a half weeks after two early losses and still haven't enjoyed on bit of this pregnancy yet. ( been full of complications ) but bub is very strong and doing well thank The Lord!
Anyway happy and healthy 9 mths and I hope ur MS doesn't get too bad this time :)

Aww, congrats and much luck to you and your sticky bean! :hugs:

congratulations! maybe we could be buddies? iv also just found out im expecting my second, I had awful sickness with my first up until 25-30 weeks and sadly I have also had a couple of mc (most recent one in march this year at 11 w :( ) so I'm also going to find getting to 12 weeks incredibly slooow! im so scared about the sickness but ready to tackle it head on if it rears its ugly head!

hey Flump1 lets buddy up!

My sickness hasnt started yet - in fact I feel amazing!!

I have however purchased some magnesium oil, B6 and milk thistle as I have heard these are wonder drugs in the war against morning sickness lol
Baby dust to you xx

Congratulations!
It's always hard to really enjoy a pregnancy after a MC so I understand you're feeling worried about it.
I'm 16 and a half weeks after two early losses and still haven't enjoyed on bit of this pregnancy yet. ( been full of complications ) but bub is very strong and doing well thank The Lord!
Anyway happy and healthy 9 mths and I hope ur MS doesn't get too bad this time :)

I remember being huge and pukey and so uncomfortable and everyone saying that preganancy suited me! I though NO! it really doesnt lol

All I wanted was to get to the glowing stage but alas it never arrived. Its awful when complications occour but try to stay positive. Its not going to last forever and mummy amnesia will kick in once you have your bundle :hugs:

how many weeks are you now, im glad you don't feel sick yet! im only just over 4 weeks and have had some nauseous moments already so don't think im going to get off lightly dreading 2 weeks time lol not sure I will enjoy xmas dinner this year. How much b6 are you taking daily? I took it with my son and I definitely remember it helping a bit but I cant remember how many mg I took.

Hey flump1. I think we have the same due date. Around 11th august?

I have been doing my research and so im taking 3/4 things this time. Firstly 50mg B6 3 times a day....a milk thistle table 3 times a day....an epsom salt foot soak daily. I will also be buying yhe magnesium oil spray to use when im hit with a wave of nausea. Apparently all of these things are perfectly safeIin pregnancy and any excess that tje body doesn't need will be passed on your wee. Im also eating bananas which are high in magnesium.I think im going to be quite alone in this pregnancy as my partner isnt exactly supportive at the moment so I cant be sick and look after my little girl xx

yes due around the 11th! I haven't even told my OH yet :s I just cant bring myself to tell him, he found our first lo such an adjustment and just couldn't cope with me being so ill through the pregnancy and kept changing his mind about having another after having the mc back in march, saying that though he still dtd with no protection so who knows what's going on inside his head! I think he would rather not know until the 12 week mark and then if iv made it through that bit he would be happy and excited. do you mind me asking why your partner isn't as supportive?

I think I will go out and grab myself some of those things today as I'm also freaking out about looking after my toddler while being so sick..hope they work for us! are you taking the full pregnancy vitamins I think when I start feeling sick I might just try and take the plain folic acid tabs as those other huge tablets definitely do not help matters!

it still hasn't really sunk in yet I keep having to look at my test to remind myself iam pregnant again lol!

yes due around the 11th! I haven't even told my OH yet :s I just cant bring myself to tell him, he found our first lo such an adjustment and just couldn't cope with me being so ill through the pregnancy and kept changing his mind about having another after having the mc back in march, saying that though he still dtd with no protection so who knows what's going on inside his head! I think he would rather not know until the 12 week mark and then if iv made it through that bit he would be happy and excited. do you mind me asking why your partner isn't as supportive?

I think I will go out and grab myself some of those things today as I'm also freaking out about looking after my toddler while being so sick..hope they work for us! are you taking the full pregnancy vitamins I think when I start feeling sick I might just try and take the plain folic acid tabs as those other huge tablets definitely do not help matters!

it still hasn't really sunk in yet I keep having to look at my test to remind myself iam pregnant again lol!

Hi Hun

Im just taking folic acid this time. Last time I took the lot and Im sure it made me worse. Bless your other half, its so hard for men. They dont know what to do for the best. My OH is unsupportive as he feels it is too soon to have another. He would like to wait until late next year to try for another. I think he'll come round. I saw the doctor today. She said that if I start to feel ill I should try the natural remidies first and if I want some medication I just need to call and she'll write me a presciption! I feel so much better knowing this.

Today I have the MAJOR salt cravings. Ive made a casserole with bacon in just to up the salt content lol.

How are you feeling? My booking in appt with the midwife is 15th Jan x

im sure your OH will come around quickly, men are so funny they don't even have to do all the hard bits we have to go through! im feeling quite good at the moment starving and just bit tired especially in the evenings I could have quite easily gone to bed at 8pm last night!

wow you got your booking in apt booked quickly how exciting, I really need to ring docs and get booked in as I guess over xmas and new year they will be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->