So I'm pregnant... now what do I do?!?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Noodles, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

We got our :bfp: today.

What do we do next?

2. Mommy2Kian

Mommy2Kian Kaden and Sian :)

Well i went and made an appointment with the midwife at my doctors, although she said im way to early to be seeing her yet...at leaste i got my little green pregnancy notes and a dating scan and my next appointment to see her is in may :D goodluck hun xXx

3. MissyMojo

MissyMojo Army Wife, Mam & BFP

go to your drs, who will refer to your midwife,

throw away tampons and opks, change to de-caff coffee/tea or limit your intake of caffeine, start taking folic acid if your not taking it already, other than that put your feet up relax chill out and breathe!! your gonna get reeli tired you may be having morning sickness, make the most of every opportunity to sleep rest and be genrally lazy!!! hahaha

4. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

First off congratulations! :happydance:

You need to call your Dr and either make an appointment with them or make an appointment with your midwife direct. Don't be too disappointed as, as they deal with this everyday, they wont be excited. They may say you're too early and you will have to wait a few weeks to see anyone but at least you'll be booked in.

Booking in should be at about 10 weeks and your first scan should be at about 12 weeks but your Dr/Midwife will let you know what is most common in your area as they are all different.

Good luck hun and well done for catching first month!! :happydance:

5. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

Thanks girls! I shall phone them tomorrow.

We want to have a early scan (8 weeks) we are going to pay for it privately do I need to have seen my doctor before I book that?

6. karentia

karentia pregnant

hey hun congratulations :happydance: u dont need to see dr to book a private scan but they will ask how many weeks u roughly think u are !

7. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

I think seeing your doc when you find out is a good thing. They might have some thoughts about your previous medical history, or some good advice.

My GP arranged the MW appointment for 10 weeks.

Speak to your doc about the private scan, they might be able to help, or give you more info on anything that you might have questions about.

Welcome to the club!! :)