so jealous and feel awful :(

loubear19

Reaction score
My friend has just told me that shes pregnant and keeping the baby and while im over the moon for her I cant help but feel really jealous :( I dont want to be jealous of my friend but her situation is sooo imperfect just now, none of them have a job, they have just moved into a tiny council flat and will now need to move again, they argue and fight all the time, she has no qualifications and her family are mourmons so the news hasnt gone down well at all. It just makes me think that if they can do it then surely I can. anyway was just wondering if anybody else has been jealous of a pregnant friend? I feel awful lol but I know I will benefit by waiting.

Yeah I have . . .
A lot of my friends have babies = [

My friend has just told me that shes pregnant and keeping the baby and while im over the moon for her I cant help but feel really jealous :( I dont want to be jealous of my friend but her situation is sooo imperfect just now, none of them have a job, they have just moved into a tiny council flat and will now need to move again, they argue and fight all the time, she has no qualifications and her family are mourmons so the news hasnt gone down well at all. It just makes me think that if they can do it then surely I can. anyway was just wondering if anybody else has been jealous of a pregnant friend? I feel awful lol but I know I will benefit by waiting.

I can really sympathise with you. Many of my peers have had babies in bad situations (no house, no dad etc) but I have all the right things - A job, somewhere decent to live, my OH etc. It just seems so unfair when they get to create life when we can't. I think many WTT girls feel the same. x

They will cope though, and they will get the help they need.

I know how you feel though!

lol im jealous of my 18 year old sister- shes nearly three years younger than me, and thats WORSE haha!

:hugs: i think we can all relate to this hon, its really hard :hugs: xx

I'm jealous of complete strangers! So I understand how you feel!

^^ im the same! I see pregnant ladies walking down the street and think 'bitch' lol

Nasty I know and I shouldnt be jealous as I have my princess but I still am!

Totally sympathise with you hun xxx

When i was 28, and already in a happy stable relationship my 17 year old cousin got herself pregnant on purpose, with no boyfriend, help, job, or common sense to speak of. I just couldnt help thinking, my god, it should be me having that baby. (And it should have been, if it wasn't for my aunty and uncle no-one would look after the little mite, she goes clubbing and then forgets him downstairs in his buggy and goes to bed :( He is so sweet natured too)

thanks for the replies ladies. Im glad its not just me! the way if decided to look at it is ill get to look after her baby without all the responsibility lolol. I get jealous at ppl in the street too sparky haha im going mad, im only 19 I dont know why its made me so jealous lolol.

oh and princess bump and sparky your daughters are gorgeous!

Wow...I thought I was alone in this one, but great to see I'm not. Totally understand and sympathise! I just found out my next door neighbour is expecting and my hubby can't understand why I'm so upset :hissy:

When you really want something so badly and somebody else has it, jealousy is such a normal emotion. We try not to be, but we're only human!!!

I would try and support your friend though, I know it may seem like her situation isn't great, but she will need her friends and when it comes to your time being pregnant you will need her! I would also try and enjoy the pregnancy with her, think of it as a trial run for yourself and just think, your time will come! You'll have a baby too, maybe not right now but when you do have your baby think how much you will love him or her!

Yup, I can understand this too. I got to the point where I was dreading seeing emails from married friends and aquaintances in case it was a 'we're expecting' email. Of course I'm always thrilled for people when they have good news but it's always a little bit hard when it's something you want for yourself and can't have at the moment.

I think now that DH and I have set a date to start TTC, it won't bother me as much if there are other pregnancy announcements - I'll just be looking forward to it being my turn and be happy for them too.

Hang in there - it will be your turn soon. Plus I like what danapeter36 said about it being a 'trial run'. I'm really hoping I can learn from having friends and siblings go through this before me!

I feel your pain. I dont get that now as my 1st is still so young, but before him I would be so broody it hurt. I was jealous (but happy for them at the same time) when my friends were having babies. Now when they have babies I just feel happiness, tinged with envy.

Our time will come hun. xxxx

gosh, yes, i have quite a few friends who i no for a fact didnt have intercourse before they were married and litterally 4 months or even 3 months in some ppls cases have told ppl there expecting!!!!! basically there first time they got pregnant!!!!!! these women are religious so dont use any contraception! i am SO jealous as ive been married/ttc for one year now :(

manchester I hope your time comes really soon! I read some of the ttc stories on here and its seems so hard with all the heartache that goes with it. Im actually looking forward to my friends baby now and im getting all excited with her :)
anastascia your story made me laugh because I remember when my bf told me he friend was expecting and I completely hated her and went in a mood haha, he didnt get me at all! I didnt get it myself to be honest lol

do you think men can get as broody as women or they just hide it under their macho man exterior?

Oh yes, i totally understand. Alot of our friends are pregnant, including a close friend of mine, who is having some money problems. Almost all of our social circle is either pregnant or has a child. Argh. It can be so frustrating. We can totally afford a baby, we have a nice home, i have my OH and a great supportive family etc etc etc. Its hard when you know you're ready but something is holding you back. But we're all waiting for the right reasons, we could be selfish and just do it, but we're being sensible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->