So lucky in the UK!

bobekah

Reaction score
Here in the United states...the doctors wont check to see the sex of the baby until your about 18 weeks...they are all very hesitatant! AND then with me being pregnant with twins... :( I just got off the phone with a doctors office and they said no way not until 26-30 weeks!!! I told them thats like 4 weeks before I deliver!!!! AHHHH Im so frustrated at the doctors right now!

unless theres a risk of something being wrong and maybe its just my area i live in they wont tell you the sex until 19/20 weeks

Think in the UK its at the 20 week scan that they will let you know the gender of the baby

yeah its 20 weeks here they can tell you the sex :) xxx

It's 20 weeks here, but the scan is to check the health of the baby, not specifically find out the sex.

My hospital won't tell me the sex, I have to pay for a private scan in a different town if I want to know. Every area/hospital is different which I don't think is right, we should all have equal care and opportunities (unless there's a problem obviously).

Here they can't tell you the sex til you have your NHS 20 week scan, or earlier if you pay and go private

what about an elective scan? I have found a basic elective gender scan in my area to cost 75$ although i think it's 20$ more if your having twins but still worth it i think.

I don't know if they are so lucky in the UK though (I'm in the U.S.).

A friend of mine in the UK went for a routine visit, her uterus was so large the doctor told her (at 16 weeks) that she *could* be carrying twins. . .but they won't schedule an ultrasound for another MONTH to confirm it! Unbelievable. So she has to sit it out and wait.

Plus, it's easier to get an early scan in the U.S.

That said, not doing the gender scan around week 20 makes NO sense to me, what is their deal? Are they busy? Can you go get a private 3D scan perhaps? Or are they saying that because it's twins determining the gender would be easier once they are a few weeks bigger?

Sorry hun :(

That is crazy! I'm in the States as well and my friend is pregnant with twins. She had her scan at 19 weeks and we found out the sexes then. I found out with dd at 20 weeks and with both of my boys at 16 weeks. I have to have a scan now at 16 weeks due to having cervical cancer removed twice. But they check the baby over as well and then do the morph at 20 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->