so many annoying pop up ads!

Mushymilkfor2

Tabatha
Reaction score
The title says it all. There's more than one type and they're completely obnoxious. There's already ads all over the site, up down to the right in the middle of posts, why have pop ups? I've noticed a huge decline in users recently and I can't help but think this might be part of the problem. I know if I was a new user signing up I would immediately leave and find another forum to go to.

All the screen shots are of not one but FOUR different type of pop ups I'm getting.

County: USA
Using: desktop version on mobile
Mobile provider: AT&T

Please listen to your users, there's complaint after complaint and yet nothing gets better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-06-10-41-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-06-10-41-24.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2015-11-06-08-26-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-06-08-26-47.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-35-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-05-21-35-38.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2015-11-05-13-07-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-05-13-07-29.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 8
The picture of the baby with the swollen toe makes me physically sick, I think that's one of the worse things on this site.

I keep getting an ALDI one pop up, I can't get rid of it once it's there! SO annoying :grr:

I agree!! This makes me not want to come on here from my phone. I'm constantly clicking on the stupid pop up ads which then brings me to another site all because I'm trying to close them.

Mushymilkfor2 I will pass on your feedback.

Anyway to the point .... could you confirm how frequent the ads pop up? Can you press 'x' or [close]?

The picture of the baby with the swollen toe makes me physically sick, I think that's one of the worse things on this site.
Is this an article shown? Could you PM me with the details ... a screenshot and your feedback please?

Thanks x
I keep getting an ALDI one pop up, I can't get rid of it once it's there! SO annoying :grr:
Could you leave feedback for the aldi pop-up in the thread that has already been opened ... it's 2 different issues and 2 different countries.

Thanks x

Anyway to the point .... could you confirm how frequent the ads pop up? Can you press 'x' or [close]?

Frequent enough to be bothersome, at least every few page clicks. They can be closed out but considering I'm on my phone the "x" is super tiny it's hard to push it exactly.

But if I'm understanding your response correctly you're going to do nothing? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

Ignore post. Sorry another thread is open about my issue.

I've been getting a Nutella ad everytime I log in today! Can't close it because the x is over where my username is and it just wants to zoom. Annoying!

Frequent enough to be bothersome, at least every few page clicks. They can be closed out but considering I'm on my phone the "x" is super tiny it's hard to push it exactly.

But if I'm understanding your response correctly you're going to do nothing? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.
Excuse me?

Please enlighten me where gave you the impression I was going to do nothing? If I was going to do nothing do you think I would even bother my time asking for more information?

Do not talk put words in my mouth lady and I'm not here to be spoken to like crap.

There isn't a single ad problem I haven't had resolved for you guys. Stop talking nonsense just because I ignored your rant. As stated I will pass on your feedback.

Back to the problem which is sometimes difficult due to time differences!

Is anyone else experiencing exactly the same problem/ads (Not UK members please)?

As there were some ad changes in the last 24 hours please confirm the following:

• Are you still experiencing the same problems
  • What are the ads for (company and/or product)

Excuse me?

Please enlighten me where gave you the impression I was going to do nothing? If I was going to do nothing do you think I would even bother my time asking for more information?

Do not talk put words in my mouth lady and I'm not here to be spoken to like crap.

There isn't a single ad problem I haven't had resolved for you guys. Stop talking nonsense just because I ignored your rant. As stated I will pass on your feedback.

I think I was misunderstood as well, I didn't mean for it to come off as a rude question, which is why I said I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding. I initially thought your reply was that you'll pass on my feedback, as in you're going to say no thank you of sorts. That's why I didn't understand, you really have always been good at resolving the ads again I'm sorry for how my response came off, it's definitely not how I intended it to.

As for the ad problems I have been out all day and haven't been able to be on much, but I'll update when I do.

Absolutely not what I meant ... I always put forward your general feedback and at the same time talk to the ad team about removing/slowing down/fixing any annoying ads. If the ads are outside of the UK it can be a bit slower communicating with you is all. I don't have any control/access to the ads, I need to approach the ad team with as much information as possible and they have always been very good resolving.

All I'm finding strange at the moment is there is nobody else really complaining ... usually I get a few screens shots and very clearly unhappy members who can't use the forum to it's full advantage due to ads... for example; the UK aldi ad.

Let me know how you get on!

I've been having the same issue with pop ups on mobile. It seems to be resolved for me too.

I've had several of the same ones I have in my first post. It's not letting me upload pictures right now, I'll try again later and see if I'll be able to then.

I'm getting a nutella last couple of days which I can't close
Uk
Desktop and mobile
Safari
iPhone

Eta- ive used this site since 2008 and Wobbles works bloody hard to keep everything running smoothly! Ive never once seen her 'do nothing'

Xx

I'm still getting the Nutella one too. I took some screenshots but can't seem to upload them.

UK, mobile site, Chrome, Nexus 5.

Would you pop me a screen shot on a new thread 'nutella ad' please hun with those details above, how you are managing to stop the ad and how frequently? I can't get this one to reshow on any of my device atm.

I believe they should be capped to 1 to every 24 hours minimum but on PC/laptops the close feature is viewable and usable so we seem to be having an issue on the hand held devices.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"