So, moms of school age kids....

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
how's your summer going?

I think I've had enough! Yet there are 4 more weeks left. EEEK!

Landon has been out since the very beginning of June and goes back on Aug 25th...I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's driving me up the wall lol, he is so ready to go back too so that's good

I'm not a mom (of big kids), but I have 2 siblings in high school.. and I'd love for them to go back to school so things can feel "normal" again at home - less mess, less noise, less attitude!!

You said it! Less mess, less noise and less attitude!!! :rofl:

I am finding katie aged 9 a great help at the moment

how's your summer going?

4???? your lucky! mine still have 5 and they have had nearly 3 already, this is due to building works going on at the school they have ended up with 7weeks and 4days.

its driving me mad as i cant do much with them as i cant walk far due to the back and abdo pains and i keep ending up in hospital! paint, paper, glue, tubes etc are being used as entertainment!

Oh my goodeness 4/5 weeks left??

Mine have 3 left after this week our hols are from mid July to beginning of Sept (6 weeks) how long do they get in total in US/Canada?

I am so sick of the arguing, I really wish I could drive in the holidays so we weren't just stuck around her, there is nothing to do with them really, there is a nice park about 30 mins walk away but our weather is so dodgy at the minute I don't want to risk it :lol:

Joy of Joys we are going uniformshopping at the weekend, Emilys list is soooo long and Jack only need pumps, shoes, trousers and a coat

soI can easily kiss goodbye to 150 quid!!!

They get all of July and August off here, they go back after Labour Day (the Monday after the first Sunday in September)... and high school kids are off earlier in June due to exams :growlmad:

So last day of regular school for my siblings was like June 19, school resumes September 8 I think*

They get all of July and August off here, they go back after Labour Day (the Monday after the first Sunday in September)... and high school kids are off earlier in June due to exams :growlmad:

So last day of regular school for my siblings was like June 19, school resumes September 8 I think*
Wow that is such a long time

TBH im loving it!

I hate that they start school so young in this country ... my 4 year old starts full time in September too :(

I love having them home with me ... im such a clingy mum tho, they however cant wait to go back, they love it :)

how's your summer going?

4???? your lucky! mine still have 5 and they have had nearly 3 already, this is due to building works going on at the school they have ended up with 7weeks and 4days.

its driving me mad as i cant do much with them as i cant walk far due to the back and abdo pains and i keep ending up in hospital! paint, paper, glue, tubes etc are being used as entertainment!

Ah, hon, no I'm not so lucky. Mine have been out since June 26 and go back Sept. 8th. So, I've already had 6 weeks already and 4 to go. LOL Got you beat. :)

Last day of school was June 26 and September 8th is when they go back.

Going to call the school board and ask them to open earlier this year. :rofl:

were doing ok, callum beening going 2 his 2days aweek and his grandads for another 2day so never see him

All I can say is roll on september lol

I cant wait untill the 7th of sep x
all my kids are doing is fighting with each other xxx

My children only have two more weeks before they go back to school. But I like having them around too, so I would have wished the holidays would have lasted longer. Back to school means back to the routine of school-life and I enjoy holidays more!!!

what 4 years old to first grade? they are finishing school pretty early then o_O- the average age here is 6/7 and earliest is 5 yo. I came to school at 7 yo but was at kindergarten at the suual age(3to 5 /6) and was more unusual in preschool at 5 xD.
btw here there is always a local programme for children to go anywhere in museums swimming pools etc for a low amount of money as well as lots of free festivities and what not in the summer holidays

Roll On September!!!

The moaning & arguing is getting to me now....
Luckily my mum & dad are saints O:)

They just got a new home in Cornwall, and they coming to pick my boys up on Thursday to stay with them til 5th September!! :happydance:
They go back 7th September :thumbup:
So i'm only left with my lil girl and Theo...:cloud9:

what 4 years old to first grade? they are finishing school pretty early then o_O- the average age here is 6/7 and earliest is 5 yo. I came to school at 7 yo but was at kindergarten at the suual age(3to 5 /6) and was more unusual in preschool at 5 xD.
btw here there is always a local programme for children to go anywhere in museums swimming pools etc for a low amount of money as well as lots of free festivities and what not in the summer holidays

Yes, that used to be the same here; to the first grade at 6. But it all changed and now kindergarten is put together with primary school, so here first grade is for 4 year old children. It is 8 years (till 12) and then to high school.

My daughter starts highschool on Aug 31st. I am completely done with summer. Definitely want to get back to a routine -- and not have the constant nagging to go to the mall, hang out at the beach, be with friends etc. Enough already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->