So scared about being huge again!

angelbump

Reaction score
I already have a beautiful boy but whilst pregnant i got so big. Not only did i gain 4 and half stone but he was also a big boy anyway weighing nearly 10lb. This led me to have awful SPD and could barely move at the end.
I am already looking about 16 weeks pregnant and at nearly 12 weeks I'm crapping my pants about getting so big again and not being able to look after my little boy properly.
I'm exercising more regularly now and trying to watch what i eat..within reason i did indulge alot over xmas.
I just need some reassurance that this bloat belly isnt going to just get bigger from here on out and that everything will be normal?
I know you tend to be bigger with your second but I'll do everything in my power to avoid that!
Thankyou in advance...please feel free tp share your 12 weeks bloat bump pics :) ill try and post mine soon x

Hi my lovely, so are you aware you can do slimming world whilst pregnant aslong as your midwife signs to say you can? I have already put on 5 pounds in this pregnancy and want to avoid putting on much more if I can help it! so on Wednesday I shall be going back to my local group! I’ve also been searching for pregnancy fitness classes as I think that’ll help. I suffered terribly with my other two pregnancies with sciatica and I can feel the sciatica coming along already with this one! I think it’s safe to say don’t freak out at yourself for over indulging at Christmas as that’s what we all doing being human! I’ll attach my 11 week bump pic I too am huge already! And get comments all the time. But don’t give yourself a hard time remember your growing a human 💛

Attachments

• 3EFB79B6-88C9-469E-8AD7-E0FFB1BDCA3C.jpg
    3EFB79B6-88C9-469E-8AD7-E0FFB1BDCA3C.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 23
I had the same issue with my first pregnancy. With DS1 I gained a total of about 70lbs and he was 9.6 lbs at birth. I also had SPD and it made it so hard to move around. I talked to my doctor about it and besides one 2 weeks span of a 6lb gain (due to swelling) I have managed to only gain around 30lbs this time. I am being induced in 4 days so I won't be getting much bigger but I look like I am already 40+ weeks as I have such a short torso.

I did the same as you. Eat a little better and move around more. I went for walks with DS1 every other day and took it easy when my SPD flared up. I think this helped as well as chasing around a toddler all day. I honestly could have gained less but these last few months I have gotten a little lazy but I will take 30lbs over 70lbs any day!

Aww lovely bump! Thanks for replying i have done slimming world and know the rules and stuff and am doing it from home but i seem to just be piling on the pounds and I'm not sure why now that im eating better?
I am going swimming twice a week and doing a long walk another day too. I just dont want to get as big as last time and hope this bump slows down and levels out a bit in second tri x

Aww lovely bump! Thanks for replying i have done slimming world and know the rules and stuff and am doing it from home but i seem to just be piling on the pounds and I'm not sure why now that im eating better?
I am going swimming twice a week and doing a long walk another day too. I just dont want to get as big as last time and hope this bump slows down and levels out a bit in second tri x

Bare in mind a lot of it can be water at this stage too xxx

I had the same issue with my first pregnancy. With DS1 I gained a total of about 70lbs and he was 9.6 lbs at birth. I also had SPD and it made it so hard to move around. I talked to my doctor about it and besides one 2 weeks span of a 6lb gain (due to swelling) I have managed to only gain around 30lbs this time. I am being induced in 4 days so I won't be getting much bigger but I look like I am already 40+ weeks as I have such a short torso.

I did the same as you. Eat a little better and move around more. I went for walks with DS1 every other day and took it easy when my SPD flared up. I think this helped as well as chasing around a toddler all day. I honestly could have gained less but these last few months I have gotten a little lazy but I will take 30lbs over 70lbs any day!

Thankyou for replying, I'm really trying to be good this time round. I was already in the midset before i got pregnant that after xmas was clean eating time and i have been quite good with the odd treat here and there. I know this time i deffo dont need to eat for two!

I've put on a stone already but then i did indulge over xmas. My weight has stayed the same now for 2 weeks so havent gained anymore and with the exercise im keeping it where it is!
Just terrified of being this huge unit that cant do anything for herself! I hate this beginning bit where its like is she fat or pregnant lol :haha:

I've had this issue with all my pregnancies. I gained an ungodly amount of weight with each baby. I didn't have 10 pounders, but then again I never went to my due date either. All my babies were large for gestational age so who knows how big they would have been if I had, especially with my boys. I gained 57 lbs. with #1, 52 lbs. with #2, 65 lbs. with #3 (whom I actually exercised the most with) and so much I lost count with baby #4 :oops:

I've stressed over my diet each time. Even tried to limit calories, which sounds ironic when you're pregnant, and only ended up making myself feel worse. In the end, I decided that I would eat as healthy as I can to avoid gestational diabetes, exercise as much as I can and whatever weight I don't drop after giving birth I will work on a few months after my body heals from pregnancy. I try not to stress much about weight anymore. I'm now pregnant with baby #5 and have already gained 15 lbs not surprisingly. If you're really worried about having another large baby, you can always ask your doctor about possibly inducing your labour a couple weeks early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->