So so so tired, but yet unable to sleep

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by CallieBert, Apr 19, 2009.

1. CallieBert

CallieBert Mummy to Braden

Okay so I knooow that I'm gonna be more tired these days. But doesn't that mean that i'll nod off as soon as my head hits the pillow

I am extremely tired, but for some reason I am not able to get myself to sleep. I want to so bad, but my body just wont turn off..... I didnt sleep at all last night or the night before, and I feel so run down. The last week really has been shakey on sleeping

Has anyone else got this problem? Any advice on what could help?

:hug:

2. Suze

Suze Mummy to Ava & Oscar

Hi hun,

Yes I'm having the same problem. I'm going to bed really tired often after a relaxing bath too but just can't get to sleep. I seem to have slightly restless legs and then when I do fall asleep I wake at about 6am and have difficulty getting back off again. It's a nightmare isn't it?! I hope someone comes along with a miracle cure :rofl:

3. CallieBert

It is a nightmare.... And the fact that at the moment i'm sleeping on a single bed (as we have recently moved and my room isnt finished so i'm in one of the spare rooms) doesnt help! Lol. I see your due date is quite near to mine :D, it must be our bodies preparing us for no sleep when they come :p :rofl:

4. Suze

Suze Mummy to Ava & Oscar

Yeah I was wondering if I'll look back on this and wish for sleep like I'm having at the moment! I think it's my baby kicking at 6am at the moment that's waking me, a possible sign he/she will be an early riser! I also sleep better when my DP has got out of bed, I think because I think I'm waking him when I'm restless. Must be a bit of a pain sleeping in a single bed though too! :hugs:

5. june09

june09 Mummy to Mia

I have been having the same problem, it's a nightmare. I feel so so tired and then get into bed and I just cannot get to sleep and lay there awake for ages until i get so annoyed i get back up again. Hoping its something that will pass soon lol.

6. dannydustcart

dannydustcart Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. I am very tired and very short tempered but cant sleep.
    Keep telling my self its preparation for teh sleepless nights that are ehading my way after babies arrived.

I try to nap during the afternoons but its not easy with a 4 year old around.

7. 2bmum

2bmum Me, my lil man + WTT 2011

I'm just the same, have been for weeks now. Feel physically tired but unable to sleep. Just toss and turn all night, then when morning comes I could fall asleep.

8. CallieBert

Glad I'm not the only one! :)

9. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

Think its quite common in the 3rd tri hun, its around your stage i got really pissed off and invested in some good pillows! I brought a great one from Argos cost around £20 here you go
    https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0986753/Trail/searchtext>PILLOW.htm
    best £20 ive ever spent! its not a maternity one its called a body pillow, defo worth thinking about as when you get even bigger its even harder! xxx

10. cooney

cooney Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to start getting restless.

11. Tammi

Tammi New Mommy

Same here and if I decide to nap in the afternoon there is ALWAYS someone that phones me awake :cry: