So upset

iwanababybump

Mum to Jamie- due inApril
Reaction score
Last night I used my OH I phone to text my mum and he had left his text messages on the screen

The text was to his friend and he wAs telling him that I had baby blues?????:shrug: didn't realise I did

I confronted hook and he said he had used that as An excuse as this friend was pesterin him to go out, he couldn't stop apologising but now I can't help thinking about it and the fact that this friend now thinks I'm not coping when. I clearly think I am :cry: sorry just needed to tell someone

Men can be so thoughtless sometimes. :nope:

What a numpty! He'd best be textile that friend again in a few days saying what a bloody marvellous job you're doing to set the record straight!!

I don't think baby blues mean you're not coping. Everyone has baby blues at some point, and we all get through it. I think it's rude to insinuate people who have baby blues or are suffering from PND cannot cope :(

Your OH was thoughtless in using it as an excuse, but let's be honest, men rarely engage their brain before they speak.

I agree with the other ladies...sometimes men can say things without realising! my OH has said plenty of things to whilst i was pregnant and since LO was born...

I think its unfair to use that as an excuse :-(

On the plus side I think it's lovely that your OH didn't want to go out with his mate and preferred to stay home with you and LO :thumbup:

Yes, he should have just come out and said that, rather than making an excuse that doesn't exist ... but at least he didn't just go out :hugs::hugs:

I can understand where your husband is coming from my husband has a mate that just won't take no as an answer. He is single and has known my husband since they were kids and I think sometimes he forgets their not kids anymore and that my husband has a family he would rather spend time with.
My husband has trouble simply saying no he doesn't want to see him without an excuse so he often says I have a headache and need him to stay home, or sometimes simply that I have said no he can't go out. Although I know his mate and we get on I don't really give a flying f$%# what he thinks of me as he's not my friend.
Be happy that your husband wanted to spend the time with you. He has apologised that the lie he told hurt your feelings but it really sounds like he didn't mean to.
Also baby blues isn't Pnd and doesn't mean you aren't coping (not that pnd does) we all get baby blues as babies are hard work so there's nothing to be ashamed of if a friend thinks you need help from yor partner, that's what he's there for.

I don't think baby blues mean you're not coping. Everyone has baby blues at some point, and we all get through it. I think it's rude to insinuate people who have baby blues or are suffering from PND cannot cope :(

Your OH was thoughtless in using it as an excuse, but let's be honest, men rarely engage their brain before they speak.

Sorry didnt mean to b rude wasn't really thinking when I typed it didn't mean to offend anyone I just meant the wAy the text was put across was as if I wasn't coping well sorry

Sorry didnt mean to b rude wasn't really thinking when I typed it didn't mean to offend anyone I just meant the wAy the text was put across was as if I wasn't coping well sorry

Oh hun I'm sorry :hugs: I didn't mean to upset you further. If you're OH implied you weren't coping then that's just bloody wrong - he needs to make sure he let's his mate know you're coping really well. I'd be fuming if DH said that to one of his friends :growlmad:

I'm sorry hun I was too blunt and/or didn't read your OP correctly :hugs:

Xxx

I agree that its a crap excuse to use - I think this would have annoyed and upset me too, especially in the early days. As payback your oh definately needs to let his friend and others know what an utterly splendid job you are doing. Either that, or to buy you something pretty x

Hi ladies Thanku for your replies he has come home with a massive bunch of flowers and a card explaining that he was stupid and thinks I'm doing an amazing job :D

Louppey it's ok u didn't upset me more just didn't want ppl to think I was small minded when it comes to PND :D

You girls on here are great at making me feel better so Thankyou

Men!! My OH has often used my PND as an excuse for not having do things (usually work wise). It really pisses me off. I'm not a playing card to be pulled out and used when wanted ffs.

I'm glad your OH realised how much this upset you and apologised in a really lovely way. Men can be thoughtless sometimes, my OH told his friend that I like to drink coke and that I am addicted to it; because his friend was moaning about his wife and OH wanted to join in and thats all he could think of-which is flattering I suppose! The truth is I have 1-2 cans a day and sometimes go for long stretches without drinking any coke or fizzy drinks but atm it does help to keep me awake. He meant it in a lighthearted way but his friend (who is well known to be a big mouth and likes to chat about people) has gone and told his wife that I only ever drink coke and my OH is really worried about my 'serious addiction' talking like I am addicted to booze or drugs or something, I only met his wife for the first time the other day and she bought coke from the shop especially and started telling me how bad coke is for your health if its all you ever drink. So needless to say I had words with OH xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->