So what is your story

Hi - I had my daughter when I was 36 having luckily fallen pregnant on the first cycle.. I am due my second in November when I will be 38, having fallen pregnant on my second cycle this time ( I am going to stop worrying now that it takes a minimum of 15 months or whatever to fall pregnant if you are over 35 - clearly not always the case!!)

Feeling a bit more knackered this time around as I have a 13 month old to run around after now! Love being a mummy and I dont think I would have enjoyed it as much or coped as well if I had been younger! xx

Hi everyone!

I am only 34, but will be 35 when baby arrives.

This is our 2nd baby - due 18th November.

Our daughter, Anna, is 16 months.

We have been lucky to conceive both times on 2nd month of trying.

We would like to have 3 children so we will see how the next year or so goes!!:flower:

Hi

I'm 40 and 12w pregnant. This is my fourth pregnancy. The first ended in miscarriage at 8w3d in 1995, the second my DS who is now 14, and the third in miscarriage at 10w3d after contracting swine flu last December.

All my pregnancies have been planned and I've been lucky enough to fall pregnant within 3 months of trying each time. The third pregnancy happened as soon as I had the mirena coil removed after almost 14 years of being a coil user. The doctor reckons we're super fertile!!

I'm so glad the mods have given us this forum. It wasn't that long ago I asked for it (https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-h...-mods-can-we-have-forum-over-35-pregnant.html) and it has been so encouraging to see how many ladies wanted it.

Good luck with your pregnancies and looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Pip x

I am 35 and 11 weeks pregnant with twins.

I have a 13 year old son and an 8 year old daughter.

Yes that game scarred me never mind them :haha: Don't think we can be that bad again. You coming up saturday? x[/QUOTE]

Sadly not, we are away at center parcs for the weekend, will be watching over the tinternet though:)
:winkwink:

ps re your scan nervousness, I miscarried last year at 11wks 5 days, the sonographer was fab when I went for my scan down here. But I bet the Vic will be great with you.!:hugs:

Hello! I'm 38 and will be 39 when baby number 2 is due in December. DS is 19 months old now and has no idea he's going to be a big brother!!

OH and I have been together for 6 years. I thought I was getting too old to start a family and had accepted the idea of never having children. In my head it just meant I could have nice holidays instead!! Changed my mind a bit since then though!

Neither pregnancy was planned and DS arrived despite contraception and the morning after pill! This time, we didn't use anything and it must just have been the lucky day!

So pleased that we've got our own forum now. Thank you!!!

ps re your scan nervousness, I miscarried last year at 11wks 5 days, the sonographer was fab when I went for my scan down here. But I bet the Vic will be great with you.!:hugs:

Thank you x x I dont even have the date for it yet,but im coming up for 11 weeks and only see my midwife for the 1st time on thursday,so cant see it being far off. Little nervous as ive had stomach cramps,nothing major just like period pains....but its that long since ive done this i cant remember if thats normal!!

I'm 35 (36 in july), has a mmc 2 years ago...was always told that my fertility could be affected as I had high dose chemo 11 years ago so that pregnancy was a surprise but unfortunately I found out i'd mmc'd at 7 weeks. Last year I had fertility tests done as my doctor thought i was going through the menopause which is a poss side effet from the treatment i had.....fertility tests showed that I would need an egg donor as I wasn't producing enough eggs and i wouldn't be able to have ivf. Obviously i was devasted as i always thought at least ivf COULD an option. I had 2 counselling sessions after i'd got my head round the whole thing then a week after the 2nd one i found out i was 5 weeks pregnant :) our little miracle baby. So so happy and this has been a brilliant pregnancy!!!
Miracles certainly do happen!!!!

42 next week...2 kids,youngest 10...now 12 weeks...why? Newly married for 2 yrs and want to crown the beautiful marriage with a child!

i met my husband when he was 22 and i was 29. we waited until he graduated law school before getting married. i am now 35 and he is 28. we ttc for two months and are now expecting our first child november 7th!

hi everyone :D

I'm 37 and expecting our second baby in October; our first, Adam, is almost 21 months old now, I was 35 when he was born. been with my husband for 4.5 years, we got married last March when Adam was 7 months old. we have been really lucky and don't seem to have any fertility issues, it took 4 cycles to conceive our son and 2 for this one, which I was amazed by since I am a naturally very pessimistic person and was certain my age (husband is a year younger) was going to be a problem and we'd never be so fortunate once never mind twice.

we were thrilled I got pregnant so quickly this time and hoping all goes well, but I am still very cautious (17 weeks tomorrow). it feels like it's going so slowly but also faster than last time, having a toddler to chase after makes the days go past quickly! thankfully he is great at taking naps most days so I have been able to rest a fair amount.

I LOVE being a mummy, for sure it's the best thing I have ever done, and while sometimes I wish I was 10 years younger (when I wish we were in the market for more kids and wish we had the luxury of time) I know that 10 years ago I'd never have been the sort of mother I like to think I am now. I was pretty unstable back then, a lot changed once I got past 30, I grew up a huge amount. I sometimes worry about being the oldest mum at the school gate but I actually know, in real life as well as online, loads of women who've had their first babies at 35+, so realistically I might be one of the oldest, but I won't be the only one not in her 20s or 30s. :lol:

Hi everyone!

I'm 37 and pregnant with my 5th baby after an 8 1/2 year gap...I must be mad!! My other children are a boy age 17 and girls aged 13, 10 and 8. And no 5 is also a girl!

Great to have a board for us 'oldies'!

Hi Everyone,

I'm 36 and pregnant with my first - will be 37 when he or she arrives in early October! I think my age sort of crept up on me, and it was only when I hit 35 that I started to realize that the clock was ticking. I guess I always think of myself as younger than I am, haha! We got lucky within a few months of trying, and so far everything has gone smoothly. Gender scan tomorrow, and I'm feeling nervous!

Anyway, we're very happy about the pregnancy, and my husband is really looking forward to being a Dad. My only concern is that I will love being a mother so much that I will have regrets that I didn't do it sooner!

Hello ladies and Congrats to all on your pregnancies!!! What a great thread!
I just turned 38 and as a birthday present I found out I was BFP. I have been trying since mid-2009 but was just coming off of my 2nd miscarriage and got pregnant (slightly unplanned) before AF arrived. So I'm not 100% sure how mar along I am. Anyway I am very happy to be pregnant just a little more cautious this time after 2 MC. My first appointment is this Thursday so I hope everything will be OK.

Hi Ladies!

I'm 38 at the mo but will be 39 when this baby arrives, all going well. We have another DD, who's 8, we wanted to be back here in NZ before we had another but it took us 7 years to finish the house renovation we were doing to try to get the cash together to get back here, thus the age gap. We were NTNP for a good couple of years but no concerted effort, and not a lot of action due to the renovations tbh! I did think I had probably left it too late so was delighted to conceive on my 3rd cycle being armed with great information gleaned through the ladies on this forum and paying attention to my body & trying properly. We are both delighted but I'm dying to get past this horrid sicky bit! I shouldn't moan though, I'm very lucky. :cloud9:

Glad to have this forum, nice to meet all of you, looking forward to sharing our journeys together xxx :happydance:

This baby is the first grandchild on both sides of the family and we are all thrilled :)

Same here both sets of grandparents are very excited. My dad bought a wooden toy scooter with a shape sorter in the seat at the weekend, the baby won't be able to use it until around 8 months at least. He also bought a car seat for their van already and then told me they are buying us the pram. Don;t you just love parents.

Oh, that's so sweet!

I had my first one fairly young and raised her alone. I pretty much thought that she was going to be an only child. She will be 22 in June.

Five and a half years ago, I met my OH. He is seven years younger than I with no children. Somehow, I didn't mind the idea of having more children with him. I moved across the country in late 2007, a week after my 39th birthday. About six weeks to the day after I arrived, I conceived our little girl. This is our lucky one, with the triple eight birth date. She will be 3 in August.

I didn't really want her to grow up alone and her sister had several nearby cousins in the same age range. We caught right away in early January 2010. Mid-February saw that one go away. It hadn't really felt right so it wasn't a big surprise. This last January, I was certain I was going to get AF any day so when I finally tested it was 35 days or five weeks.

This is our late December present and due just days before my 43rd.

We are waiting until birth to find out the gender and this pregnancy has been a lot different from the other two. Unfortunately, I have also started having problems with this one so the second half is going to be a lot less active and more cautious than the first half. It will be worth it if I can keep the little one from being early. Otherwise, everything looks good for a healthy baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->