So what is your story

Hi everyone! I'm 35, DH is 46. We've been married for 4 years, but until last year I was in graduate school and didn't want to start the family until I had my degree in hand. We started trying when I was 34, got pregnant the first month, then miscarried. I've had another very early miscarriage, but this one seems to be sticking around. Hubby is so excited to be a father; I think he was worried he'd never be able to, and he'll make such a great daddy.

Hi all,

So happy to have found this thread. I'm 10 weeks along and just turned 38 two days ago. This pregnancy is a happy accident. I never thought I could have children (just a gut feeling I always had) so this is very exciting.

I feel so normal, it's erie. No sickness, smells don't bother me, not overly hungry. Just a bit of a growing belly and my breasts are sore. My first scan showed a wiggly little gummy bear so that reassured me. But I still have such feelings of dread. Does anyone obsess over possible genetic issues care of our "advanced maternal age" as the Dr. calls it? Considering I'm not sick, I really should be enjoying this. It's the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. But I swear, if I had some sort of nausea, fatigue, etc., maybe I'd feel "normal" and assume all is well with the baby.

Has anyone else had any of these thoughts or feelings?

Best to you all,

-e

Attachments

• 050411mommy.jpg
    050411mommy.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2
I am 35 and pregnant with our first. Lost one in a MMC in January of thsi year. Din't take me long to conceive thankfully. Even though I have PCOS, I have kep my weight in the normal range and eat healthy and this has helped me ovulate regularly. I hope this little one I am carrying now sticks with us!

Hi all, I'm 39 & Dh is 48, we've been together for 20 years & married for 5, we started trying early 2009 & have had 2 mcs so far, 1st at 9+4 in June last year, the day after we we're told there was no hb, & 2nd at 7+4 in January. We've had loads of tests & all normal apart from I have a slight clotting issue, which I've been told is not bad enough to have caused my mcs but I'm taking aspirin just in case. I'm being well looked after by my local EPU & have my 1st scan booked for Monday when I'll be 6+6, I then have another at 10 weeks & the usual one at 12 weeks

hamster10 - I too feel normal, I've had a couple of episodes of nausea & my boobies are sore but nothing much, I don't have any bloating or constipation, which I had with my other pregnancies. I don't feel pregnant and am beginning to wish I had ms or some other horrible pregnancy symptom :haha: As for the dread, not a day goes by when I don't think of what could happen, I've lost count of the times I've rushed to the toilet because I thought I'd started bleeding, only to find nothing thankfully.

I'm trying to stay positive but it's really hard some days, just hoping that Monday brings me good news so that I can hopefully stop worrying so much.

:hugs: to all

Thanks Lynnb. Isn't it crazy to wish for the sick? I'm sure we are nuts! But it's nice to hear from you, as I/we are not telling anyone about this for at least a few more weeks, not even my mother!

Are you (or anyone reading this actually) considering Amnio or CVS to rule out what I fear the most?

Thanks and best,

-e

hamster10 - I have discussed Amnio & CVS with DH & we both agree that we'd rather not, it seems to much of a risk after 2 mcs & we're sure we can cope with a child with a disability. We're just having the blood tests & anomoly scans.

Although saying that if we'd never mc then I'd probably have opted for CVS

Are you going to have either?

hamster - congrats! I, too, have very few symptoms at 7 weeks. I have gotten sick twice, and my boobs are tender, but not unbearably sore. When I was pregnant with my son, I never got sick or naseous. We didn't do any of the tests for our son and we are not going to do them again. Wheather the baby has issues or not, we will still give birth and raise and love it. One of my friends had the test and got a false positive. She had to do amnio and wait to weeks for a more accurate result. Fortunately everything was fine. Those 2 weeks were horrible for her and her husband. It is a personal decision that only you can make.

Hello everyone! So happy we have this board now and it was a pleasure reading all of your stories in this thread!

I am currently 36 years old (will be 37 when baby is born), my DH is 37 and our first is due October 26, 2011. We have been married for 15 years as of this June. Did not start trying until a couple of years ago, and have suffered one loss in September 2010 at 8 weeks :cry:.

I am being monitored a bit more closely due to my age and High Blood Pressure. Have already had a couple issues crop up (an SCH which has since resolved and early onset GD which is being controlled with insulin and diet/exercise). I never in a million years thought we would wait this long to have children, but we wanted to be sure we were prepared for a little one in our lives, I am so excited to be pregnant! :flower:

Hi I'm 38 my husband is 40. We lost our first baby to Anencephaly at 12 weeks in Sept. We tried 3 years to get pregnant. I was even on colmid for 16 months. When we decided to try again I was waiting to start AF so I could start taking colmid again AF didn't come so I took a test and here we are pregnant again. I'm going on 16 weeks tomorrow. We are excied and scared at the same time. We are doing alot of praying that this one will make it. Everything looks good so far.

I'm 40 and due in 4 weeks with second, my daughter is 14.
Met my OH 3 years ago and he had no children and was desperate for one of his own so decided we would try and see what happened, took us a year and half but we got there! Still need to pinch myself at times as I didn't think it would happen.

Hi all I'm 35, will be 36 by the time junior arrives, God willing. Dated my DH when I was 16 and he was 19, split up (too young) and fast forward 18 years and we got back together, engaged 6 months after that, married 8 months later and number 1 (for both of us) was concieved on our 4th cycle of trying.

So here we are with our first little pea, hoping all goes well. I've had heartburn, nausea, physical throwing up and exhaustion. Just need to find a way to control this MS now!

Looking forward to this journey and seeing how everyone else gets on!

Hi all, I love this thread! Im 41 years old, married my first husband at 31 ad spent 7 horrible years full of misery and abuse...finally an I had the chance to leave him and moved to Mexico 3 years ago to take care of a family member..and met the love of my life! we lost a baby, my first pregnancy last july, we were devasted but we got married last saturday and I am now 7 months pregnant with our little boy!!! woohoo! after thinking it was all over for us in that department we are overjoyed...and our baby has a wonderful new Mexican family who are besides themselves with excitement! happy days....

Hi, i'm 36 and have 4 sons aged 17,13,10 and 7.

This one was a very unexpected surprise(on the pill) but we are happy and certainly have room for one more!

This is my 7th pregnancy,had a m/c at 7 weeks 8 years ago,and again at 11wks 4d a few years ago which was horrendous.went for my 12 week scan to find baby had no heartbeat :cry:

Have my 1st midwife appointment on thursday,when i'll be booked for 12 week scan.....and im nervous as hell!

Im booking in on thursday too :)

Hi - I had my daughter when I was 36 having luckily fallen pregnant on the first cycle.. I am due my second in November when I will be 38, having fallen pregnant on my second cycle this time ( I am going to stop worrying now that it takes a minimum of 15 months or whatever to fall pregnant if you are over 35 - clearly not always the case!!)

Feeling a bit more knackered this time around as I have a 13 month old to run around after now! Love being a mummy and I dont think I would have enjoyed it as much or coped as well if I had been younger! xx

I was exactly the same as you Emma,i got pregnant 1st try with Phoebe when i was 25 though,and pregnant with Millie 1st try. This time round at the grand old age of 36 i got pregnant in the 2nd month......not bad for us old uns ey? :)

Hello! I'm 38 and will be 39 when baby number 2 is due in December. DS is 19 months old now and has no idea he's going to be a big brother!!

OH and I have been together for 6 years. I thought I was getting too old to start a family and had accepted the idea of never having children. In my head it just meant I could have nice holidays instead!! Changed my mind a bit since then though!

Neither pregnancy was planned and DS arrived despite contraception and the morning after pill! This time, we didn't use anything and it must just have been the lucky day!

So pleased that we've got our own forum now. Thank you!!!

Im due in December too,have you joined the December Snowflakes?

Hi all, (esp OKmomma and Lynnb)

Scheduled for the NT scan and blood work next week (at just over 11 weeks) and if that's inconclusive, or leans toward there being a "problem" then will try to get in for a CVS, but where I live, it's hard to get in since the time window is small and there is only one location that serves a large population. If I have to wait for amnio (15+ wks) it will be sheer agony. I WISH I could just sit back and take what fate hands me with a smile.

I have tremendous guilt about this. As I explained, this is a happy accident. In all honestly, this will be the one and only time so want it to be "perfect." That being said, perfect can be defined in a billion ways and having a baby with disabilities could be the blessing I've never dreamed of, but was meant for... ya know? But if this is the one and only shot, I wish for "normalcy." I completely understand that this will bring harsh judgement by some, but I'm just being honest. And I cannot bring myself to voice this to anyone except my wonderful partner. While he's in agreement, the decisions to be made based on test results will never weigh on him like they will on me.

I welcome any/all feedback... even if you choose to condemn! I'm just in such limbo right now, but also blissful.

Best,
-e

hamster10 - No one on here should condem you. I think we're all hoping for healthy babies with no disabilities & I know that if you have to make a decision in the future it will be the best one for you & that's not something you should feel guilty about, but I'm hoping that you don't have to make that decision at all.

:hugs: to all

This one was a very unexpected surprise(on the pill) but we are happy and certainly have room for one more!

This is my 7th pregnancy,had a m/c at 7 weeks 8 years ago,and again at 11wks 4d a few years ago which was horrendous.went for my 12 week scan to find baby had no heartbeat :cry:

Have my 1st midwife appointment on thursday,when i'll be booked for 12 week scan.....and im nervous as hell!

Hope yours has gone better than mine!! x x

Hello! I'm 38 and will be 39 when baby number 2 is due in December. DS is 19 months old now and has no idea he's going to be a big brother!!

OH and I have been together for 6 years. I thought I was getting too old to start a family and had accepted the idea of never having children. In my head it just meant I could have nice holidays instead!! Changed my mind a bit since then though!

Neither pregnancy was planned and DS arrived despite contraception and the morning after pill! This time, we didn't use anything and it must just have been the lucky day!

So pleased that we've got our own forum now. Thank you!!!

Im due in December too,have you joined the December Snowflakes?

Hi Dinnerlady, no I haven't but will look for it right now!! Thanks for letting me know about it. x

Hope yours has gone better than mine!! x x

Whats happened hun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back