So what is your story

hippylittlej

Mummy to a little girl.
Reaction score
I waited until I was 36 to start trying. We had one miscarriage along the way and finally got pregnant again in January. I turned 38 in April and baby is due October 28th.

This will be our first and we are very excited about it.

I am 35 and will turn 36 at the beginning of June - less than a month now!

I have a little boy called Oliver - 2 1/2 and a very busy chappy! I am 25 weeks pregnant with my second. Oliver was very much planned, But the next is a very welcome, but very big shock! Hubby didn't want anymore, but I did, so it's taken a while to come to terms with for both of us. But here we are, happy and healthy and ready to bring it on!

We have been together 10 years this year. The first 3 1/2 years were spent living 250 miles apart. He is a little younger than me, hence our late start in life (or mine at least ;-) )

So that's my little family in a nutshell :cloud9:

XKatX You are going to be very busy when number 2 comes along. How do you think Oliver will be? We have children at work who are great with siblings and one or two who are terrible with them.

We've been married just over a year and a half. We started ttc in May of 2010, but my cycles are so all over the place that in the past 10 months I've only had 6 cycles. 4 of them were pretty normal, thanks to Clomid. Of those 4 Clomid cycles, the first 3 were at 50mgs before getting bumped up and having success at 100mgs.

This baby is the first grandchild on both sides of the family and we are all thrilled :)

XKatX You are going to be very busy when number 2 comes along. How do you think Oliver will be? We have children at work who are great with siblings and one or two who are terrible with them.

I'm hoping he'll be ok! He loves babies and is so gentle with them. We've already started telling him about it and I think he's starting to get a little excited. Especially when I put the cot up yesterday! I suppose we just have to take every day as a new step.

Nice stories.

I'm with my childhood sweetheart, he was my first love at 18, then we went our separate ways and met up for a cuppa 3 years ago and it was like we've never been apart.

Been trying a couple of years, but I have PCOS which had never been previously diagnosed so it proved very difficult with docs saying we wouldn't conceive naturally. We tried Clomid but I had horrid reactions, we were just waiting for a couple of ops on me before potentially going down the IVF route, so in that respect, with age and waiting lists on NHS time was running out I guess.

Our little angel we lost was naturally conceived as was our baby Banana who is now nearly 22 weeks :happydance:

We're both ecstatic and hope to be lucky enough to pop another out quickly after Banana arrives too :cloud9:

Do you ladies have names for your little 'uns?

Hi, I had my first at 35 (even had ELDERLY PRIMIP on my notes!!), he is now 19 months am due my second in November when Isaac will be 25 months old. Very excited. One miscarriage along the way - but all growing wonderfully now!)

This baby is the first grandchild on both sides of the family and we are all thrilled :)

Same here both sets of grandparents are very excited. My dad bought a wooden toy scooter with a shape sorter in the seat at the weekend, the baby won't be able to use it until around 8 months at least. He also bought a car seat for their van already and then told me they are buying us the pram. Don;t you just love parents.

Names for the little 'un - our first was 'hugh' as we were watching a documentary with Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall at the the time, and this one is Valerie (due to valentines day in the month we conceived!)
:haha:

Love the names and sentiment behind them Gilly.

We're keeping Scottish names, for the boy we're liking Alistair with Douglas as a middle name in memory of our little angel.

For girls we have a few, Charlotte, but shortened to Charlie or Isla. Whichever we decide on girls-wise Mae (my Gran's name) will be the middle name.

It's all very exciting isn't it? :happydance::cloud9:

Names - nothing set in stone at the moment.
The bump is called Pickle though and I was telling my mum and nanna we were calling the baby Pickle. My nanna asked if this was for a boy or girl, I said either and then my mum said well it will be the only Pickle in the class. I burst out laughing at the idea they thought I was calling the baby Pickle once it was born.

Hi, i'm 36 and have 4 sons aged 17,13,10 and 7.

This one was a very unexpected surprise(on the pill) but we are happy and certainly have room for one more!

This is my 7th pregnancy,had a m/c at 7 weeks 8 years ago,and again at 11wks 4d a few years ago which was horrendous.went for my 12 week scan to find baby had no heartbeat :cry:

Have my 1st midwife appointment on thursday,when i'll be booked for 12 week scan.....and im nervous as hell!

The bump is called Pickle though and I was telling my mum and nanna we were calling the baby Pickle. My nanna asked if this was for a boy or girl, I said either and then my mum said well it will be the only Pickle in the class. I burst out laughing at the idea they thought I was calling the baby Pickle once it was born.

we have a cat called pickle :dohh:

I have no ideas on names.....one of my closest friends said to me the other day im going to have to think up another "dodgy" name,and to be honest i was quite offended.My boys are called Kyle, Ellis, Mason and Leon.....are they dodgy????

Have my 1st midwife appointment on thursday,when i'll be booked for 12 week scan.....and im nervous as hell!

It is really hard to have a scan after a bad scan exerience, I can understand your nerves. I hope it is all ok.

You are going to be one busy mum when this one comes along, although it looks like you have plenty of help.

we have a cat called pickle :dohh:

I have no ideas on names.....one of my closest friends said to me the other day im going to have to think up another "dodgy" name,and to be honest i was quite offended.My boys are called Kyle, Ellis, Mason and Leon.....are they dodgy????

Not dodgy names at all, they're very strong names indeed :)

I concur re. the scan thing, I've managed to stay really positive during this pregnancy, it just 'feels right' but just before every scan, there's a niggling doubt that creeps in.

I hope all is well for you and bubs on Thursday hon :hugs:

Don't sound dodgy to me at all. My cousin is called Leon, my friends child is called Ellis.

oops sorry fallen angel those are our nicknames for the bump, Hugh became Isaac!!
We haven't started to think properly about names yet, but we still like the girls name from last time - Harriet
Loving your names though. Decisions decisions!!

I am 36, my hubby is 38 will be 39 when baby is born. We've been married 14 years and have an 8 yr old son. This one was not fully planned, but we didn't use birth control. We knew we were taking a risk that month because it was my fertile time. We just didn't think it would happen so fast. I know if I wasn't pregnant now, we would be activley trying. We never wanted to have a Xmas baby and our due date is Dec. 28. Yeah! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->