so worried. can't stop

tina426

Reaction score
A/S on Thursday. So. So. So. anxious...we did a private gender scan ~2 weeks ago...and from what my sick self can google (the worst thing for pregnant women ever...) everything looks normal...but really I have no idea...and they didn't give us a good 2D profile of face...

So anxious...I literally just can't stop thinking about it and counting down the hours...59 now to be exact...I've literally double and triple booked my calendar at work to keep busy, schedule random appointments (dog going to the vet tomorrow, dentist on wednesday) to keep myself busy...I'm dreading that free 2-3hrs in the evening when all I'll do is sit here and think about it...

No reason why...DH and I are 27, healthy, with no signs of any problems...

But I'm just terrified

I'm sure everything will be fine. Good luck x

Try to scale down the worry. Try to remember that worrying won't make a huge amount of difference. As far as you know, there's no reason why anything would be wrong. It's natural to have those fears, but everything has been normal so far and statistically it's likely to continue that way. If anything was wrong at the gender scan, surely they would have made you aware? I know our scan they showed us EVERYTHING - heart, lungs, brain, spine etc etc.
Try and keep calm and keep busy. Likely eveything will be just fine, but if it isn't you can cross that bridge when you get to it. But statistically it will be ok xxx

Like Laura said, if you've made it this far, statistically it is extremely unlikely that anything is wrong. I always find numbers reassuring. Maybe you can try to think about how much fun the scan will be, and how sweet it is to see the baby kicking around on the screen? I know it is not always possible, but maybe you can turn the worry into excitement instead.

I'm sending you loads of hugs xx I know its hard!!!

It's hard not to worry, after losses and being on a board where women who have had very uncommon things statistically speaking happen, it adds even more fear, I know I've been there quite a few times and still wonder about the 'what ifs' but like the other ladies said, if everything else looked good, then most likely things are probably fine...at my 20 week they couldn't get the face or diaphragm because he was moving too much but I almost declined an additional ultrasound because DH and I saw how healthy and active he was, we weren't concerned that anything was wrong but I went ahead anyways so there wouldn't be tension with my midwife and like we guessed, everything was just fine! To God be the glory! I tend to worry but like the pp said, it's not really going to do us any good.

Thank you ladies, I'm trying to hear you....36hrs to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->