Social Media Reveal?

adellademona

Reaction score
My husband and I have already told most of our family that we are expecting with the exception of his step-dad and my grandparents. I don't want to tell my grandparents over the phone so I'm not sure how to break it to them. I'm thinking something cute I send them in the mail? They'll be great grandparents!

As far as social media goes, have you spilled the beans to the world of Facebook? I kinda want to drop little hints each week to see who can catch on but I'm not sure how to do that. Ideas? Suggestions? What did/will you do?

I still haven't spelled the beans yet. I did think (pre-pregnancy) that the idea of announcing the size of baby in fruit (just one word or phrase, like apple or tomato etc) every week could be a hint for some - without saying outright. I didn't end up doing that but it's an idea!

I think we are going to post on Xmas when I'm 14 weeks, having DS holding a sign :)

With my 3rd baby, I had my two oldest hold the sonogram picture, and captioned it 'surprise! Baby due in June'...
I'll probably do something similar once again. Hmmm. I don't know...

I still haven't spelled the beans yet. I did think (pre-pregnancy) that the idea of announcing the size of baby in fruit (just one word or phrase, like apple or tomato etc) every week could be a hint for some - without saying outright. I didn't end up doing that but it's an idea!

I thought about doing that! Except post pictures of myself enjoying the fruit of the week! Haha

I didn't put anything on social media with my son and probably won't again, I'm too paranoid. But I did change my profile picture every so often to a pregnant movie, for example a headshot of Juno. Or an etch a sketch just random things only my fellow geeks understood which movie it was and didn't get the link until I told them I was pregnant. I still banned people from writing things on my Facebook.

We didn't post anything pregnancy related with lo, we might say something this time but not until we pass viability/24 weeks and then it would be a simple message.

I'm telling my mom on Christmas, and his mom the following day. His dad already knows because he sucks at keeping secrets, and I'm mailing my dad a card with a little poem telling him as he lives far and also I'm terrified to tell him in person lol. I don't plan to do a huge facebook reveal, a lot of people already know but I will do some kind of official announcement once the important people have been told in person. I have been dropping some subtle hints. I posted a picture of an olive on my stomach with my dog staring at it last week. I'm not sure who actually made the connection though. I think a lot of people are going to be really surprised.

We never announced it as such but we went on holiday at 14w and put a pic up with the caption, the three of us having fun.

I got really excited when my friend did this too but she was counting her dog lol

The friends we'd told commented and then people realised but it passed a lot by.

I never put the soon pic up as I see that as something just for us.

Most people seem to have guessed by now, due to me complaining about being sick constantly! XD Still excited to put scan pic up if all goes well =]

I'm still on the fence as to when to tell my FB friends. Most people know like close family/friends/coworkers. I just don't know what to say! lol

The last time i spilled the beans on social media I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum the very next day >.> wont' be doing that again until my first ultrasound Thursday.
I actually wound up hemorrhaging a couple weeks later so this time only the people who have to know encase there is another emergency know this time.

we had been open about struggling with early losses, because it helped me to connect with others who had had similar issues. So, when we had finally had 2 good scans, we announced at 8w with DS (did first comes love/marriage/baby carriage with engagement pic, wedding pic, and onesie/baby shoes/sono pic). I figured I'd need support if that pregnancy ended too, and wanted to celebrate while we had him.

With this one, I have no idea... we have another scan at 12w, and I may wait until then... I have a doppler, so if that sounds ok, it may come christmas/new year's... (10/11w)

I did! I didn't do anything special, just posted about the baby in a text post and said how happy we were. I think however you want to tell the world is fine, as long as you are happy with it. A couple of my friends (who are also pregnant lol I know at least 3 people due around the same time as myself) have posted their pregnancy announcements as a way to post on social media. We haven't personally sent out the pregnancy announcements, but that's because we're doing a combo announcement/Christmas card, since our 20 week ultrasound was yesterday. It's all a matter of personal preference :)

I don't plan on telling social media until about 14-16 weeks. everyone who's important already knows. BUT I say that and will prob change as soon as I get those ultrasound pics this week. lol

Last time around we posted the scan photo and a little message once all important people had been told either face to face or by phone call.
This time round i will be letting my son tell the world. He is 5 and everyone asks us non stop when will we be giving him a brother or sister. His a massive football fan so i am going to get him in his football kit and have him hold a banner with "New team mate due July 2016" something like that xx

If I have my scan before Xmas I'm going to do it on Xmas day with two big chocolate lindt bears with a little baby one in the middle, had it planned for weeks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->