soft play

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
Do most soft play places charge for under 1's? I'm asking because I took the children I mind to soft play today,they are 3&4 so paid the fee for them (£3.50 each) but I saw the place charging a woman for a 3 month old baby asleep in a sling! They insisted she pay £1 and I thought it was ridiculous! The child is hardly going to be crawling around playing. So,is it the norm?

I have been charged in certain places for over 10-11 months, or if walking etc.
But never a baby that is too small to play or under 8-9 months
x

Under ones are free at the one softplay we use - i think its terrible charging for little babies!

There's a place here that charges £3.25 on weekends for under 1's. Baffling :neutral:

discounted rate here

The soft play we go to is free for under 1's, £4 for 1-4 years old's and £4.50 for over 4's. They tried to charge us a few times before my LO was 1 as she's quite tall. x

I went the other week with my 9 month old, he got in free but I paid a pound. Absolute joke the place was stinking I'm never taking my LO anywhere like that ever again!

I think it's robbery to charge for a baby that can't even crawl!

The place we used to go to it was under 1's free, then different rates for 2 different areas (a smaller bit for toddlers and a larger bit for kids up to about 8 years old) so depending on what bit you wanted to use.

our local one is free for babies that cant walk its ridiculous to have to pay for a tiny baby!!

The softplays that we go to only charge for over 1s. I do go to one that charges for adults to go in (£1) which I don't thinks great but its a brilliant softplay and Callum loves it so we still go to it xx

Wow charging for adults is a bit strange, I've never been to a softplay that does that. The ones I've been at charge for kids of an age where they can use the stuff, and don't let you bring in your own food and drinks so you have to buy from their kiosk (obvs allowed to take in baby milk for bottles)

I think they are 50p if over 6 months here, it's pretty good compared to others.

The one we go to is free under one

The 2 we've been to have been free for under 1s (and adults).
One is £2.50 per child and you get a free drink for them during term time before 11.30
The other is £3.50 per child during school hours, and £4.00 after school and weekends / holidays.

The one near me is free for under 1s but every adult after the 1st one is £1 so i took hubby i was free but had to pay £1 for him

Ours is £1 for under ones on the price list, however my friend wasn't charged for her 2 month old in a sling so guessing they exercise a bit of discretion. I never minded being charged for Isobel, we started taking her at about 9 months and they have a fab baby area that suits non-walkers. A pound is really good value for it actually.

Our local soft play charges over 6months! £4.50.... Day light robbery! It's not Like she can even join in really! When they reach 1 it goes upto £5.50!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->