Softcups

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by amanda09, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Anika85

Anika85 Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. I think you may be right. I removed the cup after nearly 10 hours and pleased to say there was hardly anything in the cup.

Congratulations on ur babe. I hope pregnancy is treating u well!! X

2. Noo

Noo Mum to 2 boys xx

I left mine in only 3 hours the last time - Though my cervix was high, soft and open - There was nothing left in it other than residue so I'm hoping they swam well!

3. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

4. Hope2be2013

Hope2be2013 Well-Known Member

I bought some yesterday and used my first one last night!! It was very easy to use, not hard to get out at all, didn't hurt...I actually didn't feel it and I slept with it all night. Now let's hope it works!

5. 2have4kids

2have4kids Mother of 3

FX for you ladies!!

6. LoveMyTripawd

LoveMyTripawd Pregnant mom of 1

I am trying them for the first time this month. I'm a bit scared because they look so big, but it is worth a try! I will trust the women who say they are easy to use :)

7. Blythe

Blythe Well-Known Member

This might sound horrid but worth a go....my DH recently had a SA done. He produced and submitted sample at 8.30am and it was stuck in an incubator then tested at 2.30pm in the afternoon. This month I DTD around midnight and stayed in bed after and inserted the softcup in the morning to avoid it all coming out (nice!) coz I figured that my private area must be a bit like an incubator and the sperm might still be good to go. I removed at later that day so hoping it extended the chances....

8. 2have4kids

2have4kids Mother of 3

I don't think it's horrid at all. We do what we have to do.

9. Briss

Briss Well-Known Member

vagina is very acidic and sperm is unlikely to survive there for more than I do not know an hour at most, wouldn't you need some preseed to change the environment to alkaline so the sperm can survive for longer in the softcup?

10. Blythe

Blythe Well-Known Member

Briss - you are right the V is a pretty hostile environment for sperm most of the time....but around O or when there is the right kind of CM they can survive for much longer...i use a lubricant like preseed [cannot remember name now but i got it in boots] so that should help.

11. Nolagyrl1913

Nolagyrl1913 Finally a Mommy :)

This thread has given me so much encouragement - I think my problem is I don't lie down long enough for those :spermy: to swim up....

My last MC was in September and I hoped I would have been pregnant by now.....but I am HOPEFUL after reading this thread - and it took awhile.
    Any other softcup success stories out there?

Good Luck to all!!!

12. BumptasticMTY

BumptasticMTY Well-Known Member

Just started using these today! Any other softcupers??

13. 2have4kids

2have4kids Mother of 3

I've used them for 2 years now and had 1bfp along with 1 chemical. I believe they do work, best of luck! :dust:

14. BumptasticMTY

BumptasticMTY Well-Known Member

Great to hear. I believe they will work for me, hoping that is! Putting it in was a bit odd, removing it was tricky too!

I've read that some put preseed in the cup before insertion. How much should one put?

15. Blythe

Blythe Well-Known Member

I haven't used them for a while but keen to get going again. My only problem is I worry that the sperm gets caught on the other side and gets blocked from going in my cervix as often there's stuff still in the cup when I remove it. Once I put it in there it takes on life of its own and i just aim to get it up there! Also I worry about cold preseed killing the sperm.

Worry, worry, worry

16. Babybonn

Babybonn Active Member

Used Softcups and took mucinex , used opk's and used preseed 6 years ago and I got pregnant first try!

17. Rainbobby18

Rainbobby18 Well-Known Member

New softcup user. I tried for the first time last night. I had never used one before so it to some adjusting until I was comfortable and I also put my legs up for about 15 minutes. Hopefully May brings bfps for us all.

18. Pookied8476

Pookied8476 Mummy to 2 beautiful babies & cooking no3

I’m using menstrual cups but I’ve noticed no matter how long I leave them in there’s still liquified semen and Cm in the cup!! Is this normal?