Softcups

amanda09

Reaction score
I just ordered these from www.early-pregnancy-tests.com, and was wondering if any of you ladies have tried these? The reviews I read are really good! they say they have gotten pregnant after using these in the 1st month!

Hi didn't want to read and run, but I have no idea what they are. I'll wait with antipcipation to find out. x

ive never heard of them but im intrigued!anything that helps a BFP and im game!!you going to order any???

Softcup fertility success stories are now so commonplace that Instead has filed for FDA clearance to officially market the Softcups as a conception aid.

Better yet, Softcups are "body friendly and body safe." They have been tested for biocompatibility and are hypoallergenic. In the over ten years that the product has been on the market, there have been no reported incidences of Toxic Shock Syndrome. Instead Softcups are made entirely of hypoallergenic, non-toxic, non-irritating, non-absorbent materials that have been used for more than 20 years in the health care profession. And the Softcups have no irritating latex.

The Softcup by Instead was originally designed as an innovative "no strings" and "no wings" alternative to traditional forms of feminine protection. Yet, it was the trying-to-conceive community who first used the Softcup as a preconception fertility aid.

According to Instead, the makers of the Softcup, trying-to-conceive (TTC) couples were "seeking a simple and affordable option before going to more extreme treatments. [These couples] discovered that the Softcup could be inserted immediately after intercourse to promote conception - and they had amazing success stories to prove it.”

As a fertility aid, the rationale behind the Softcup is simple: Following lovemaking, the Softcup is used as a reservoir to hold semen and sperm close to the cervix. The cervix is the channel that sperm must pass through to reach the uterus and fertilize the egg. Thus, the Softcup may work as a fertility aid by helping pool sperm around the cervix.

From what I've heard they're essentially mooncups - they sit inside you to catch menstruation instead of using tampons. The idea of a mooncup is to be re-used and environmentally-friendly. But the softcups are single-use only.

The idea TTC-wise is to keep the swimmers close to the cervix and therefore avoid wastage/leakage!

Ohh what a good idea :)

May have to get me some!

xx

I got this too although no BFP as yet but great having no more wet patch!! LOL
:hugs:

no more wet patch! ha!

Um, so, I'm not sure how I feel about sticking a mini-tub up in there to a) catch AF b)keep the swimmers in the shallow end per say. But, perhaps it'd give them a whirl...for both a) & b). We'll see if my mind opens a little more to them.

interesting!!! is this the same as a diva cup??

I used them this cycle.

I'll see if it succeeds later this month. I loved not worrying about leakage even if it didn't though, and I will be using them again. They aren't nearly as scary as they look and a total breeze to insert.

I bought mine at Walgreens and they were a bit cheaper, 14 for $9.

Good on ya, I've been looking at these for a while but I wasn't sure about the logistics of using them as they look a wee big on the large side. There have been other threads though that say they are really easy to use. fingers x they do the trick for you.
x

I would be intrigued to find out how many BFP's we get on here from Soft cup users !!!!

I used one this month after BDing on day14 (which hopefully was OV day). We BDed in the morning, I laid on my back for about 15 mins then put the cup in and got on with the rest of my day!! There was still a bit of leakage (which must have slipped round the side of the cup as I put it in) but overall much better than not using one. I just hope it brings me my BFP now!! x

Can you not just use a mooncup for the same idea, but cheaper as it is reusable? Don't quote me on it as I don't know - but these just seem like a disposable version of the same thing?

I've just noticed that TTCNumber2's status thing shows she's expecting now after using a softcup! Congrats!! Do you think it was the softcup that did it???

I used one too so hoping it worked for me too. Does anyone else have any success stories? x

I will be using these very soon and now I'm wondering what is the best way to use them? after my bf finishes lol, should I be laying on my back and then insert right away....or prop my legs/hips up and then put in? any suggestions from anybody who has used these? thanks!

I got a BFP after 12dpo with first response!!! I used softcups for the first time and it worked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->