Softcups

nimbec- sometimes it's at bedtime but most of the time it's the morning or afternoon..whenever dh is feeling randy lol. I'm sure he wouldn't turn down some instigation on my part though so I'll give it a try!

Hi all,

Just registered to join this forum. Hubby and I have been TTC for over a year, though I only started charting my ovulation with the test strips 6 mths ago. I've used softcups for 3 cycles now and still nothing. I find the cups uncomfortable to use. Takes a while to insert, and I do get a little crampy. Taking out isnt too difficult but messy. It helps to be relaxed and not rush through it.

My problem with this method is spillage. I read some of the posts here, that most of your ladies don't have a problem with that. I have tried putting cup in after sex but I seem to pushing out the semen, if that makes sense. Also tried putting sperm in cup and then insert, also pushed out quite a bit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Oh, and what's with all the abbreviations on the forums?? I just know TTC!! Need to find out how to decipher all the codes :wacko:

Cheers

Hi all,

Just registered to join this forum. Hubby and I have been TTC for over a year, though I only started charting my ovulation with the test strips 6 mths ago. I've used softcups for 3 cycles now and still nothing. I find the cups uncomfortable to use. Takes a while to insert, and I do get a little crampy. Taking out isnt too difficult but messy. It helps to be relaxed and not rush through it.

My problem with this method is spillage. I read some of the posts here, that most of your ladies don't have a problem with that. I have tried putting cup in after sex but I seem to pushing out the semen, if that makes sense. Also tried putting sperm in cup and then insert, also pushed out quite a bit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Oh, and what's with all the abbreviations on the forums?? I just know TTC!! Need to find out how to decipher all the codes :wacko:

Cheers

These videos show you how to insert and remove the Softcup correctly:

INSTEAD Softcup Menstrual Cup - How To Use
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drNCv9ac1I

How to Insert and Remove Softcup®
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amPXaswKxyk

Get to Know Your Anatomy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97q7APd83uo

Other videos and tutorials on softcup and youtube websites:
https://www.softcup.com/video-tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/user/insteadinc

So after bd'ing this morning I inserted a soft cup and upon removal about 5 hrs later I found a small amount of blood in it. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

I just saw a show on Dr Oz, if you have sex you can bleed if it's rough. You can also bleed when the eggie pops out. Who knows?

That Happend to me today too, Im so confused! DH put his :spermy: in the cup and then i inserted it, only because the first day it leaked alot, I wanted to see if this would make a difference, but instead when I took it out this morning there was blood there instead, but it was watery.

small bit of bleeding is normal. You could've been scratched or been a bit too rough or it could be from ovulation.

Great idea with the videos

Spillage happens. If you are inserting after bd some is bound to come out. It's minimal

Im still waiting for my soft cup, but I've started using just a regular menstrual cup while I wait. I've never used either before, but I found the regular cup keeps everything "in there" and I had very minimal spillage. I did notice, though, that after about 5 hours I began to get uncomfortable - it was the same kind of feeling you get when you insert a tampon incorrectly and it hurts a little (sorry if TMI).

Any of you ladies heard of BFP's with menstrual cups rather than soft cups?

soft cups are used for you AF as well. I'm sure it's the same concept.

I am now a true believer of softcups used them for the first time this cycle and got my :bfp: today!

I am now a true believer of softcups used them for the first time this cycle and got my :bfp: today!

CONGRADULATIONS, I have used them and they have done nothing for me, but am truly happy they worked for you, How long have you been ttc? I have been trying for 16 months and nothing. FRIENDS.:happydance::happydance::happydance::hugs:

Thank you so much!!! We have been trying only for 3 cycles but it has seemed like an eternity waiting to try (almost 2 years). Sure I would love to be friends, I have no clue how to add you so can you add me instead? :)

Congrats Soccergurl3! It's my first cycle using softcups as well so I hope I get some of your luck! :)

To those of you saying there wasnt much in the cup when you took it out...there isnt supposed to be! Your cervix sucked the sperm up and left the cup empty- yay!!
When you remove the Softcup the next morning, what's left is most likely semen residue. And yes, sometimes it kinda seems like a lot. However, by the time you are removing it, all of the sperm have left the semen and have already traveled up into the cervix. Actually from what I've read the sperm pass through the cervix withing 35-45 minutes after insertion.

hi ladies - not sure if this thread is redundant or not but wanted to ask something about soft cups and insertion. I have just got the hang of moon cups but think soft cups appear to be better suited to TTC. however, i put it inside whilst sitting and it pops up past my pubic bone and i try to push it in as far as i can and it is quite comfortable. I am currently on my period so trying to get the hang of it - after maybe an hour or two it starts leaking and i need a pad then when i get it out blood is all over it both sides so clearly not pooling in the little plastic bit. i hear women can dtd with this in - with this in mind i just stuck my finger inside and can feel it and cannot imagine how people can have sex with it in. So my one is clearly not sitting over my cervix and i have no idea how to do that - any hints or tips would be gratefully received?

Hi There,

I got some Softcups but to be honest I don't like them as much as my mooncup so I shall be using that instead! The Softcups don't seem to sit right with me.

Hi noo.....yeah I have to say I much prefer my mooncup. It has been a bit of a revalation really....feel great not using tampons and doing my bit for the environment! Will probably have another go tomorrow with the softcup then give up!

Hi ladies - just wanted to see if any of you had experienced this when using softcups.

I used one yesterday after BD I was on CD8 yeserday- it was about 3pm in the afternoon and I left it in for 10 hours - took it out at 1am.

When I took it out there was a fair amount of brownish blood inside the cup. I am wondering what this could be :(

I usually Ov on CD12 so I wonder if it is preov bleeding but it seems too early for that - 4days before.

Or could it be left over AF clearing out? I have light cycles - 2 days of bleeding one day spotting. So AF was done 5 days ago....

Or did I 'damage' something while using the softcup?

Anyone able to shed any light on this? I'm hoping it was just AF clearing out. Have any of you had bleeding when using softcups?

I did a CP this morning and there was no blood....even yesterday before we BD I did a CP and didn't get any spotting....

Hi ladies - just wanted to see if any of you had experienced this when using softcups.

I used one yesterday after BD I was on CD8 yeserday- it was about 3pm in the afternoon and I left it in for 10 hours - took it out at 1am.

When I took it out there was a fair amount of brownish blood inside the cup. I am wondering what this could be :(

I usually Ov on CD12 so I wonder if it is preov bleeding but it seems too early for that - 4days before.

Or could it be left over AF clearing out? I have light cycles - 2 days of bleeding one day spotting. So AF was done 5 days ago....

Or did I 'damage' something while using the softcup?

Anyone able to shed any light on this? I'm hoping it was just AF clearing out. Have any of you had bleeding when using softcups?

I did a CP this morning and there was no blood....even yesterday before we BD I did a CP and didn't get any spotting....

You might have irritated your cervix when bding. It's common. I've never had this happen but especially when pregnant the ladies tend to freak out and it's just because it's a delicate part, the outside can bleed during/after :sex: or pap. You might only be noticing now because of the softcup, may have always been like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->