some good reads??

As I am currently on a mystery kick, here are a few great titles in that genre:

* The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie & The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag both by Alan Bradley (really quirky, fun lead character in both)
* any of the Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King 0 about a young woman who works with Sherlock Holmes - really well researched and written,so it almost feels like a good historical novel at the same time as a good who-dunnit! :)

Stevensmummy - have you read Count to Ten by Karen Rose? I'm reading it just now and would recomend it. I'll need to add I Can See You to my list.

No I can see you was my first karen rose novel but certainly won't be my last I found the first chapter confusing and hard to get into but after that I was glued lol! What is count to ten about? X

Count To Ten is my first Karen Rose. I've taken the details from her website and copied them below....I would hate to put it in my own words and give too much away :haha: Have you read any James Patterson or Lindwood Barclay? I've really enjoyed their books. They are thrillers too.

In all his years in the Chicago Fire Department, Lieutenant Reed Solliday has never experienced anything like this recent outbreak of house fires--devastating, vicious and in one case, homicidal. He has another problem--his new partner, Detective Mia Mitchell. She’s brash, bossy, and taking the case in a direction he never imagined.

Mia’s instincts tell her the arsonist is making this personal. And as the infernos become more deadly, one look at the victims’ tortured faces convinces her and Reed that they must work closer to catch the killer. With each new blaze, the villain ups the ante, setting firetraps for the people Reed and Mia love. The truth is almost too hot to handle: This monster’s desire for death and destruction is unquenchable … and for Mia he’s started the countdown to an early grave.

Stevensmummy - have you read Count to Ten by Karen Rose? I'm reading it just now and would recomend it. I'll need to add I Can See You to my list.

No I can see you was my first karen rose novel but certainly won't be my last I found the first chapter confusing and hard to get into but after that I was glued lol! What is count to ten about? X

Count To Ten is my first Karen Rose. I've taken the details from her website and copied them below....I would hate to put it in my own words and give too much away :haha: Have you read any James Patterson or Lindwood Barclay? I've really enjoyed their books. They are thrillers too.

In all his years in the Chicago Fire Department, Lieutenant Reed Solliday has never experienced anything like this recent outbreak of house fires--devastating, vicious and in one case, homicidal. He has another problem--his new partner, Detective Mia Mitchell. She’s brash, bossy, and taking the case in a direction he never imagined.

Mia’s instincts tell her the arsonist is making this personal. And as the infernos become more deadly, one look at the victims’ tortured faces convinces her and Reed that they must work closer to catch the killer. With each new blaze, the villain ups the ante, setting firetraps for the people Reed and Mia love. The truth is almost too hot to handle: This monster’s desire for death and destruction is unquenchable … and for Mia he’s started the countdown to an early grave.

That sounds good! Ordering lol, no not read anything written by them! Might have a read up on the internet :) thanks for the ideas hun! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->