Some statistics: When do eggs implant?

You are very welcome. =) I'm thinking about doing a biology/biochemistry play-by-play of critical points in early pregnancy (first 4 weeks) -- do you think people would find it interesting?

Thanks for the feedback. I will work on something in the next few weeks for y'all. =)

oh moxie08 i cant wait to see what you're gonna post...!!!:hugs:

can you help me out a little? if i understood right if implantation happened lets say 8dpo a 10miu hpt should show it at 12dpo?

i dont want to upsess but after getting my :bfn: at 10dpo i want to know what to do in my next cycle ... :cry:

ps. it seems like you know so much !!! can you pleeeeeeeeese keep posting stuff you know?:hugs:

thank you soooooo much!you are the best!!!

Hello OULINA,

For many pregnant women, if they implanted successfully at 8 dpo, they would know at 12 dpo whether they were pregnant. Some women may take longer to produce enough hCG; more likely the day of suspected implantation is calculated wrong. In either case it may take longer to see a :bfp: . This also does not consider the fact that many women may implant and then subsequently reject the embryo before producing enough hCG to see a :bfp: .

I will try to post more in a week's time -- very busy at work!! =)

This is very helpful. Might make it a bit easier not to keep poas so early and help avoid a few:bfn:

this is a very useful and interesting thread. Thanks for that
x

Thats really good information, so we all know not to get upset if we get a BNF unless a/f comes.
Natxx

Great, great, great information! Thanks so much. If you feel like having a peak at my chart, go for it. I'm having issues at the moment.

I just realized she posted that almost a year ago...whoops.

I'm still here and listening, AreIn83 =) What did you want to know?

Oh man! I looked back and saw that you posted that last June and thought "she's long gone!" I've been posting this all over this site trying to get some information. I have an OvaCue, got my peak 2 days ago with EWCM and left sided O pain. This morning, I wake up with much stronger right O pains but my temp turned up this morning so I'm guessing I O'd yesterday. I just can't figure out this jumping O pain business. I know there is no direct correlation between the pain and when you O but since it's been both sides, I'm just a little flustered!

I just realized I used "peak" instead of "peek". Probably bothered me more than anyone else :haha:

Well, there's no way of knowing without ultrasound, but it is possible to have two competing follicles and therefore two potential ovulations within 24 hours of each other. Also, the actual evacuation of the egg may take longer!

Generally, there is a hormonal barrier between the two ovaries so one thing shouldn't be triggering another. Both respond to hormones circulating in the body, but when a corpus luteum is created, it has a much stronger effect on the same ovary it inhabits, inhibiting other follicles, increasing progesterone, etc. So, with the right hormones, the other side can continue to grow follicles slowly and is therefore 'ahead' for the next month. You can imagine this regime can get a bit out of step now and then; this is usually inherited!

Your own charts show huge temp variations, which can be due to environmental things like waking, mouth-breathing, illness, room temps... but it can also be due to how your hormones pulse and how your body responds to them. You will need to work harder than some women in interpreting the grand trends rather than the individual temp changes. I myself can easily see the biphasic aspects, which hints that you are ovulating and producing progesterone, but correctly timed blood tests will help to confirm this.

You also have a longer luteal phase. This can be because of miscalculation of ovulation, because your corpus luteum takes longer to create, or because your corpus luteum produces progesterone for longer. It's not necessarily a bad thing. A few more charts will help establish a general curve which should reflect the changes in progesterone you are experiencing. For now, though, it's a bit difficult to tell (especially as you had a potential chemical pregnancy before?).

Hope this helps. I am not an expert, and you will know your body best. If you have specific concerns about your fertility or your chart -- definitely talk them over with a doctor! :hugs:

The results are part of a research published by NIH, for the actual research journal and varations in geometric means, kindly click on the full journal HERE:
https://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/23/2/271.pdf

Here are some BLOOD HCG levels per DPO.
So if you are testing with urine, add DPO by 1-2 days.
Its not important HOW HIGH or LOW the numbers are and when it occured. What is most important in a pregnancy is that the HCG DOUBLES every 2 days. HCG levels that don't double every 2 days are signs of a possible miscarriage or chemical pregnancy.

DPo Median Norm range
DPO8 2
DPO9 3 1,40-5,30
DPO10 5 1,90-13,10
DPO11 17 8-35
DPO12 34 20-59
DPO13 55 33-91
DPO14 89 57-140
DPO15 159 100-252
DPO16 260 156-433
DPO17 433 276-706
DPO18 700 473-1033
DPO19 933 626-1384
DPO20 1399 973-1998

Thanks, mummy_blues.

The 'actual' levels don't matter because there is very little doctors (or we!) can do to identify precisely and safely when we implanted. And, as you've said, the growth is what is really critical. HCG is necessary to trigger the production of progesterone which is the most important thing in maintaining the uterine lining (helping the baby stick) until the placenta takes over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->