Some statistics: When do eggs implant?

Moxie- You're amazing. I switched this cycle to vaginal temping as I thought it may help give me a more regular temp curve but so far, I haven't seen much improvement. I did have a chemical two cycles ago, 3 positive HPTs and a equivocal HCG then a negative HPT. So if my corpus luteum is taking longer to create or if it's producing progesterone for longer periods how does this relate to TTC? I'm ovulating sooner than I've been able to tell by OPKs or temping?

Moxie- You're amazing. I switched this cycle to vaginal temping as I thought it may help give me a more regular temp curve but so far, I haven't seen much improvement. I did have a chemical two cycles ago, 3 positive HPTs and a equivocal HCG then a negative HPT. So if my corpus luteum is taking longer to create or if it's producing progesterone for longer periods how does this relate to TTC? I'm ovulating sooner than I've been able to tell by OPKs or temping?

Progesterone production is crucial in maintaining the uterine lining. If your body does not produce enough progesterone; the lining will shed together with the implanted embryo.
Chemical pregnancies and very early MC are very common and happen to UP TO 75% of all pregnant women.
Chemical pregnancies can also be caused by other factors such as abnormal chromosomes, imbalanced hormones, inadequate uterine lining thickness, the immune system rejecting the implanteed embryo and other abnormalities.
If you have repeated chemical pregnancies or MCs, kindly talk to your doctor and get tested. He will most probably do an ultrasound to check your uterine lining as well as estrogen and progesterone tests.
Good luck!

Thanks. I have had my hormones checked- FSH, progesterone, prolactin and TSH. All were normal. I understand progesterone's role but my question was if my corpus luteum is producing progesterone too long after O, what would this mean in terms of conception?

The only way to ovulate prior to a positive OPK is to have missed your OPK surge. This is common -- especially for those who ovulate very quickly following the LH surge. But evidence suggests that eggs are more likely to 'pop out' closer to 36 hours following a surge (day and a half). Hence, FF tends to put the ovulation one day after your positive OPK.

After an egg comes out, the follicle undergoes a change to create the corpus luteum, which then starts to produce progesterone. Progesterone production is still linked to the pulsing of your LH, so if your LH pulses slower, so will your progesterone. It's more sensitive to the pulsing than to the actual levels of LH.

Implantation relies on a series of very fortunate events all of which need to be impeccably timed by the body. Some evidence shows that the fallopian tube actually prepares the egg for fertilization as it travels and drops the egg off in the uterus where it might sit for 3-4 days preparing for implantation in a beautifully lined uterus, thanks to the progesterone and the estrogen.

It's a wilderness, though, because your body can scavenge the egg, your fallopian tube can slow it down or speed it up (aka drop it off in the uterus too early or too late, when the pH can render it useless), and your lining may not be prepped fast enough or with the right enzymes.

Having enough progesterone (there is a critical level) for longer means that you have a bigger window for implantation. Some women have a very small window and therefore are subfertile.

Hope this helps!

It does! Very much! I've gotten so much information here, thanks again.

You can't take just ONE hormone out and figure out what happens if you just remove one.
Our "hormone commando centre" aka hypothalamus works like this:
It receives a signal, and acts accordingly to the signal, everything is dependent on everything else. There isn't such a thing as progesterone high only, because when your progesterone is high, the hypothalamus will try to "counter-act" by increasing other hormones and lead to a hormonal imbalance.
Any form of hormonal imbalance affects conception, the most common form of hormonal imbalance in women would be Menopause.

I had been told by an herbalist that I was estrogen dominant, which is what occurs during menopause, correct? When I had my progesterone checked, it was 34 which meant I had O'd. At some point is is possible for the progesterone to decrease too soon? I don't think this is the case as Moxie pointed out, my LP is long so my progesterone must stay elevated enough produce a healthy endometrial lining?

AreIn83 -- It's not about time, it's about achieving a critical level of hormones, especially progesterone, in order for the uterine lining to undergo the changes. After implantation, the progesterone needs to stay up as the withdrawal of progesterone triggers menstruation. This is why some women are given progesterone supplements early in pregnancy.

I would question anything a herbalist said about estrogen dominance. As mummy_blues said, the body is constantly changing levels of hormones due to feedback and triggers -- it's a very complex process. Hence we all don't come with a guidebook. =) There are specific periods when you need the estrogen (to build up your lining, for one) and you'll undergo multiple surges of it as a result before and after ovulation.

To be dominant at something implies there's a level of normality. I have a difficult time believing there's a 'normal' as even a single women will have different (and differently fertile) cycles. Research has consistently shown how bad we all are at telling if we've actually ovulated or not... because even in the perfect chart with the perfect progesterone levels you still might not have created a viable egg. So frustrating, eh? :)

Very much so! I need a window placed in my lower abdomen, I think. :winkwink:

Yeah, that may turn them off....I could fashion a curtain?

I think that would be a hit at fashion week, deff!
Imagine the bikini designs for summerwear! :haha: 1940s /50s retro!

https://c0388982.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/swimwear-exhibition-18.jpg

Moxie- I have another quick question, if you don't mind. The herbalist I saw told me to start using progesterone cream after O. What are your thoughts?

There's a lot of debate whether it works. I even participated in a clinical trial for lessening PMS symptoms. But if you are prepared to live with the potential side effects and don't keep it up for more than a few cycles without confirming that it's okay with a doctor/pharmacist.. I can't see how it would hurt. If you get a :bfp: in a cycle while using it, don't stop using it until you talk to a doctor about it, just to be safe.

If your bloodwork confirmed higher levels of progesterone, however, I can't see how you'd need it. I would wait until there were more tests done (like an HSG or an ultrasound) to better understand what's going on.

Porgesterone cream is only any good for lengthening your luteal phase or as mentioned relieving pmt symptoms, your lp length is fine and you dont spot long before af comes so it doesnt lean towards low progesterone and a lp defect. If the herbalist was aiming to help with preventing mc's then the cream isnt strong enough, you have to move onto pessaries where its a higher dose and more readily absorbed vaginally. As mentioned if you get a bfp while using it dont stop till your doc gives you the okay, usually around the 12 week mark, as a sharp drop in progesterone can signal the body to mc as well. For the record I implant fairly early and get a +hpt early as well, this time was 5dpo implantation with a +hpt at 8dpo, so the three day rule works with me, others have been 6dpo with a 9dpo +hpt. Old post, but well worth it being bumped back up. Just goes to show you really arnt out until the witch comes to town!

Thanks girls. I was concerned about using it and the aim was to prevent any more miscarriages, i did miscarry in December but it was due to an early sub-chorionic. I think that I'll hold out.

interesting. i had brown spotting-very scant-only like 2 wipes worth- yesterday at 10 dpo. sadly i know now i have to wait a while to test!! ugh....

is it possible to implant at 4 dpo, i had slight brown spotting with a huge temp dip (stayed above cover line though) also af like cramps, and today at 6dpo my temp is higher than it has ever been
dpo 1 = 97.2
dpo 2 = 97.5
dpo 3 = 97.9
dpo 4 = 97.5 brown spotting
dpo 5 = 97.9 tender breast, gagging sensation, indegestion
dpo 6 = 98.4 very high soft cervix, loads of cervical mucus, tender breast

i had a chemical preg last month so i was wondering if it was possible for early implantation following ch preg. or if i did implant early would that be bad / possible in my tubes.

Just bumping this old post. I found it very interesting and though it will be helpful for anyone new at ttc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->