Some women shouldn't be mothers....

I think people forget that she didn't actually kill anybody. Save the hate for Huntley.

She was guilty of not much more than incredible stupidity and gullibility and its costing the taxpayer £££ in protection and new identity because so many people are too thick to see the difference between that and cold blooded child murder. I hardly think her crime warrants sterilisation.

Stupidity and gullibility it may be but at the end of the day if it is true and she is able to get work again with children I know I for one wouldnt want it to be my children she was working with. Plus if I dont see fit for my children to be in her care Im not going to agree with anyone elses being in her care either, even if it is her own.

To add, I dont agree that she should be sterilised, and that isnt going to happen no matter how many want it to, but at the same time I do agree that her baby should be taken from her and never have to know the truth.

:flower:

Horrid. She didn't care when someone elses baby was killed, why should she be allowed her own :cry: IMO the child should be taken away and not know anything about her/his birth mother. Thats a huge burden for a child to carry and I don't think they should have to serve a life knowing their mother did such a disgusting thing.

^^WSS

Thats what i was going to say, the baby shouldnt know, can you imagine living knowing who your mother is.

Horrid. She didn't care when someone elses baby was killed, why should she be allowed her own :cry: IMO the child should be taken away and not know anything about her/his birth mother. Thats a huge burden for a child to carry and I don't think they should have to serve a life knowing their mother did such a disgusting thing.

^^WSS

Thats what i was going to say, the baby shouldnt know, can you imagine living knowing who your mother is.
Somebody who was convicted of perverting the course of justice?

Not murder.

Knowing her boyfriend had murdered those girls?She knew he was guilty when he asked her to lie....she doesn't deserve children..that child is better off in care than with a mother like that...

You don't KNOW that she knew he was guilty. In fact she was cleared of that particular charge - assisting an offender.

Still some people enjoy a good witch hunt.

:shock:

i don't know about anyone else but when i see pictures of jon venables and robert thompson, i feel sick!

oh come on,if your boyfriend said 'You need to lie for me to say you were with me otherwise Im a suspect in a murder enquiry' you wouldn't run for the hills?

Sorry but I don't buy he hadn't confessed to her.

oh come on,if your boyfriend said 'You need to lie for me to say you were with me otherwise Im a suspect in a murder enquiry' you wouldn't run for the hills?

I'm impressed that you can quote verbatim the exact words he used to persuade her :dohh:

There is no need to be petty!!!I imagine it wasn't just a case of 'Tell the police I was with you' with no explantion :dohh:

This is exactly what I said to OH earlier today, if that was someone asking me to lie for them then I would Immediately question as to why they needed me to lie if they were innocent.

Also even if someone did ask me and I still believed them 100%, then I still wouldn't feel the need to lie as if there was nothing to hide then surely there would be nothing to find :wacko: Perhaps I'm being naive and have to much faith in the legal system though :shrug:

He is a manipulative man - there could have been any number of threats or stealthy methods used to persuade her to lie. As I said she was incredibly stupid and she was punished for it but her crime does not warrant her child being taken away from her years later. Him yes. Not her.

i too would demand an explanation. i don't think she should've been sterilised, no.

i guess it all comes down to do people change :shrug:

He is a manipulative man - there could have been any number of threats or stealthy methods used to persuade her to lie. As I said she was incredibly stupid and she was punished for it but her crime does not warrant her child being taken away from her years later. Him yes. Not her.

And on the other hand there may not have been either. Just because she has been cleared of certain things i.e not knowing, I still wouldn't take the chance by having my children in her care, or anyone else's, and if I wouldn't do that, then in an ideal world I wouldn't with her own either.

:flower:

I have never heard any report of her personally being a danger to children. It would be the perogative of other parents not to place their children in her care just as with any other person (except thank to the numpties out there who can't tell murder from perverting the course of justice people wouldn't know it was her). But unless her child is in any obvious danger then why should it be removed? I am sure that child will be monitored by the authorities far more closely than many of the poor kids who slip through the net until it's too late.

Why the hell should her child never be able to know what it's scumbag of a mother did?If she felt anything for her child she would tell them when it was old enough...

Although her identity wouldnt have a criminal record and in theory woould allow her to work with children, there must surely be some kind of flag on her and others like her files that would make this not possible. Lets remember that It became a huge deal at the time cos Huntly did have a conviction and was allowed to work in a school. Somebody would have thought about this and done something appropriate to prevent happening agian, Particularly in this case.

Its not ann easy situation, i think she deserves what she got, i dont think she deserves to be a mother but i dont beleive anyone should have enforced sterilisation either. If they took the kid away surely that would then reveal her identity to the husband whom we assume doesnt already know and that would then breach the court order on her identity.

Hopefully for the baby its mothers identity is always safe and it can live its life in blissful ignorance, i think its better to think of the LO now, like you said who wants to have something like that over them.

We are just going round in circles so I'm stepping away from this thread. I won't get you to see my point of view and I certainly don't get yours.

snuffy I think you are being rude writing things like incredible stupidity and numpities, surely you can put your view across without those sorts of expressions?

I am not sure where I stand with this, cos I dont know enough about the case, what was said and done and so on, but I do think if I were to ever find out that my Mum's name wasnt her own due to a previous crime she commited, I would feel as if I had bee living a lie, iykwim?

My husband doesnt know anything about his Mum's side of the family and really struggles with that, he would love to know about that side of the family, and also when my girls died he wondered was it his fault because he didnt know if it was something in his genetics, wouldnt this baby have the same problems?

As for working in a nursery I imagine that any CRB check would say that she was not allowed to work with children etc, just not why. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->