Some women shouldn't be mothers....

The way I see it is that if Ian had been out (Lets say he'd gone for a run or something (which he does) on his own) and then the police were accusing him of something sinister - which I knew (or thought I knew) he was just not capable of - I would probably lie for him too. After all his "alibi" needs witnesses and proof and if he was out alone that just wouldn't cut it.

She was a very silly woman, in love with a man who she felt could do no wrong.

Put yourself in her shoes. Would you believe your partner was innocent if he was accused of something as awful as killing 2 young girls? Would you lie to keep your partner safe because you genuinely though he was innocent?

SOmething as small as just not being able to proove where you were or have witnesses could be enough to make someone a suspect. I'm sure we have all been alone in places where if questioned for something we just wouldn not be able to proove we were.

I'm not sympathising. She was a poor judge of character and should have told the truth... but I don't think she deserves the level of hate that she gets.

xxx[/QUOTE

Completely agree with this.

I cant help feeling really bitter about her! From what i can remember in the papers i thought she cleaned their house from top to toe after it happend and he had driven down to her mothers and told her what had happend! No one actually knows apart from those that were involved but all i can say is that if i was the family of those young girls i would feel sick to the stomach about it!
I hope she feels guilt for what happend! and i think if she ever uttered so much of a word to enyone about her past it would be all over the press in minutes!! So i cant imagine even her partner knows who she really is let alone her child!
I live near soham and i remember it very clearly, i cant help feeling that sometimes its forgotten that there was two girls brutally murderd and no matter what she lied for him, in my opinion that is unforgivable no matter how much she loved him it was a lie!!!

First off I'd like to say: yes I'd probably believe Jamie if he was accused of something like this. I wouldn't lie for him though. I don't care how in love with someone you are you do not jeopardise any chances of the sick monster that done it getting caught.

She shouldn't be allowed to keep the baby, you know why? Secrets don't stay a secret forever, what the hell will happen to that baby in school when people find out who it's mother is?! Selfish bitch didn't think about that did she.

I'm just wondering how many people who feel sorry for her/think she deserves a second chance would still feel that way had it been one of your babies brutal murder she covered up?

Not a nice thing to think about at all and maybe i shouldn't say it, but its easy to say shes done her time and deserves a second chance and a life with her own child, when its not your family affected by her actions. Just saying.

People are entitled to their opinions and i am inclined to feel very deeply sorry for the parents of Holly and Jessica at this news. I don't think i'm being unfair at all, just looking at it from a different perspective.

I dont think my OH could be capable of anything like that, and i love him and trust him. But i would not lie for him, in an instance, but esp in a murder equirty. Its not as simple as he doesnt have an alibi so must be him, there are a lot of facts that need proving "beyond resenible doubt", so lack of alibi wouldnt count as anything overall.

I dont understand those who would lie for their patners, what if it was the other way round and it was your babies that had been taken, how would you feel knowing someone had lied for their partner because they thought he couldnt possibly do such a thing. In reality i dount anyone would be with someone that they thought could be capable of such an act, so to me its scary to think people would consider lying for their partners, i would of course be there every step of the way with him, but i wouldnt lie, my ingetrity is important to me.

I have read the book by Kevin Wells a couple of times now about the pain and heartache they went through before they found the girls and after they were found, it was a truely heartfelt book. If I was the parent of those poor girls finding out that the woman that helped your child's murderer cover up for period of time was to become a mother and live a happy life when your life has been turned upside down and you will never see your own daughter again, damn right I would be mad, I would be absolutley steaming. Let's be honest and put our feet in the shoes of the victims family and not the criminal (even if she has served her sentence).

As for the criminal record being wiped clean and being allowed to work with children, I find this highly unlikely as I am sure she will have a parole officer who works closely with her and would prevent this from happening, also as she is only 1 in 4 people in the UK with a new identity it should be pretty easy to keep track of.

:shock:

i don't know about anyone else but when i see pictures of jon venables and robert thompson, i feel sick!

It really does make me cry when I hear anything about James Bulger's case!... I never knew him or his family but I feel that a piece of my heart has gone because of this awful crime :cry:

It's such a tough one, I can see it from both sides aswell. But I really hope she thought about how her past may affect her child though. If i'm completely honest I think she's selfish to have a child knowing what it could go through because of her.

I can see it from both sides I guess. Yes she lied, hindered an investigation to find two young girls, gave false alibis etc. But she didn't murder them. She absolutely deserved to go to prison, no doubt about it. I know she says she had no idea but how do we know that for real? But she did her time for perverting the course of justice which is all she was allegedly guilty of. On the other hand though, it is seriously unfair that the parents of Holly and Jessica have to see that she is getting on with her life and having a baby, when theirs were cruelly stolen from them because of something she was involved in. As for Ian Huntley, this may make me a sick person, but I am so glad that he is constantly being tortured by inmates. This is why I oppose the death penalty, Huntley has to live in constant fear of being beaten up or even killed every single day and so he should!

I dont think my OH could be capable of anything like that, and i love him and trust him. But i would not lie for him, in an instance, but esp in a murder equirty. Its not as simple as he doesnt have an alibi so must be him, there are a lot of facts that need proving "beyond resenible doubt", so lack of alibi wouldnt count as anything overall.

I dont understand those who would lie for their patners, what if it was the other way round and it was your babies that had been taken, how would you feel knowing someone had lied for their partner because they thought he couldnt possibly do such a thing. In reality i dount anyone would be with someone that they thought could be capable of such an act, so to me its scary to think people would consider lying for their partners, i would of course be there every step of the way with him, but i wouldnt lie, my ingetrity is important to me.

This. You just put it much better than me :thumbup:

I don't get either why people would just lie over the lack of an alibi, they couldn't just charge you and sentence you on this alone. If there was nothing to hide then surely there would be nothing to find. :shrug: It wouldn't take long for them to no longer consider you a suspect.

Also I don't think people would be so willing to give her another chance of life and happiness if that had been their babies this had happened too. Its horrible to even imagine being in that position but I know without doubt that I would never ever forgive her for what she had done, even if in some peoples eyes all she did was 'pervert the course of justice". Like someone said earlier, she wasn't only covering for him for something as small as petty theft, she covered over the murders of 2 innocent little girls.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/nov/02/maxine-carr-no-ghoul-we-are?newsfeed=true

i agree with whats written here.
What she did was wrong...yes.......but she didnt murder those girls.

i agree with Kitty.

If i thought in my heart that L wasnt capable, and that the only way to protect him from something i believed him to be innocent of, was to 'twist' events, i would do.

We wont know the words he used, for all we know he could have confused her with slightly different times of day, or put words in her mouth, and she just went along with it etc.. its very easy to be manipulated without even realising.

And i HIGHLY doubt the child will ever find out, or that her identity would ever be released... partly because as soon as it was, they'd be whisked away somewhere new (again) and also because the legal system works much better without media involvement. They are forbidden from 'exposing' her for now, and probably will be until its too late to identify her anyway.

The child doesnt deserve to be taken away from its birth mother, just as any of us dont deserve to be snatched away from our parents - when her past, her studpidy, or naivety is NOTHING to do with the child. My dad was in prison long before i was born for a horrific driving accident, and i wasnt whisked away because of it. Granted, he was a nasty man anyway, but she wont necessarily be. She could be an amazing mother, and a wonderful (albeit stupid) human being, no one apart from her and her partner will ever know.

I agree, the crime she committed was fairly mild. She was stupid but people are stupid every day, stupidity isn't a reason to take someone's child away. She'll have to live with what happened forever now, whether she has a new identity or not. I think that if she genuinely had no idea what Huntley was up to then that's punishment enough

'secrets are lonely soul destroying thoughts'

i actually feel slightly sorry for her. she fell in love with a monster, and trusted him too much.

dont forget that as soon as she realised that he could have possibly done it, she admitted to the police - that took guts, she knew she would get in trouble for it.

i actually think people are too hard on her, she isnt a murderer, just was the girlfriend of one.

I agree with kitty & hayley, I didn't know how too explain it yesterday so left it but those girls kinda sum it up

you cant help who you fall in love with, as they say. x

I can't bring myself to believe that she didn't know the whole story. I certainly don't see her as a victim of a manipulative man.

I understand that she wasn't convicted of assisting an offender, but that doesn't mean she didn't. Only that the crown couldn't prove that she did.

As for her new identity, I wouldn't be suprised if her new partner did know who she was. The same goes for the kids in the Bulger case, I imagine their partners know too. As for her kid when it grows up... I imagine their mother's previous identity would be the least of their problems. :shrug:

People are fucked up, and no they don't deserve to have children, but I don't think that living in a society which can choose who can have children would be any better.

I can't bring myself to believe that she didn't know the whole story. I certainly don't see her as a victim of a manipulative man.I understand that she wasn't convicted of assisting an offender, but that doesn't mean she didn't. Only that the crown couldn't prove that she did.

As for her new identity, I wouldn't be suprised if her new partner did know who she was. The same goes for the kids in the Bulger case, I imagine their partners know too. As for her kid when it grows up... I imagine their mother's previous identity would be the least of their problems. :shrug:

People are fucked up, and no they don't deserve to have children, but I don't think that living in a society which can choose who can have children would be any better.

I don't see her as a victim either and certainly would never in the slightest feel sorry for her, TBH I do find it difficult to understand how people do. The only people I see as victims in the whole situation are them two innocent girls and their family's.

I also believe that she must of known more, I just cant comprehend how someone can be that stupid and that naive, I just don't buy it. Yes she co-operated with the police after but that could have been for any amount of reasons, maybe just because she thought they may be more lenient with her.

If you read the article that smelly07 posted the link too, then apparently her new husband does know her identity. I find that quite shocking myself.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->