Somebodys comment disturbed me...shall I say anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you have done the right thing. i dont think she intentionally meant to be neglectful, i think she just didnt know any better. social services can advise her better x

That original post made me feel sick to my stomach. That poor little baby. You definately did the right thing and I commend you for your courage in reporting it. This whole "oh, it's none of my business" crap should not be equated to the neglect of children.

And for those who said it's not abuse, it's neglect. Neglect is abuse lets never forget that.

well done you tiggerpony. ignore any nasty comments, theres always at least one...

well done hun, you always read about some of the horrific things that go on and then out the wood work the neighbours go well the kids were always dirty and out on the streets alone, oh i always heard shouting and banging, oh the kids were always on their own etc etc but then did nothing

well you did something! xkx

Tigger pony you've done the right thing, ignore the rude comments. The bottom Line is having a child is a gift, the woman doesn't appreciate that and needs to look at her parenting, her and her lo need help. It's made me feel better to know you rang ss.

Well done hun you came through for that little boy and thats all that matters. As for the rude people out there they shouldnt even touch your radar. Your at peace with yourself and your decisions so ignore them xxxxxxxxxxx

Maybe not as young but the majority of mums I know use or recommends CIO. It is standard practice & I've met people who have sleep trained from birth but they love their children dearly and wouldn't want any harm to come to them. That is the way people do it unfortunately. But its the parents choice.

I'm sorry but I haven't come across this, the only person I have met who does CIO was an American friend. I did CIO with my eldest when he was 11.5 months old; I regret it now but I haven't met anyone else who has done that at any stage really; aside from the American lady who I am no longer on speaking terms with (not just because of the letting her 1-2 month olds CIO and never checking on them at night but various other parenting and general issues also). To say everyone does it just because people you know do it, isn't really accurate.

Not trying to cause any problems or anything. But, when you read her post i believe she says "the majority of people I know" and "I've met." I am not trying to be rude at all so please don't take it that way it was just something i noticed and felt obligated to point it out. So she isn't saying EVERYONE persay just people she has come in contact with.

In her first post (you've quoted the second) she said everyone does CIO except people on this forum and that it is 'standard' practice. I am not the only person who questioned this. Anyway say no more because I don't want to be accused of being rude or having too much time on my hands AGAIN

Wow.

I have sometimes let LO cry because it's all I can do. I get to a point where I get so stressed and he's so worked up that I HAVE to put him down and leave the room for a few seconds. It's heartbreaking but I have to. I had to do it when he's in hospital too. I don't want to say it's easy for me to do it know because it's not, but in a way I'm used to it.

I would never intentionally let him cry if the above wasn't the case. I couldn't. My baby needs me.

Wow look at the comments- and we know who they are directed at. Isnt that breaking a rule? (I could be wrong) Directing comments at users?

"nasty rude people" " too much time on their hands" " always the same people" "rude people"

Seriously?- it is okay for you "people" to make others feel like shit.. but those people make a comment- and "they have too much time on their hands" I don't get it .. isn't that a form of abuse right there!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to offer their advice....That is what threads are for usually.. To state your opinion or offer advice.

Anyways .. I am done. Its the same people making nasty comments about other people. All the time, there is always at least 1 person to call out someone elses comment- and make a fuss about it.

Oh I didn't mean everyone if thats what I wrote. Of course I wouldn't know what every mother does and can't imagine EVERY mum does CIO.

Just re read and I didn't write that..... I wrote cio is the standard way. Which I do think it is, I think its gradually moving away from that though.

Oh I didn't mean everyone if thats what I wrote. Of course I wouldn't know what every mother does and can't imagine EVERY mum does CIO.

Do these people you know leave their newborns from 7pm to 8am? i did ask earlier but not sure if you saw my post?

The issue is done.... bab- clarified herself.. why start it up again??

I met a lady at the baby modeling who told me her daughter slept through 7-7 from day 3 because she had her own bedroom and did cio. And my neighbour put her three children to bed at 7pm let them cry it out and would ignore the cry for the nightfeed maybe around 3 months old, my friend from 3 months did that. Only very few people I know don't do that method. Except people on here, which is why I liked coming on here in the early days otherwise I would have thought I was doing something totally wrong.

^ she left a 3 day old to CIO for 12 hours? that's absolutely disgusting

In her first post (you've quoted the second) she said everyone does CIO except people on this forum and that it is 'standard' practice. I am not the only person who questioned this. Anyway say no more because I don't want to be accused of being rude or having too much time on my hands AGAIN
She never said any such thing! Added a few words and twisted a couple more :dohh:

I think the thread has come to an end (with the high volume of reports considered too). The OP with some strong good advice received by most of you has taken the issue to social services where it should stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back