Someone please help me with this impossible situation!

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
My period arrived a week early on the 5th December and was a normal period, medium flow, and finished on the 9th. Fairly standard.

I have been temping and OPK using and all that and absolutely nothing has pointed to ovulation! I’ve been so frustrated as my OPKs got dark (but not positive) and then got lighter again. No consistent temp rise and no fertile CM.

Today I took an OPK and it was dark, however still not positive. I was a little confused as they had been getting lighter until now. So I took a HPT out of curiousity and got this line! I immediately took a FRER half an hour later (so after a 30 min hold) and got a BFN.

Surely this is a faulty test? Because otherwise I would have ovulated during my period?
I did have pink and brown spotting a few days ago on the 15/16 December which I thought may be ovulation.

I’m going crazy! I really am! This isn’t possible is it?

Attachments

• 92CED85A-CE03-4151-A05D-48A17A0A6379.jpg
    92CED85A-CE03-4151-A05D-48A17A0A6379.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 22
Do you have another test you can try after a longer hold? It certainly looks positive!

Do you have another test you can try after a longer hold? It certainly looks positive!

I have another FRER I’m going to try first thing tomorrow. But surely it can’t be possible? I mean I am only on CD 15 x

Had you tested when you had the period? Is it possible that was an implantation bleed, or you do hear of people who have regular monthly bleeds whilst pregnant also x

With my son I had a regular 3-4 day bleed, I was young, and it wasn't until I missed my next period that I tested and it turned out I was almost 4 weeks further on that I thought x

I’d drfinitrly test again coz that looks positive to me. Good luck :dust:

Interested to see what your test says in the morning because that is a pretty convincing line! If it was an early period, maybe it was an implantation bleed and not a period at all?

I did think it might be an implantation bleed however it was a normal period colour and consistency and length. And I did take a test just before and it was negative, I also took one on the 16th when I had spotting which was also negative. I’m just so confused! I’ll update you all on the FRER in the morning, if I can sleep that is lol!

I did think it might be an implantation bleed however it was a normal period colour and consistency and length. And I did take a test just before and it was negative, I also took one on the 16th when I had spotting which was also negative. I’m just so confused! I’ll update you all on the FRER in the morning, if I can sleep that is lol!

Good luck.

That looks like a positive test to me. I'm curious what your test in the morning will say.

Took the FRER this morning and got the faintest of faint second line. I tried to take a picture but my camera couldn’t pick it up properly. I’ve attached what I could get.

Given all the bleeding I’ve had from my period to all the spotting, if I am pregnant I don’t think it’s a good sign that this pregnancy is going to stick properly :( I’ll keep you all updated xx

Attachments

• 1CA9DAFD-1CA2-43B9-9E73-D7F60FCD5AD0.jpg
    1CA9DAFD-1CA2-43B9-9E73-D7F60FCD5AD0.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 28
Here’s a grayscale version xx

Attachments

• 7B423E81-661D-4C66-90D9-B44E3CB17F80.jpg
    7B423E81-661D-4C66-90D9-B44E3CB17F80.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 16
I can see the line. Are you going to go to your Dr's?

I can see the line. Are you going to go to your Dr's?

I couldn’t get an appointment today but I’m going to take another test on Friday (48 hours). And if that is darker then I’m going to go. If it isn’t then this is most likely a chemical :( x

I can see that line. Fx’ed it gets darker for you :dust:

So I’m impatient and couldn’t wait till tomorrow so I took another FRER and IC this morning. Both BFN. I think that it was most likely a chemical :( just gotta wait for AF to show up now to begin the cycle again x

Okay so I’m even more confused now :( took another IC (as I have loads) because I had some spotting after DTD this morning. Anyway.... this happened! What the hell? I mean seriously! I’m even more confused now! Especially as the FRER and IC was negative this morning xx

Attachments

• 53A9CF8C-A10E-4304-BF5B-29168026A959.jpg
    53A9CF8C-A10E-4304-BF5B-29168026A959.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back