Something i'm very proud of...

CandyApple19

Pregnant with #3, PAL.
Reaction score
:thumbup::thumbup: I know a lot of people will be like.. 'yeah? so..? you're supposed to do that anyway when you are pregnant!' But to me it's a huge achievement..

Dunno if i was in here when i made a post about medication you're on that could be scrapped (aren't life dependant). Well i went to the doctors like a fortnight ago, and i decided enough was enough... I have very chronic sciatica and i think there is another problem going on in that back of mine that needs diagnosing (is sciatica meant to grind and have your bones shift when you walk?)

I came off my co codamol tablets, it was hard because once uve been taking them for a certain amount of time, even sub consciously your body gets hooked and your whole chemistry changes to the way you handle pain and even your own temp regulation =[... I'm through the worst of it and can officially say i no longer take them nor have any dependency on them, but my god my back/hips are so sore.....=[ I'm on paracetamol alll day every day now, trying not to have them if i dont need them or try a different method of pain relief like a heat bag on my back and so on, but i tell you it's far from easy...

Anyone who is thinking about dropping a medication they know they've grown dependant on, u can do it, if you don't want to and it's been OK'd by the doctor then don't feel guilty about this thread like i'm rubbing it under your nose, i just hated the thought of giving birth to a baby who would suffer outside the womb, due to no codeine.

Just can't wait to sleep properly again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be proud of yourself!!!
Ive had sciatica this past week and I was crying in pain whenever i moved, even screamed at one point when DH tried to move me - and i have a high pain threshold, so I REALLY understand how painful it is. Luckily with great neghbours getting the kids to school and an amazing DH who has done everything (he has all pregnancy but ykwim!!), not moving from the sofa except for toilet and bed, I'm feeling much better, to the point where i only need half dose of the codeine in the mornings but this time last week i was taking full dose and wanted more.

Obv i wasnt dependant on them as it was only a week, but if you can come off them while being in that kind of pain, I take my hat off to you!! xx

WELL DONE!! xxxx

ive been on them for over a yearnow =D or, was on them.. so u can imagine how much my body needed to adjust, the pain is horrible, i was layed on the couch wincing, barely able the move, all cause i picked my son up in the wrong way =[ It's hard cause ben doesn't properly get the pain im in a loot of the time, it makes me go hot n dizzy n feel sick and snappy and everything bad, But hes dead against pain killers anyways and wasn't happy i was taking them, but when you're in that much pain ad you know it wont ease up, u need it to stop for your own sanity.

Cheers for that reply it made me feel so much better about it all! My issue now is that i plan to breastfeed this baby but if my back gets worse after pregnancy i'm not allowed to take them until i've stopped breastfeeding, understandable, but yack. I'm hoping to find a totally different way to deal with this until soehow it gets sorted, id happily never look back again, but thispain just wont go away. =[

I really do feel your pain.. mine was caused by an epidural in my sons labour and i didn't feel the effects til about 6 months after he was born and its only getting worse.

My mum had sciatica for about 18mths, she needed to use a walking stick, but it did get better. Shes absolutely fine now although i dont now how she did it and am certain it wasnt preg related as we were 6yrs+.
I've had a weak back since my 2nd child and then got SPD with my 3rd, so guess i just have a weak back now. I did mine in last week just by sitting crossed legged on the floor in the boys room sorting cars (hotwheel sized) from one box to another - no heavy lifting involved. Then when i stood up i couldnt stand straight :(
I did have physio after my son and it was amazing, no probs in the last 3+ years until now - have you gone to GP for a referal?
You prob have a know all this but if you go now while preg, the waiting list will be shorter and you will also be seen quicker after birth xx

ive just changed surgery so ill enquire about being put on the list to have it sorted out asap. =D really would love a drug free/pain free life again. it really sucks.xxxxxx

Well done chick!

I've got sciatica since being pregnant but its only certain days that it plays up. Thats painful enough so i can't imagine it all the time!

Well done you!! It's so hard to come off codeine tablets, trust me I know. I suffer with horrific migraines and codeine is the only thing that works normally and not being able to take them whilst pregnant is a nightmare! Go you! Go you! (I'm currently doing a funny pregnant impression of the running mun dance for you!) You should be proud of yourself! It takes a lot to come off them and you did it! Well done you! X

i have major issues with my hip and back, had an operation last feb on 1hip and the may before i had an operation on the other hip. i have also been on a lot of tablets and pain killers for over 2years taking tramadol, for almost a year, but when we decided to try for a baby i had to come off them, and managed to get onto co-codamol, which was VERY hard and i was in constant pain as that didnt touch me after the tramadol, now i have managed to only have paracetamol at night when i go bed and occasionally in the day if needed, but am still in alot of pain, i was told by my consultant that i have SPD and to take co-codamol, but i dont want to get hooked on it again.

ANYWAY, i know how hard it is to come off tablets you need to get you through your normal day to day life and i think you and everyone else should be very proud of anyone who has managed it.

WELL DONE, :) :D

Well done! You should definitely be proud, this is not an easy feat!
Sciatica is VERY painful, my hubby and a good friend of mine suffer from the pain.
I admire you for giving up on the pain meds while pregnant.
I hope the pain isn't too unbearable. Have you found any alternatives? Relaxation methods etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->