Sometimes jealous....

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
So, I hated pregnancy but I always loved that moment where I laid eyes on my precious baby for the first time. If only I could go back to each of my kids delivery and first week of life for even just awhile.

Can't help but feel jealous for those that get to meet their bundles of joy for the first time, that first day and that first week.

Without the pain of course. ROFL!

Anyone miss that special time?

i do leeanne! i really miss being pregnant, all the sickness back ache etc! although i wouldn't change anything for the world, like you theres so many special times i'd love to recreate - when i first got my :bfp:, first scan, finding out she was a girl, 4d scan, choosing all her bits, and i also miss the kicks and her being in my tummy, all close and comfortable. but like you said, i don't miss the pain, especially not the labour and emergancy c-section, and having her here is the best thing in the world :cloud9:

Oh yes, I so want to start TTC again now. It wont be long I dont think!!

I miss the magic of it all so much

Me too i miss all that but dont think otherhalf would want another just yet as Ruby was number 4 lol

I don't .. :blush: I have no idea why, I just don't feel like that. I do miss her being smaller but that's about it.

I know what you mean...that bliss and rush when you first hold your baby and bring it home.
And she sleeps and uses all those things that I've spent weeks preparing. :cloud9:

Yeah I miss being pregnant too... I miss stroking my belly and when Deacon's bum would stick out of my belly, and the hiccups too.

I think about the 1st time I held him and i get a bit :cry:... It was such a special moment and the first night I spend in hospital with him.. Yeah I was scared sh**less but I loved the bond that I developed whilst I was on my own with him xx

Yep, I totally miss it. Even, in my head, trying to justify TTC now. Baby would be born before my wedding. That's just crazy thoughts though!

Girls, I DO NOT miss being pregnant. LOL But I miss those first moments and days with my babies.

i do and dont miss being pregnant..do re having MY baby in MY belly...he knew only me..i was his life support and i had an excuse for being fat and moody!!

dont re the pain, my size, the worry, the sleeplessness nights, the feelin so low and ill and the inability to think properly lol

i so wish i could go back to the first week (well 3rd for me when we came home) the whole newness, how small he was, all the conversations with oh about how amazing it was to have him home, all my visitors etc etc

hated being pregnant but hope to do it all again next yr!!

h x

I think I see it all through rose tinted glasses....I know I wasn't too impressed with the pregnancy or the first weeks at the time! I'd like to be able to go back and do the first weeks 'right'.

I do miss being pregnant and love how he is now much more entertaining lol but newborns are so sweet and delicate thats what I didnt like ..as im a clumsy person I feared hurting max ..

I dont know about having another one as the mere thought of another c-seciton haunts me..the pain afterward is much more then id like to think about

I miss being pregnant as much as I moaned about it at the time.
I miss her just being mine.
I love her being here and I love the time we have when its just me and her.
I also feel jealous of pregnant women who also have that moment to come when you first see your tiny newborn. Its such a magical moment, and I wish I could have it again with my little girl.

I totally miss being pregnant, and when Seth was born I think I must have gone into shock because I dont remember anything from going to the loo and feeing like I was dying just before he was born (he was crowning and I hadnt been checked so I just thought I needed a poo lol) and going in the room to being in the bath afterwards. I cant remember the first time I saw him, heard him cry... anything. I really really wish I could. Matt didnt even take a photo of me and him when he was first born which Im gutted about too!

And i totally miss being pregnant god knows why.

xxx

I honestly don't miss the first days either :blush: Everything was new and the baby blues hit me really hard the first couple of weeks

I miss the first few days with my daughter, especially the first week, mind you I put it down to having a c-section though, the pain relief really knocked me about and I barely remember those first few days, I see photos that people took of me and baby whilst in hospital and I don't remember them being taken etc, so if I could have that week back with a clear head I would love it.

I massively miss the first moment she was laid on tummy

That was such an intense feeling

Id love to do that all over again

I miss it so much. And being pregnant - I loved it! I was so desperate to meet Sam that I don't think I appreciated the last few weeks enough - I loved feeling him kicking my ribs and keeping me awake at night! And that feeling when they first put him on my chest :cloud9:

I can't wait to go through it all again...not sure I'll be able to stop at 2 (don't tell hubby that though :shhh: :rofl:) x

I miss it so much. And being pregnant - I loved it! I was so desperate to meet Sam that I don't think I appreciated the last few weeks enough - I loved feeling him kicking my ribs and keeping me awake at night! And that feeling when they first put him on my chest :cloud9:

I can't wait to go through it all again...not sure I'll be able to stop at 2 (don't tell hubby that though :shhh: :rofl:) x

Your secret is safe with us. LOL

I so loved seeing her for the first time but because of the c-section i didnt get to hold her first and thats really what i wanted. Also when i was being sorted out afterwards she was taken away and they fed her a bottle :-(
Then we got back to the ward and my BF and Mum left as it was almost 3am and they put her in a cot across the room from me so i couldnt get to her or even hold my own baby,midwives kept coming in and changing her and holding her etc and not once did one pass her to me....i was really exhausted though but wanted to hold her etc and wanted help to get her BF"ing but they kept saying they had to give her these little bottle things! out of the room then she was taken to special care at around 10am :hissy: for 5 days wasnt allowed to hold her so that was all very tough and i would give anything to change all that now :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->