Sonoline b - 157 flashes and then disappears?

britgirl82

Reaction score
Am 8+4 and my new sonoline b arrived today.

I was using it and a 157 flashed up on the screen and then disappeared. All I could hear was the whoo-whoo of the placenta and my own heartbeat: not the baby's heartbeat (I know what that sounds like).

Does the sonoline b often flash up random numbers or could this be the baby?

I am having the same issue with Sonoline. I know my baby's heartbeat is in the 160s (based on my ultrasound last week). I have tried to look for the heartbeat a couple of times the past week and I see 161, 165 for a second and then it vanishes. My guess is that the baby's still small and has so much space to move about that it doesn't stay there long enough. During my ultrasound last week (12w 6d), I saw just how active the baby was and was moving, turning away, flopping- so that's why I guess the baby keeps running away when using the doppler. Maybe others with more experience and insight can chime in?

The numbers just aren't reliable at all. Go by sound and not the reading.

Then what on earth is the point of the numbers??!?! I have an Angelsounds already which is dying (it's four years old) so I got a Sonoline since having the numbers sounded really reassuring.

Argh.

That's what I said. I figured when the heart beat got stronger the read out would get more reliable, but no. Baby is incredibly loud now, and it still doesn't pick up all the beats.

It'll only give a consistent read out if it catches the hb consistently....so at smaller size this happens quite often but gets better as they get bigger. I just used to count what I heard over 10 seconds and multiply by 6

Yesterday was the first time I got a reading. I don't mind, I love hearing the beats and that little heart flash like crazy.
I really only look at the numbers to know it's not my own heart I'm hearing!

Really disspointed with my sonoline b. gives of a lot of static, even when it picks up my hb I can never hear it for the static. Won't be advising anyone else to get one

I have the sonoline and I don't trust the readout at all. I record the sound and do the maths!

Number of beats in 10 seconds times by 6 = bpm!

Mine reads anywhere between 120 - 150 but has averaged a steady 168 bpm the last two days by my calculations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->