Sonoline B Q's

kmumtobe

Mummy to 2
Reaction score
Hi, last pregnancy I had an angel sounds and found bean at 9w4. I know I'm early this time so I'm not surprised I can't find anything its more I need help understanding the sonoline! It's picking up anywhere in a range from 50's - 130's generally in the area with just about everything inbeteeen, can anyone explain this please? It did very briefly jump up to numbers between 160-180 then I couldn't find it again, but if it can go very low I'm sure it can go high without meaning it's actually baby! It's averaging 130. Any help welcome please! Thanks :)

What you're hearing in the 50's is your heartrate. What you're hearing in the 130's is likely an artery. What you're hearing in the 160-180's is likely baby, but the sound of that should be very different than what you're hearing at 50-130.

The way I describe it is my heartbeat and what I hear of arteries/placenta is a softer and slower "woosh-a-woosh-a-woosh-a-woosh-a-woosh-a-woosh." When I find babies heartbeats it sounds like a super fast and very hard "tick-a-tick-a-tick-a-tick-a-tick-a-tick" sound.

Thankyou that really helps, I'll have a watch. I was just expecting to see one rate for mine and one for baby (not that I was particuarly expecting to see that tonight!) hence the large range made no sense! I remember the sound clearly from last time but stupidly I had the volume down as the interference noise was annoying and when it went high I was too focussed on the numbers and going omg then by the time I thought to listen it had dropped again, won't build my hopes up but just maybe then!

I'm ten weeks and baby's heart rate is very loud on my soniline now, but the reading is still not accurate! I just find baby and count myself. Which can be tricky because it's so fast. Sometimes it takes a couple tries.

I have this Doppler. There are different modes. If you are on mode 1 then it is picking up any noises including the staticy noses as you move it across your stomach and counting those as hbs. Try it in mode 3. This one is manual and once you find the babys HB then click the menu button and it will do a read out of that HB. Otherwise if you don't actually hear a heartbeat then don't believe what is on the screen. I found my bubs at 7.5 weeks and though very hard to stay on top of, it was fairly loud and easy to differentiate from mine.

Bumping this thread as I'm buying one soon and want to use as reference. Thanks :)

I've been having the same issue. This thread is very helpful. Thanks, ladies!! Also, I don't think my Doppler picks up all the beats. When I watch the little heartbeat icon in the upper left corner, and compare it to the heartbeat I'm hearing, it looks like some of them don't register.

I've been having the same issue. This thread is very helpful. Thanks, ladies!! Also, I don't think my Doppler picks up all the beats. When I watch the little heartbeat icon in the upper left corner, and compare it to the heartbeat I'm hearing, it looks like some of them don't register.

Mine does the same. Its not 100% accurate so if your wanting a better number you can count them manually. I just make sure it's right on top of the HB to get the best reading and leave it there until I see a stretch where it does pick all the beats up and go by that number. I'm less concerned about the number, I just love hearing that Lil heartbeat.

Does anyone else who tries really early on find it only very briefly then disappears? Last night I was going by sound as apposed to numbers and sure I found it, the really fast paced sound then went after 10 seconds the same way the numbers went back down the time before. The numbers didn't seem to pick it up but I swear I wasn't imagining it tho with no scan or anything for confirmation all's good in there yet I'm reluctant to build my hopes up!

Hi Ladies,
Not sure anyone will check this thread again, but just wanted to add some of my experience with the Sonoline B, now that I have it. It was NOT easy for me to find the baby's heartbeat and I hope to settle some other's fears who have trouble finding the baby.

The video that one of the ladies posted on this thread was truly helpful. I didn't even read the instruction manual because the girl on the video covers everything. She was 9 weeks in the video and I've read lots of other people being able to locate the baby by 8, 9 weeks with no problem, so I figured I'd be able to find the baby since I was at the beginning of my 10th week. NOPE! Laid there for 30 minutes and found nothing.

I had a doctor's appt. a few days later where she checked the heartbeat and although it took her a while to find it, she finally narrowed in on it MUCH higher up that I thought it'd be....everyone says to search low near the pubic bone, but this baby was just a couple of inches south of my belly button.

I went home and immediately grabbed my doppler and went back to the same spot and found the baby, but it STILL took some doing, even though I knew exactly where to look. You have to be incredibly patient!!! It takes me 20-30 minutes to find the baby most times.

I'm just going to jot down a few things I've learned from using the Sonoline B doppler that will hopefully help others:

--Don't freak out if you can't find the baby!! They are SOOOO sneaky. And they do, in fact, move. I kept trying to look at the same spot the doctor found the baby origianlly, and it had totally moved to a different location a couple days later.

--Pay little mind to the heartbeat counter on the device. It's not always perfect at picking up the accurate heart rate, no matter what setting it's on. Especially if your blood flow is interferring with the baby's heartbeat....the device seems to get confused about what noise to focus on. Even when I found a clear reading of baby, the monitor was still kooky with the heartrate, going all over the place. I don't trust the numbers on the screen. If you hear that fast heartbeat, it's baby....and if it's fast, everything is probably fine and you can count the beats yourself if you are so inclined. I know for me, just hearing that fast beat gives me comfort.

--I've found that in these early days (I'm now in my 11th week), the sound of my blood wooshing is a lot stronger than baby's heartbeat. So, the baby often gets lost in the sound of my blood pumping, especially if baby is over near the arteries where the sound of those arteries is very loud. It really can overpower the baby's noises, which are very soft right now.

--Remember that baby can be turned in a direction or be tucked toward the back of your uterus where finding the heartbeat can be difficult. Wouldn't it be lovely if they were always backed right up to the front of our uterus where we could find them quickly? Well, that doesn't always happen and being so small and in different positions in there, they can be hard to locate.

--I've found the only way I can locate the baby is to use TONS OF GEL because it's responsible for transmitting the sound waves. The more gel, it seems the louder the sounds. And I have to place the probe in a starting spot and press it there for a few seconds, then start tilting that probe in the same spot, but in different angles. I've never found the baby with the probe being pressed flat against my stomach....always found it on one of the angles. And wait a few seconds with each angle of the probe. Then, move just a hairline in another direction and repeat the process. You have to give the machine time to pick up on that small heartbeat. You may not hear it right away.

Honestly, for me, it's a long process and a total miracle when I finally find the heartbeat. It is in NO WAY as easy as the video made it look...for me anyways!! And sometimes, it's very hard to keep the baby's heartbeat on the doppler for long. If I dare to breathe, that's enough movement to lose the heartbeat.

I really hope this can help at least one person who may be freaking out about not being able to find the baby.....I'm sure as time goes on and that baby gets bigger with a louder heartbeat and less movement, it will be easier. But in these early weeks, it really can be a challenge!!

Nice message Katie!

I'm not able to find mine either! I only had my Doppler at 11w with ds1 and I think it still took me a while then.

I really need some reassurance now that my morning sickness disappeared :cry:

Ill be 10 weeks tomorrow and I am yet to find the hb....I dont try everyday anymore... and I probably look for about 10 to 15 mins since I have no patience....I have looked everywhere! Theres nowhere left to look! I want to find it before my 12 week scan so I can have some kind of reassurance. ?.ive heard and read too many horror stories about 12 week scans and having no baby

Hi girls,
How did you get on now that some time has passed...are you having an easier time with the Doppler and baby?

After 9 weeks I was finding the hb easily every time going by the sound ignoring the numbers. I still find them very unreliable and vary depending which mode I'm in so for me it's no better than the angel sounds I had last time which has no display but it's been great reassurance non the less

Hi ladies,
Still struggling to find the hb. I get readings anywhere between 100-138 which I assume is my own hb. Very frustrating. Even OH has given it a go plenty of times. I'm starting to worry, especially since I've been taking advise from youtube vids and posters on here.. Still can't find it! Not sure what to do :( Any suggestions? x

I ended up finding the HB at 8+5! I've found it every day since.

I found mine just above the pubic bone, try doing little circle like movements (angle wise) start from the middle out, try both sides.

I also find where I here my hb the strongest near the center I find the HB, some times is muffled but the loudness!

Wow Lady, at 8+5....that's amazing!!!!! And I agree, pressing the probe in a spot and slowly rotating it around in a circle to hit all angles is what I do, too. I don't ever find baby unless its at an angle, and now that I'm in the 12th week it's getting easier to locate baby. Thankfully!

lovepurple....I wasn't able to find the hb on my own at 10 weeks, either, until my doctor found it (and she had trouble), then I ran home and checked the same spot and it STILL took me a while to find it. Don't get freaked out as you are still early...you will be amazed at the difference a couple weeks will make in the ease of detection.

I really had to press that probe pretty hard into my belly to find it at 10 week..and only when the probe was at an angle could I find it. My belly would hurt afterwards from pressing so deep. The more gel the better, too. At 10 weeks, the hb was very soft even at top volume and slipped away easily.

The 100--138 is likely your hb even though it seems crazy to have a resting heart rate as high as 138....that's why I said I don't pay much mind to the numbers. I set mine on setting 1 and just look for the audibly louder heartbeat. Even when I clearly narrow in on baby now, it still gives me screwy numbers. When is your next doctor appt.?

Bumping this thread so I can read all the tips when I got my doppler in the mail this weekend :winkwink:

I'm 8w1d and received my doppler in the mail yesterday. I tried it out (knowing I wouldn't get anything) so I could figure out all the different sounds. It's amazing to me :) hopefully find something in the next week or two ! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->