Sonoline B Q's

I have this Doppler too, I am going to watch the video before I start. Last time I couldn't find hb till after twelve weeks and it freaked me out.

Hi new ladies! Just remember not to freak out in these early weeks if you don't find the heartbeat or if it takes a long time to find. The baby is so little and moves a lot in there, so at times, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. But once you get used to the Doppler and the process (and you aquire a lot of patience), it really will help ease your mind between doctor's appointments to hear that heartbeat. Once baby starts moving on a regular basis you won't need the Doppler anymore, but it's worth every penny for the weeks leading up to that time.
Best wishes!

I just bought the doppler on craigslist for $40 looks brand new... can't wait!!!!

Got my doppler in the mail this morning. I read everyone's different advice and it really helped! I've found Nugget's heartbeat 2 different times now!

I use Mode 3... which let's you decide what sound you want the monitor to read. So once I found the heartbeat... I clicked the light bulb button and it gave a readout. As many other's have said, the readout is off. It read 155 at the highest, although when I counted 3 different times Nugget's heart rate was 180.

I picked up the heart beat a lot faster the second time I used the doppler, when my bladder was full. I'm 10w2d and Nugget was about 2.5 inches below my belly button, slightly to my right.

I just got a sonaline B last week. I was exactly 12 weeks when I got it. I picked up baby's HB on the first day, but it wasn't easy to find. And I felt the reading was not necessarily true to the HB. I found that it's better to just listen for the HB instead of relying on the number on the screen. Once I'm sure I've found it, I move to mode 3 and use that to get a HB reading.
I had to watch quite a few youtube videos on the sonaline B to ensure that what I was hearing was the baby's hb. Now, I know exactly what it sounds like. To me it's like a really fast lasso sound. My midwife found the HB today in the exact same place I've been finding it with my doppler. Hers read in the 160s. Mine usually says around 150. So, I think it may be slightly off.

I know that mine doesn't pick up the right heart rate all the time cause there's that little heart beating at the top corner of the screen, and if I look at that and listen to the heartbeat it doesn't go as fast usually. Sometimes it manages to pick it up, but most of the time it's slower.
I've counted a couple of times and it was above 170 while the doppler showed 150 so don't rely completely on those numbers :)

There was one video that helped me most, the girl showed how she just picks a spot below her bellybutton and keeps the wand there for a minute, pressing fairly hard down, and then slowly circles it around the same spot until she finds either the hb or the placenta/artery "woosh woosh" sound, that's when she knows baby is close. I've done that and I find mine every time, got the doppler at 9+6.

Good luck ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"