Soon 38 expecting #4 in May 2018

Foreign Chick

I'm Silvia Mom to 3 Girls
Reaction score
Hello ladies :flower:

Can't believe I just said 38... I don't feel 38 at all...

I'm starting this post in hopes of finding someone to share this journey with.
Perhaps someone who is due around that time, or just someone who is looking for a "ripe" bump-buddy <3

Would love to hear from you
:friends:

Hiya! I'm turning 38 soon too and currently 29 weeks with number 3. I have twins (born in 2014) already.

How far along r u?

Hello highhopes :)

Thank you for responding.

Still early days for me, almost 5 weeks. I also had a daughter born in 2014 ;)

How is this pregnancy treating you? Did you have any of the 35+ testing (harmony/t21) done?

I was 34 last time I was pregnant and seemed to have so much more energy! Feeling very tired this time round but I can't complain really as it hasn't been too bad with aches and pains.

Ahhhhh 5 weeks! Congrats!

I didn't have any particular 35+ tests done, justvthe standard ones that are offered on the NHS - nuchal test was the main one. I'm being monitored closely anyway due to the previous twin pregnancy (and probably my age too)

How r u feeling?

I see. I am surprisingly well, not feeling the fatigue I did with my last (just yet) hehehe the only symptom I have so far is, mild cramps in the pm. Unlike my last PG I feel great my face looks radiant hahaha had some mild skin irritation with my previous PG's but this time so far so good :) I am probably going to do the Harmony test, if it's offered at my office. Mainly for babies health reasons, but also for gender reveal. I would like to know ASAP. If it's another girl, I need to stop selling baby girl stuff on letgo heheh.

Did you find out your babies gender?

Foreign Chick, I'll definitely be your bump buddy, if all goes well this week! It would be so fun to have another 35+ mamma to share with during this journey. I will be 40 in January and I'm definitely feeling the fatigue. I hear it doesn't get any better when baby comes, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it! Gaah! I can hardly believe that I'm saying this stuff in such concrete terms (when instead of if). It's like I'm afraid that if I talk about it too much, I'll jinx it, or something. Anyway, I emailed my RE this morning to let her know what's going on. I know the next step is bloods, but I'm not sure if she'll do them before 14dpIUI, which would be Saturday. We shall see! :happydance:

Awesome, I'd love to have you as a buddy <3
Again a cautious but HUGE Congratulations!!!

I understand you, being a little "paranoid" and worried not to jinx it, but I'd say it's ok to be excited! Enjoy the news and be happy! As they say "when mama's happy everybody's happy" that includes your fetus :)
I think you'll have enough stress and worries in the next 18 years (at least) so embrace the time now and fill it with as much joy and excitement as you can. You and baby both deserve it.

Hope you get your appointment in before this weekend, and that your blood result #'s are through the roof :D

So glad you've joined me here :flower:

Thanks for the warm welcome and sage advice/support, Foreign Chick. My RE e-mailed back and wanted me to come in for blood work as soon as possible. So I'll have my first beta drawn tomorrow morning and should get the results later that day. I'm so relieved that I don't have to wait until Monday. Plus, the fact that they took it seriously and didn't assume it was the trigger made me feel a little more confident.

I am being cautious, but am also really excited if this is what I think it is! It's funny... we tried for so long and the breaks in between were agonizing (our donor moved away and then I had a dermoid on my ovary so had to have surgery, then I got laid off) so it felt like it would be forever until we'd get our BFP, even once I started with the RE. Now it feels like everything is happening so fast and sooner than I let myself hope for it to happen. With all of the difficulties in the rest of my life (due to terminally ill relatives and friends, plus lost a pet last week), it was about dang time to have some good news!

How are you doing? I can't imagine going through this with other children needing my attention, but I guess you do what you have to and make it work!

Hey lovely!

I am going to be 37 when LO arrives as long as it is a sticky one - this will also be #4.

How old are your others? How are you feeling? :)

Thanks for the warm welcome and sage advice/support, Foreign Chick. My RE e-mailed back and wanted me to come in for blood work as soon as possible. So I'll have my first beta drawn tomorrow morning and should get the results later that day. I'm so relieved that I don't have to wait until Monday. Plus, the fact that they took it seriously and didn't assume it was the trigger made me feel a little more confident.

I am being cautious, but am also really excited if this is what I think it is! It's funny... we tried for so long and the breaks in between were agonizing (our donor moved away and then I had a dermoid on my ovary so had to have surgery, then I got laid off) so it felt like it would be forever until we'd get our BFP, even once I started with the RE. Now it feels like everything is happening so fast and sooner than I let myself hope for it to happen. With all of the difficulties in the rest of my life (due to terminally ill relatives and friends, plus lost a pet last week), it was about dang time to have some good news!

How are you doing? I can't imagine going through this with other children needing my attention, but I guess you do what you have to and make it work!

1st of I'm so glad you get to go in for blood work tomorrow and don't have to wait all weekend. Yay!
FX for high #'s!!!

Sorry you've gone through all the heartache lately... it's about time good things start happening to you. You know what the say... When you least expect it ;)

As to me, I'm feeling GREAT. If it weren't for the daily evening cramps (uterine expansion) and the tender, oversized boobee's I'd think I'm on CD 7 :) NO NAUSEA, NO FATIGUE... It's crazy! My skin is actually better now then on CD 7 lol thanx for asking.

As far as the older kiddos goes, it really isn't as bad. My 10 & 8 year old are pretty independent, they take their own showers and wash their own hair, which helps a lot. The only help they ask for is with their homework, which I love helping with. My 3 year old obviously requires a little more attention. But she is pretty easy going, and it doesn't take much to entertain her <3 Being potty trained make a big difference! My DD 1&2 are 22 months apart, and were both in diapers for a few months, and that was a little harder, but as you said, we gotta do what we gotta do!

xx

Will be thinking of you tomorrow! Best of luck

Hey lovely!

I am going to be 37 when LO arrives as long as it is a sticky one - this will also be #4.

Hey Rosi,

thanx for joining :flower:

Congratulations on #4!

My Girls are 10, 8 & 3. Feeling better than ever! No complaints:) thank you for asking!

How about you? How old are your others? How you feeling about #4? Have you told anyone yet?

xx

Yes I did find out the gender - it's a girl. We have b/g twins so I would have been happy either way!

It's great that you don't have any morning sickness yet. I actually had more with this pregnancy than with the twins! Also feel more tired, maybe it's my age?!

Hey wicky78, congrats! Thanks

Congratulations on team :pink:

I have felt extremely exhausted with my previous PG's from the beginning and that was 11, 9 & 4 years ago... So it can't be age related lol Maybe Girl fetuses wear out more hehe, yeah let's go with that :haha:

Hey lovely!

Hey Rosi,

thanx for joining :flower:

Congratulations on #4!

My Girls are 10, 8 & 3. Feeling better than ever! No complaints:) thank you for asking!

How about you? How old are your others? How you feeling about #4? Have you told anyone yet?

xx

:thumbup:

My lasses are older; 16, 14 and 7 :)

I'm waiting a little longer to tell them but told OH immediately (although I kind of wish I had held off and done it in a more fun way! I was just so stunned!)

My mum guessed last week and I've told two close gal pals.

I'm quite queasy and achey of boob, but it's also kinda reassuring to have symptoms!!

Have you told many? I'm guessing people will give it "oh are you hoping for a boy?" I've heard that soooo many times!

How funny that your mom guessed hehehe love it!

No, other than DH no one knows... I'm dying to tell my oldest, but she has been wanting a brother for so long. I'm afraid when I tell her she'll get her hopes up again. When I found out #3 was a girl, she cried... So I'm wanting to wait till I find out gender and if it's another girl (most likely, cause that's all I grow lol) I can gently prepare her, and if miracles do happen and it's a boy, well then we'll both cry together, happy tears this time...

With that said, I DO hope it's a boy, and everyone who knows me knows that I've always wanted a boy, with my 1st 2nd and 3rd. I'm planning to to find out at 10 weeks via harmony test, just to prepare myself for either scenario. I do want to enjoy this final pregnancy and not have any regrets!

Yes a few mild symptoms sure are reassuring. I also have extremely full and tender bb's and cramps every night. And I'm not complaining ;)

How far along are you? Are you hoping for a certain gender? What genders are your older 3?

Happy Friday ~

Hey, Foreign Chick, count me in too! I'm 39. I'm expecting #3. Have a 19-year old and a 1-year old. I'm due May 28. What is your EDD?

Yay Rawr!!! How exciting... huge Congrats on your :bfp:

I'm due around the 17th sending you all my pink dust:dust:

Awesome! And I will send you all my blue dust. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back