Soon 38 expecting #4 in May 2018

Thank you, thank you!

I am so happy for you! How are you feeling?

Been cramping all night, which made me rather nervous (I was at work). But when I got home and googled it, apparently it's normal as long as it's not severe (it's not) and not accompanied by bleeding (no, thank God!). So, I guess it's normal. But I don't remember that with LO or my 19-year-old.

LOL, maybe that means it's a girl?

Yes, that's absolutely normal! And actually a great confirmation that embryo has implanted correctly and your uterus is expanding and making room for the fetus to grow. Now don't be too concerned if the cramping subsides or even stops. It will come and go.
As far as the gender goes, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it :p but non then less have I got everything crossed for a girly for you <3

Hope you have a great weekend :flower:

Conratulations to you all .

Hi there,I just turned 40 in May and am expecting my third..my older girls are 24 and 21&#128516; .im currently 12 weeks and have my first scan on Monday. But am finding the fatigue is killing me ....

Thank you Avonleigh, Congratulations to you as well.

Amazing, now that your girls are all grown you get to do it all over again, love it <3

You have to be so excited to see LO for the first time on Monday, enjoy the special time, and share a pic if you don't mind, I'd love to see ;)

I hear yah on the fatigue, it has also caught up with me... Let's hope we won't have do deal with it past Trimester 1, hopefully you'll only have to deal with it another week :)

Keep us posted xx

:flower:

Can I join in? I'm 38 and recently found out I am expecting number 5! :) I have a 14, 5, 4, and 2 year old. :) my due date is 5/31 :)

Absolutely! Welcome and Congratulations on your pregnancy :flow:

I'm also a 1979er ;) when is you b day? Mine is 11\28

Love summer birthdays! 2 of my daughters are July babies <3

Have you guys announced the good news to your older children yet?

I haven't told anyone yet. I am waiting to see the heartbeat before I do. My first ultrasound is scheduled for the end of next week.

I hear yah. Mine is finally coming up on Monday... It's been the longest 3 weeks since scheduling it. Can't wait.

Can't help but worry so much this time around. I think it's related to my age. Thinking of doing the Harmony test. But then telling myself what if abnormalities are found? Will I just not keep the baby? Ughhh so much stress... I hope it's for nothing.

Happy humpday :))

I hear yah. Mine is finally coming up on Monday... It's been the longest 3 weeks since scheduling it. Can't wait.

Can't help but worry so much this time around. I think it's related to my age. Thinking of doing the Harmony test. But then telling myself what if abnormalities are found? Will I just not keep the baby? Ughhh so much stress... I hope it's for nothing.

Happy humpday :))

Yes! All around!! The beginning sucks. The nerves and all of that. Seeing the heartbeat is SUCH a big deal.

I plan to do the genetic testing. I think no matter what~ it will help me prepare for whatever may come my way. I'd rather know and have the ability to plan and research if need be. Knowledge is power in my book. I'm definitely nervous too bc of my age!

I'm 35 #4 for me too... dd is 5 , ds 3 and ds 16months...bit of a shock for us that's for sure x

Anyone have a journal? I'd love to stay in touch! :hugs:

Mine is in my signature :thumbup:

Hey Ladies, sorry I've abandoned you for the last few days, for some reason I've not been getting new post notifications, hmmmm

Sopho<<< Welcome & Congrats on #4 :flow: has it sunk in by now?

Holly<<< a journal sounds like a great idea, I've thought about it, but haven't started one.

So I've had my 1st scan on Monday and got to see ONE baby(Thank you Jesus) with a healthy heart beat <3 Baby measured a couple of days ahead... Couldn't ask for more.

How are you ladies feeling? Any upcoming events?
xx

Hey lovely ladies I'm nearly 39 and this is currently number 4# due beginning of Jan.
I have found this time I'm so tired feel moody grumpy. I know will be worth it though.
Happy and healthy journeys to u all xx

Hi to everyone!

I've been kind of quiet since the beginning of this thread, but wanted to stop in and say hello and welcome to everyone who's joining in! I can't remember now if I've given much about my details, so I'll do that (maybe again). I'm 39 and will be 40 in January, expecting my 1st, due May 26 or so. DW is 55, will be 56 in November, so we're definitely "older moms" and thrilled about it.

Foreign Chick - I'm with you on the sense of relief at having ONE baby in there. I was very concerned I might have two or even three and was very glad to learn there is just one. I think I asked the RE about 5 times if she was sure it was just one :haha:

Next big thing is my first appointment with Maternal-Fetal Medicine next Wednesday. It will be a meeting with the Nurse Practitioner, then an ultrasound. I'm hoping they can help me get my blood sugar under control. My Diabetes went nutso about the day I found out I was pregnant and it's been impossible to control since then. I expected to have issues (I was warned), but didn't expect it from practically day 1! So I'll be glad to get to the doctor who can actually help me with that in light of my pregnant "condition." I'm kind of hoping they will put me on an insulin pump so that I can stop stabbing myself multiple times a day and still keep my sugars in a normal range (oh yeah, and be able to eat a cracker every now and then).

How is everyone else doing?

Welcome CKelly :flow: congratulations on your pregnancy!!
I'm with you on fatigue and grumpiness .... Both are overwhelming atm. Do you think this is age related heheheh. For my family's sake I hope this eases soon.
Do you know babies gender yet?

Hiya Wicky, glad your scan went well and you only saw one baby, phew I know. Imagine the relief if you already had 3 hehehe. Fx for Wednesday, hope your NP can help you figure out how to betray manage you blood sugar xx Will be thinking of you, Good Luck.

Wishing you ladies a great weekend!

Hi ladies
Yes I think it is my age lol everyone keeps reminding me I am "older" lol.
Also found out today I have gestational diabetes so more appointments and reading ahead :/
No gender known as hubby wants to keep it surprise.
Hope everyone is doing good xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"